Hello!

I want to buy a Q10/Q5 and facebook chat is indispensable for me. We're on July and still there's no a Facebook chat like Android or iOS, and the Facebook app sucks.

There's any news about it? or if Facebook will develop a decent app with chat?

Thanks

PD: Sorry for my english.
    07-02-13 08:10 AM
    Hello!

I want to buy a Q10/Q5 and facebook chat is indispensable for me. We're on July and still there's no a Facebook chat like Android or iOS, and the Facebook app sucks.

Thanks

That all depends on BB since they make the FB app , and agreed FB app is not that good , lots of things are missing
    zulykat likes this.
    07-02-13 08:15 AM
    Just use the browser and the mobile site. Chat works..

Posted via CB10
    zulykat likes this.
    07-02-13 08:17 AM
    I know this is not a good solution, but the best at the moment. Sideload the android version.

Hello!

Thanks

zulykat likes this.
    07-02-13 08:24 AM
    I just use fb messaging using the one in the hub. Isnt that the same as fb chat?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-02-13 09:24 AM
    All FB direct messages(chat) show up in the hub. The thing is, people complain they can not initiate new conversations. And they can not see the online status of contacts.

(read: most are too lazy to figure out how the Hub works)
    Hub->FB->New message. Contacts are all sync'd so it's pretty easy actually.
    zulykat likes this.
    07-02-13 09:29 AM
    I just use fb messaging using the one in the hub. Isnt that the same as fb chat?

Posted via CB10
    Not quite the same but it gets the job done for me. I love the fact that I can chat within the hub and pick up older conversations without having to start the app.

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-02-13 11:39 AM
    All FB direct messages(chat) show up in the hub. The thing is, people complain they can not initiate new conversations. And they can not see the online status of contacts.

(read: most are too lazy to figure out how the Hub works)
    Hub->FB->New message. Contacts are all sync'd so it's pretty easy actually.
    I guess the best solution for them is sideloading fb messenger app.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:14 PM
    Just use the browser and the mobile site. Chat works..

Posted via CB10
    It's a way, but I wont buy a 500€ phone to use Facebook from the web...

I think about to sideload the android version... but it's the same, I don't want to buy an expensive phone to use one of the indisepensable app by sideloading the android version.

The same with Instagram, there's no native app yet and the android version don't fix well on the Q10/Q5 screen.

I love the new BB phone and the OS, but may it's no the moment to buy one yet.
    07-02-13 03:57 PM
    For the chat and to see who is on I used the browser. Went to the chat page and made a shortcut.

I put the FB app and the FB web chat shortcut into a folder named Facebook.

Works for me...

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-02-13 03:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    No...it is not.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-02-13 03:59 PM
    What happen with the Facebook chat?-img_00001592.png

You mean this?? Just sideload it bar file at goodereader.com

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 05:38 PM
    Probably don't need to repeat myself but: Hub -> FB-tab.
    You can start a new message to someone (no history visible), or you can search for a contact's chat history (fully sync'd with server) and continue chatting from there.
    The only thing the Hub does not do is show current online status.

Again, no offense, but learning to use the Hub (or web-page if you prefer) seems like a much easier option than side-loading an app that will probably not even work with notifications...
    zulykat likes this.
    07-02-13 11:07 PM
    I could careless about the messenger because of the hub. My friend loves to stalk people with the green online light. I got him to switch from Android and I was tired of hearing how bad BlackBerry facebook is so I sideloaded messenger to test it before I put it on his Z. Some people seem to live for it and facebook, both are usless waste of time IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:19 AM
    Too bad that the Facebook app update I installed still doesn't have the chat function. I was really hoping for that. I know it's perfect doing it from the Hub and I use it, but you can't see who is online in the Hub so I still go to the website for that..

Posted via CB10
    zulykat likes this.
    07-03-13 05:30 AM
    One question... there's push notifications in the hub when someone talk to you on Facebook?

The "who's online" is important buy not indispensable (for me) by now.
    07-03-13 05:33 PM
    One question... there's push notifications in the hub when someone talk to you on Facebook?

The "who's online" is important buy not indispensable (for me) by now.
    Yes there is push notifications when u receive a chat or message in the Hub.

I personally think it doesn't matter if the person is online or not, since nowadays most people have some sort of smartphone that will push the Facebook message to their phone. So the chat function is built into the Hub, every message will get to the recipient.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 05:53 PM
    i have had a z10 since april - still not impressed -
    however, now I rec'd a notification for an upgrade to FB chat...about two weeks ago, since then i have been only able to send about 20% of my messages...WTF - please send another upgrade to fix this one....
    08-26-13 09:37 PM
    i have had a z10 since april - still not impressed -
    however, now I rec'd a notification for an upgrade to FB chat...about two weeks ago, since then i have been only able to send about 20% of my messages...WTF - please send another upgrade to fix this one....
    This is not very common problem but it happens. You can load older FB app using Sachesi. Worked for me. We have to wait for new update..
    08-27-13 06:06 AM