Hey guys, I am making a compiled list of features that you guys would like to see in BB maps. As far as the base goes it's exactly like a GPS type navigator but is lacking a lot of features:

Request your features here!!

- offline support (let us download offline maps for certain regions like Here Maps does it)

- Better POI support (expand the yelp integration a bit more)

- hands free dictation while being navigated, so I don't have to crawl on the dash to hold the button to make a command. Garmin does a good job of this
    Example: "Hey BlackBerry, Find me the closest gas station" then the app taps into Yelp and find me the closest gas station.

- read emails/bbms/texts out loud and reply with voice with being navigated (SafeDrive)

- transit and walking directions

- intersection support

- support more countries!!

- 3D perspective (3D buildings is becoming normal in now aday GPS')

- enter in GPS coordinates like Google Maps

- add contact address from Maps. It can be added directly in contacts but there is a great chance that maps won't find it
    More info here (with pictures): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10902803

I would like blackberry traffic from bbos to be more integrated with BlackBerry maps.
    Since they are mising a lot of different features that blackberry traffic had.

- different route options "based on real time traffic"Examples: colour coded route graph, fastest route,

- I think it had better live traffic estimates- text someone your eta- showed speed and average speed

- special clickable icons (accident alert, construction, or other slowdowns)

-level of assistance (choice low/medium/high for complexity of voice instructions)

- a number of dedicated screens including : traffic conditions with live ETA/demaining distance display, turn by turn navigation list allowing preview of each turn in route until final destination, travel statistics display with current speed/distance/elapsed/stopped/time/ average speed/max speed, speed limit, single task next turn display (like in bb10 maps)
    Last edited by khehl; 10-13-14 at 12:41 AM.
    dudoo and Korepab like this.
    09-21-14 09:41 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ke-see-952481/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...member-952306/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndroid-959968/
    09-21-14 09:41 PM
    The very first "feature" I would like to see, is support for more countries!

Next would be support for the use of alternative map-data provider, perhaps OSM which for many - is much more accurate and updated than any of the other commercial versions.

I want users in US/CA/UK/TheWorld to be able to sit down home and look at the maps for where they plan their holiday, ex. Jamaica, or Tobago, - and then look at the roads and POI's etc...

Offline map areas would also be beneficial for travel purposes. It can take quite some time before getting access to local dataSIM cards in countries away from home, - and roaming data, - sorry - I'm not doing that...

For these areas, traffic has to be crowd-provided, so a regular map would not be functional in that aspect, -

but street maps with POI and directions - already exist on the "alternative" platforms.... The time for BlackBerry has come to dig into the world of Maps.
    teostar likes this.
    09-21-14 10:54 PM
    My request is as simple as they come.... I just would like to have my country supported.
    #jamaica used to be blackberry country, now simple things like these are helping to make long time diehearted bb"ites" turn to the dark side....

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 10:55 PM
    OP - I support your list. Especially the old BB Traffic features. They were so good - plug in a route and view various travel timed based on future time of departure. I used this so often when planning my sales trips for the next day.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    Reed Richards likes this.
    09-22-14 01:29 AM
    OP - I support your list. Especially the old BB Traffic features. They were so good - plug in a route and view various travel timed based on future time of departure. I used this so often when planning my sales trips for the next day.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    thanks, i miss almost everything about traffic. I haven't used it since last January and still remember every feature of ti it was that good.
    09-23-14 09:05 AM
    Turn by turn Voice navigation, fast loading of maps and locations,

From Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-23-14 09:12 AM
    Turn by turn Voice navigation, fast loading of maps and locations,

From Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    this and only this is what BB10 maps is good at.

Normal GPS' have the exact navigation but for some reason phone Nav Apps give a crappy birdseye view which annoys the hell out of me.
    09-23-14 09:19 AM
    Bring the 'no sounds' back from traffic instead of having to press the mute button on the map. Also eta on the list screen.

Official 10.2.1.2977
    09-28-14 08:02 AM
    For me maps is the App that I would most like to see updated. I'm not a fan of the changes they made to it in 10.3 which were mostly superficial GUI changes & didn?t add new features. What I would like added have already been mentioned so I will just mention the biggest one for me. Transit support....also the ability to pick different routes. I also would like to be able to add waypoints so I have more control over the route

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:32 AM
    For me maps is the App that I would most like to see updated. I'm not a fan of the changes they made to it in 10.3 which were mostly superficial GUI changes & didn?t add new features. What I would like added have already been mentioned so I will just mention the biggest one for me. Transit support....also the ability to pick different routes. I also would like to be able to add waypoints so I have more control over the route

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately none of the apps actually got updated in bb10 except for UI changes, some being worse (calendar growing number got replaced, for example)

This annoys me extremely about 10.3 all it is, is a UI change and they are calling it a huge update.

I do completely agree with you on the features

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:25 AM
    Offline maps

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:34 AM
    I would like to be able to delete individual saved locations!
    10-09-14 09:00 AM
    Definitely integrate BB Traffic from the BBOS days. I miss that app!
    10-09-14 11:49 AM
    The ability to plan a route without having your location services turned on

As it is right now, you can even get directions between two points if your location is turned off

Blackberry traffic is way better *navigation* system than blackberry maps. All it was missing was a map and a 1st person view.

The new BlackBerry 10 map should've just been (improved) Blackberry traffic w/ maps, not maps w/ traffic
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-09-14 12:14 PM
    I'd like it to go into that tilted direction of travel first person view WITHOUT having to plug in a destination first.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 04:55 PM
    I'd like it to go into that tilted direction of travel first person view WITHOUT having to plug in a destination first.

Posted via CB10
    Can you expand or give me an example?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:03 PM
    I would like to maps stop telling me that "its currently not available in my country" blackberry maps should be more like Google maps "available for all"
    10-09-14 07:10 PM
    Can you expand or give me an example?

Posted via CB10
    He means like augmented reality/ like a compass with the navigation view (map would spin based on heading)

So you could view and use the "navigation" screen without having to be "start trip"
    10-09-14 07:28 PM
    He means like augmented reality/ like a compass with the navigation view (map would spin based on heading)

So you could view and use the "navigation" screen without having to be "start trip"
    ohh ok that's interesting. The other day I saw an app that you can put in a destination address and you can go what ever way you want as long as you follow the compass. It's pretty cool for walking. Too bad I can't find the name of the app now.
    10-09-14 10:10 PM
    Offline maps

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:24 PM
    Maps!!!

We gave no maps for lebanon. Ide live to see BlackBerry maps fix coverage like all other maps, then and maybe then go focus on features.

How useless are maps if they provide less coverage than the average map provider.

And if they fail to or no capable of procuring maps, then allow us to use our own offline maps on BlackBerry maps.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:34 PM
    I don't think anyone mentioned this yet.

Speed limits

Today was using BBMAPS & realized I didn't know what the speed limit was at my current location due to bad signage. I looked at my GPS but it was no help.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:17 PM
    I don't think anyone mentioned this yet.

Speed limits

Today was using BBMAPS & realized I didn't know what the speed limit was at my current location due to bad signage. I looked at my GPS but it was no help.

Posted via CB10
    Another BB traffic feature missed. Added to the OP, thanks
    10-13-14 12:40 AM
    I wish I could provide more input regarding the maps app, besides from the fact that my country is not supported (Colombia), and that issue in itself prevents me from testing the app in order to provide further feedback as I happily do for several other legacy applications.

I understand that mapping the whole planet at a street by street level of detail can be an expensive and long process. However, there are companies that sell this data and given the importance of a dependable maps app for BB10 O.S, it could be considered, specially for the list of countries that blackberry has stated in several occasions as their key markets. About half of those key markets still lack bb map data. This issue poses a question about the company's commitment to live up to its assertion of focusing on said countries to provide full and comprehensive support.
    10-13-14 05:13 AM
36 12