hi guys, if they stop supporting will the app be able to work?can we send messages or call again? CAN we DOWNLOAD and RUN the app from bb world again?
    thanks for ur response
    Last edited by Dimitrif Kritschief; 02-06-17 at 10:57 AM.
    02-06-17 03:41 AM
    acctually i myself am a big fan of bb os and its phone and trust me when i say this i will keep my phone till it litterly stops working!!
    i really love my passport and its OS. why would i migrate to android or that intolerable iOS. and i never listen to these kinda guys weather acctually bb is dead or not! i love my phone and its os so who cares what they say?
    02-06-17 11:01 AM
    Let's just wait and see what happens. Will you die without WhatsApp? Your phone won't, so that's something at least right?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 11:41 AM
    of course not-just wanted to know. and thanks for ur reply
    02-06-17 02:09 PM
    Although I don't use Whatsapp, I moved to a PRIV (Android) for other reasons. I'm finding Android to be quite comfortable and the PRIV still feels like a BB.
    So, I don't feel like I've had to "settle" or like I have abandonded BB.
    02-06-17 02:16 PM
    Hi
    I suggest to use Telegram with unofficial client named "Plus" its good social app with a lot of features
    Its very good run on bb10roid and have a lot of theme!
    Whatsapp is very good but android ver, we cant send media easily.
    Use web whatsapp in phone is a bad case.
    2017/6/30
    2017/2/7
    About 150 days remaining...
    anybody know its true
    Maybe nemory make a whats10 ?!
    02-06-17 03:39 PM
    Buy a new phone. I am sure WhatsApp will block all BB 10 IMEIs to connect to their servers.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 10:32 PM
    Based on what the expired WhatsApp versions are doing, I believe the app will still receive messages for a while but will block your ability to send any messages from a BB10 device. This will serve to let BB10 WhatsApp users know, in no uncertain terms, that their device is not supported. However, it will, in no way, suddenly stop any critical contact - you never know what people, say, in different parts of the world may need to reach each other. It just will be very inconvenient to use since you will have to use SMS or something to send a message.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-06-17 11:11 PM
    Hi
    I suggest to use Telegram with unofficial client named "Plus" its good social app with a lot of features
    Its very good run on bb10roid and have a lot of theme!
    Whatsapp is very good but android ver, we cant send media easily.
    Use web whatsapp in phone is a bad case.
    2017/6/30
    2017/2/7
    About 150 days remaining...
    anybody know its true
    Maybe nemory make a whats10 ?!

hi there i'm so glad to see an iranian tech guy here, i'm from iran too. well we r supposed to speak english here so thank u so much for reply. but using an apk is a bit risky and yes i've tried plus app on my passport.i was looking for an app which let me call my friends not just sending messages.
    i'm really happy to meet a BB fan from my country in crackberry.what is your phone ?ur profile isn't completed ... do us a favor and complete it.
    again thank u so much for ur reply.
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    02-07-17 01:10 AM
    thanks all for ur replies.
    02-07-17 01:11 AM
    hi guys, if they stop supporting will the app be able to work?can we send messages or call again? CAN we DOWNLOAD and RUN the app from bb world again?
    thanks for ur response
    IF WhatsApp does what they said they were going to do, no you won't be able to use the WhatsApp app from BBW. But who know if they might not extend the deadline again. It's expected the changes they are planning will end the 3rd Party "apps for apps" also. And as the Android version really isn't working too well on BB10 at the moment... there aren't too many options open to you.

Hope they extend the end once again, but plan on getting a new phone... just in case.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-07-17 10:57 AM
    thanks all for ur replies.
    U can use hike messenger for call, there is in bbw but its not update
    Last edited by hamed ghorbani; 02-08-17 at 02:50 AM.
    02-07-17 02:51 PM
    Wow, why my answer delete, how?
    It was deleted in your best interests. You put personal info in your post.
    02-07-17 03:01 PM
    It was deleted in your best interests. You put personal info in your post.
    Lol, little big brother is watching!

I did not update to the latest Whatsapp from BBW, the previous version was valid only until Dec31, 2016.

And it took a few days after Dec31, but I can no longer send or receive any messages.

My device is pretty quite now on the messaging front, but I'm on couple of BBM group chats.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 03:21 PM
    Buy a new phone. I am sure WhatsApp will block all BB 10 IMEIs to connect to their servers.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think WA is going to be so hostile against all IMEI of BB10.
    As we have seen few days back all old version WA of OS 10 stopped working.
    That's the maximum we can expect.
    However there is strong possibility that Android version will continue to work with limitation. I have tried GB WA after patch and except media sending even the video call was working fine.
    Do we have any example where a developer has blocked all IMEI of particular OS ?
    02-07-17 11:54 PM
    And as the Android version really isn't working too well on BB10 at the moment...
    Oh, had to sell my Android phone and now back to the Z30. What's wrong with the Android version of WhatsApp?
    02-16-17 07:41 AM
    I wish all those apps wouldnt have a need to be updated each time. Just 1.0 release working forever.
    02-17-17 01:13 PM
    I wish all those apps wouldnt have a need to be updated each time. Just 1.0 release working forever.
    Yeah, sure. Okay.
    Just gonna leave this here.

02-17-17 03:12 PM
    Just gonna leave this here.
    I wasn't talking about software that goes new features every time. Also, Photoshop's new versions always sold separetely (at least before) or as upgrades.

I talk more about apps that dont change much or at all their basic functions.
    02-17-17 03:20 PM
    I wasn't talking about software that goes new features every time. Also, Photoshop's new versions always sold separetely (at least before) or as upgrades.

What apps, specifically, are these, then?
    02-17-17 03:55 PM
    Hm, now maybe you're right, after second thought.

Or maybe it's just me being fixed more on mindset that product should be "complete and ready" instead of "oh, hey, here is our early alpha please buy it we promise to update it so it will have what we promised".
    02-17-17 04:05 PM
    Hm, now maybe you're right, after second thought.

Or maybe it's just me being fixed more on mindset that product should be "complete and ready" instead of "oh, hey, here is our early alpha please buy it we promise to update it so it will have what we promised".
    Or how about, "Here are some features we didn't have the capability to add before, because the OS/hardware/services to support it weren't available, but now we can, so here it is in the next version."
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-17-17 04:27 PM
    You're too optimistic. Or it's me being pessimistic coming from ios background where apple force developers to abandon previous os support by not providing them tools/certificates even if newer version of app doesnt use anything that appeared in new version of os .
    02-17-17 04:58 PM

You mean apps which are dead?
    02-17-17 07:00 PM
    It would be dead if it doesn't work. So it dies if new Os releases and it conflicts with app and if developer isn't here anymore to fix it (which happens often in mobile world with indie devs). Therefore you choose what's more important to you - stay in old os for app you really need or forget damn app woohoo new os fiesta
    02-17-17 07:20 PM
30 12