Waiting to use this when I get mine in the US, signed up to get the app "for free'??
    02-28-13 07:19 PM
    I was sure i read a tweet quote or something that said it was going to be released today.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-28-13 07:29 PM
    I guess VIKI sent the robots to kill of the devs.....We might need to call Will in......
    BerryWizard likes this.
    02-28-13 08:51 PM
    The Viki dev just told me on Facebook that "Viki is expected to launch by the last of this Month". You can read the same on Viki Facebook page.

Posted from my Z10.
    03-03-13 10:13 AM
    When someone posts marketing material in writing , they should make sure there are no spelling errors... It kinda put a negative aura on them (to me at least).

Its not something
    Its someone

English is such an easy language. How come such errors are not caught before the material is published?!?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 11:03 AM
    When someone posts marketing material in writing , they should make sure there are no spelling errors... It kinda put a negative aura on them (to me at least).

Its not something
    Its someone

English is such an easy language. How come such errors are not caught before the material is published?!?

Posted via CB10

Yeah, I noticed that too. Their website had a handful of grammatical errors on it. If I owned a company trying to make millions of dollars by providing a service that pretty much relied on the English language as the foundation of their product... I think my marketing literature would have at least used correct English and grammar to convey my message.

I'm not saying they're a bad company. And after I'm able to pick up the Z10, if the app is under $20, I'll probably give it a try. They must have just had a poor English speaking person do their wording on their marketing literature. Still.. these things do have to get approved by several people higher up.. But I do find it mildly amusing.

It'll be interesting to see if the actual app will have similar grammatical mistakes on it.
    nquyen likes this.
    03-03-13 12:08 PM
    Last I heard Will Smith injected some freaky nanites into her...
    +1
    03-03-13 12:37 PM

Its not something
    Its someone

Posted via CB10
    Peoples just to it to tweek you
    03-03-13 10:41 PM
    Aaaand now we're looking at the end of March before VIKI makes her way to BB10
    03-07-13 11:44 AM
    its looking more and more like a waste of time lol
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-07-13 12:00 PM
    Sooooooooo, it is almost the end of March? What did happen to V1ki? Shouldn't somebody file a missing persons report?
    sosof likes this.
    03-24-13 04:18 PM
    Well it's April now so I guess we won't be seeing this app any time soon then? Sayit it is then...

Posted via CB10
    Suhailone likes this.
    04-02-13 05:23 PM
    Saw more hype about this vaporware today in a write-in analyst note on Motley Fool... can't believe people still seem to be hyping this thing but there is no product or even a preview available anywhere.

This Will Aid BlackBerry

The website still has basically nothing but a few flash things proclaiming how great it is, and a webform on a contact page. That's it.

V1KI| personal assistant

Here's a blogspot page:

v1ki

And these are the people supposedly making it, apparently some kids in college, whose accomplishments include.... websites..

Agrima Infotech | Make IT Easy!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-30-13 10:31 AM
    and... it's gone.. wait, it was never here to begin with.
    04-30-13 04:45 PM
    Reply I got today. English obviously not his first language, but maybe this will still see the light of day..

"Viki wil release on this month itself.

Regards,
    Nikhil D
    CTO
    +91-9447316503
    +91-484-3016600, 3016660
    [email protected]"

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:11 PM
    "This Month" is officially over in ten minutes though

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 10:50 PM
    "This Month" is officially over in ten minutes though

It's already May in India.
    04-30-13 11:03 PM
    On the Facebook V1KI fan page it says it goes live this month. I assume that means May.
    05-01-13 03:38 PM
    The developers should just use nanites n save us all the hassle n wait!

Love My Z10, Posted via Excellent CB10
    05-01-13 03:56 PM
    ...Crickets....

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:38 AM
    ...Crickets....

Yep.

But bear in mind, since it was already May in India when their spokesperson said "This month", technically they have another couple of weeks to make good on that promise.
    05-15-13 08:13 AM
    I'm shocked we haven't seen anything yet...

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:41 PM
    I'm shocked we haven't seen anything yet...

When I look at a webpage for a "coming soon" product and it looks the way theirs did - with almost nothing tangible about the product, no real physical address, no actual telephone number, no names of principals, no company history to speak of, etc... I've seen too many websites like that to not be highly suspicious of the "realness" of such a company/product.

So yeah, color me "not shocked"...
    06-17-13 05:20 AM
    On their Facebook page they say that the first beta has been released for those who left an email. I'm sure I did, but no email arrived, anybody got it and would care to share the BAR file? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:58 PM
    WOOO!!! The highly anticpated V1ki is finally here!

... said no one ever...
    06-18-13 08:35 AM
64 123