So let's that Skype won't be there on launch which sounds like the case. What if it shows up 4 months or 6 months down the road... will you support Skype when they did not support "us"?

Side note: After using BBM voice, the quality is 100x better imo. Add desktop support and we're headed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for the responses.
    01-11-13 02:51 PM
    I still like using Skype and will continue to do so even if its not launched on BlackBerry 10. M$ doesn't want to give RIM any better chance of success. I think eventually M$ will ruin Skype with tactics like this and a truly cross platform video service will emerge a winner.

Btw Skype will have a web app that should work on BB10.
    01-11-13 02:55 PM
    One word...... NO!
    nappp, V22 and phylez like this.
    01-11-13 03:04 PM
    Microsoft will be very hyppcrtical if they don't allow Skype on BB10.

As for supporting, I download apps that suit my needs. Cross that road when I have to.
    01-11-13 03:07 PM
    That will prove that BB 10 is a success and has become too important of a platform to ignore if Skype comes along with other skeptical big app devs. Skype or not, BB 10 needs truly excellent Voip feature. BBM Voice is a good start, but need to go much farther.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    kozmo68 likes this.
    01-12-13 03:55 PM
    I will not support Skype and MS. I do not understand why Microsoft would keep Skype off the platform though but then whine about the lack of Google apps and supports for WP8 it just seems very hypocritical to me.
    V22 and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-13-13 01:56 AM
    Microsoft does not complain about a lack of Google apps, get your facts right. It complains about Google deliberately treating Windows Phone differently (redirecting IE10 users so they cant use Google Maps) and complains about not being given the same access to some YouTube API. Apart from that if BB10 does not have sufficient users such that developing a Skype app would be profitable, then MS has no obligation to do it. Instead it does have an obligation to its shareholders to not develop an app for it since that would waste resources and money. Its sad to see people making their gadgets into some ideological and personal vendetta thing.
    01-13-13 07:02 AM
    BB 10 needs truly excellent Voip feature.
    What about ooVoo or Faceflow.
    I know I will be supporting them, because they support BB.
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    01-13-13 11:40 AM
    So let's that Skype won't be there on launch which sounds like the case. What if it shows up 4 months or 6 months down the road... will you support Skype when they did not support "us"?

This is stupid, this isn't something to take personally. Microsoft is a business and needs to do what it's management team thinks will make the company money. If that team doesn't believe that blackberry is the right direction for them to go in then they shouldn't go that direction.
    01-17-13 12:19 PM
    Skype has a huge potential, but Microsoft’s support for Blackberry on the opening day is probably not going to happen. Unless they have some other monetary or other concessions agreements with Rim behind the scenes, why would they (MSFT) develop Skype for BB10 launch date and add more wind into Rim's sales.
    This is a short term view though, and in the long run this is not a winning strategy for MSFT.
    MSFT knows that they already got themselves a recipe to become the most popular, a de facto standard, cross platform text, VoIP and video caller standard. There is actually no other company positioned this well across all platforms and if Rim delivers so will MSFT.
    01-17-13 11:44 PM
    This is stupid, this isn't something to take personally. Microsoft is a business and needs to do what it's management team thinks will make the company money. If that team doesn't believe that blackberry is the right direction for them to go in then they shouldn't go that direction.
    ^^^^ This. +1000

Personally, I think Skype ignores BB10 at its own peril. If MS is that dumb that they don't want the users, I'm sure RIM can find some creative ways to extend the reach of BBM...
    01-17-13 11:46 PM
    This is stupid, this isn't something to take personally.
    Disagree. Although I wouldn't fall into the they-didn't-support-us camp, fact is that people take things personally and it's not stupid. A business, on the other hand, should not take things personally, as you stated: "business... needs to do what... will make the company money." People, however, are not businesses. They have emotion and attachment. The latter being very important to RIM.

So no, it's not stupid. It's a valid question based on legitimate emotions that exist for many people.
    01-18-13 12:18 AM
    but its on every other Windows Phone competitor... (not trying to troll... just pointing it out)
    phylez likes this.
    01-22-13 04:32 PM
    In one of the screenshots of bb10, i saw the Skydrive app. Doesn't this mean there will be a good chance that skype will also be available on bb10?
    01-23-13 02:45 PM
    Not sure yet. I have many family members that use other platforms and live in different states, I would like to see their faces everynow and then
    01-23-13 02:50 PM
    In one of the screenshots of bb10, i saw the Skydrive app. Doesn't this mean there will be a good chance that skype will also be available on bb10?
    RIM pulled that BS with the PlayBook too. Shady thing to do.
    01-23-13 03:40 PM
    By the time Skype comes to BB10 and if it ever comes to BB10, I'll already be using Face Flow with my Family and Friends.

01-23-13 06:03 PM
    Skype is coming to bb10 I have seen pics on twitter from a reliable source. But even if they were fake why would Microsoft make a windows messenger app considering that the service is being decommissioned and replaced by skype it would only make sense that they make a skype app for bb10
    01-23-13 06:12 PM
    Only reason I could come up with is to help with that third place they want. Allow the service to all but your closest rival.
    01-28-13 08:18 PM
    My preference would be for BBM to land on a PC with video and become an alternative to Skype, this is possible but maybe a stretch.

An alternative thought for Microsoft here is to look at how to crack the apparent stranglehold of Google and Apple, one approach might be to strengthen BB to create that crack, give Skype to BB and they can begin to help by leading the way, the enemy of my enemy is my friend approach. This might make inroads for WP8. I believe Microsoft and RIMM will become the dominant OSs in the near future.
    01-28-13 09:41 PM