Guys, i have a question.
    Considering the 25 Free Giveaway which seems purchased on my Blackberry account, my memory is too low for any other application or maybe even for updating my OS.
    What happens if i remove (uninstall and delete) a "purchased" application ? Can i install it for free again or do i have to buy it again ?
    Please advice...
    12-28-13 08:14 AM
    Uninstall it. DO not delete. Then it will appear on your list of available apps in the App Store.
    Go to BBW and hit the app in question. Choose the trash can. The pop up will ask if you want to simply uninstall (YES YOU DO) or delete permanently.
    12-28-13 08:17 AM
    But the problem is that uninstalling only will make no use for freeing the memory. Considering a downloaded game of 1 gb data, i will not be able to use that free space then. The question is that, if i remove it completely (uninstall+delete), do i have to buy it again ?
    12-28-13 08:20 AM
    But the problem is that uninstalling only will make no use for freeing the memory. Considering a downloaded game of 1 gb data, i will not be able to use that free space then. The question is that, if i remove it completely (uninstall+delete), do i have to buy it again ?
    If you hold the icon and tap the trash can the game will be uninstalled from the device an d it till free the space from the memory.

If you want tit back, go into My Apps > Available in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-28-13 at 11:57 AM.
    Earl Sargent likes this.
    12-28-13 08:23 AM
    I delete apps all the time. They are always under the available under my available apps tab in BBW.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:24 AM
    i guess i am not clear.
    i know how to uninstall or permanently delete.
    to my opinion, uninstalling will onlyl free the memory for installation, but the downloaded "set up" data will remain. My question is, i remove a "purchased" application totally from my phone (uninstalling and delete), can i install it again for FREE after re-downloading it ?
    12-28-13 08:29 AM
    I think the terms being used can be confusing. Obviously, folks want to DELETE the app and its footprint on their phone but want potential (free) access to download it later. Memory (disk) cleanup appears not to be a simple "delete app" and memory (storage space) is immediately recovered. But that is a separate issue. When you "delete" an app, you want to make sure to follow the prompts/warnings about Permanent versus just UNinstall so it will remain available in the future for free-downloading again.

I don't know about the housekeeping processes of the z10 (or q10, etc). I don't know if it cleans up after one minute, two, and hour or only on a reboot. Anyone know that info? In the 10.2.1.xxxx OS's, the new Device Monitor, folks reports, does a good job of cleaning up if an app is deleted from there.
    12-28-13 09:02 AM
    i guess i am not clear.
    to my opinion, uninstalling will onlyl free the memory for installation, but the downloaded "set up" data will remain. My question is, i remove a "purchased" application totally from my phone (uninstalling and delete), can i install it again for FREE after re-downloading it ?
    Yes. The app once purchased (got it for free with redeem code or gift or whatevert) is tied to your bb id, so you can download it again for free whenever you want.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:31 AM
    OP, do this. Delete the app using the trash can icon then reboot the phone.

Native apps, when uninstalled, auto delete all the stuff they used to have on the drive.

Then reboot just to be on the safe side. You actually already got your answered, you just don't wanna acknowledge it.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-28-13 09:44 AM
    i guess i am not clear.
    No

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-28-13 02:14 PM
    i guess i am not clear.
    Yes I've done this many times.
    12-28-13 02:19 PM
    No

You are wrong. I often totally delete apps instead of merely uninstalling them and you can always download them again for free because they are linked to your blackberry id
    12-28-13 02:20 PM
    I could be wrong here but I pretty sure that the deleting or uninstalling from app world will accomplish the same thing.

Either way, you will still have access to the app as long as you do not select "remove from my world" in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10 on Z30/10.2.1.1925
    12-28-13 02:21 PM
    i guess i am not clear.
    The way you ask it, the answer is no. You'll have to buy it again. If you just tap and hold the icon on the home screen and press the small trashcan in the top right of the icon, it will free the space but keeps it available for download in the future.

Z on Channels
    12-28-13 02:23 PM
    I could be wrong here but I pretty sure that the deleting or uninstalling from app world will accomplish the same thing.

Either way, you will still have access to the app as long as you do not select "remove from my world" in BlackBerry World.

This is best and easiest answer.

Z on Channels
    12-28-13 02:23 PM
    The way you ask it, the answer is no. You'll have to buy it again. If you just tap and hold the icon on the home screen and press the small trashcan in the top right of the icon, it will free the space but keeps it available for download in the future.

Z on Channels
    Wrong.

If he also goes into blackberry world and holds down on the app and selects delete, he can still download it as am already purchased item any time he wishes.

Yes the app will disappear from his 'available apps' under my world but he can download it after he searches for it.

Try it yourself.
    12-28-13 02:26 PM
    This is best and easiest answer.

Z on Channels
    Wrong. See my above post
    12-28-13 02:26 PM
    You are wrong. I often totally delete apps instead of merely uninstalling them and you can always download them again for free because they are linked to your blackberry id
    Show me screen shots where you permanently delete a paid app and can go to bbw and it shows download instead of the price tag.

12-28-13 02:29 PM
    12-28-13 02:34 PM
    Why would the behaviour be any different? What do you think happens when you change mobile if you're not using link?

Your purchases are linked to your Blackberry ID
    12-28-13 02:36 PM
    Why would the behaviour be any different? What do you think happens when you change mobile if you're not using link?

So you are saying that if you remove it from your world that you will be able to reinstall it with out paying?

12-28-13 02:40 PM

Because of the wording on the first screen shot.

12-28-13 02:41 PM

Looks like you are correct even after removing it from my world it is still free for download. Learn something new every day.

12-28-13 02:54 PM
    OMG This was a painful thread. WhoFrank has been right all along. You bought it you own it and the ownership is tied to your BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:57 PM
    Wrong.

If he also goes into blackberry world and holds down on the app and selects delete, he can still download it as am already purchased item any time he wishes.

Yes the app will disappear from his 'available apps' under my world but he can download it after he searches for it.

Try it yourself.
    He wants the app to be completely removed. If it ties in with BBID, there would be no problem. But, is this the case with every purchase?

Z on Channels
    12-28-13 03:55 PM
26 12