Have been a long time fan of Book Reader for EPUB, but the apps has not been working lately - on either my PlayBook or my Z10. And based on reviews in BBWorld, the 304 Error is pretty common. .

Is there a EPUB Reader that will just open a file without having to go thru the whole loading process?
    01-16-14 12:01 PM
    I use the Kindle and Nook apps.
    I have books in both libraries.
    01-16-14 12:05 PM
    I use Overdrive Media Console. It's easy to load ePubs that I download and it's available on multiple platforms (Z10, Playbook, PC, etc..). Unfortunately, it doesn't sync your progress between platforms like I'm sure Kindle probably does. I'd consider Kindle if I could load my own epub files to it easily.
    01-16-14 01:43 PM
    Playepub reader on Q10's and PlayBooks' for me. Personally haven't any issues and it's updated by the dev' like 3 times a month.

Love the feature that you can email yourself and epub and it shows up in the book reader.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 01:45 PM
    I use Overdrive Media Console. It's easy to load ePubs that I download and it's available on multiple platforms (Z10, Playbook, PC, etc..). Unfortunately, it doesn't sync your progress between platforms like I'm sure Kindle probably does. I'd consider Kindle if I could load my own epub files to it easily.

Could you please tell me how you get the ePubs that you've downloaded onto your playbook? I used to do this but it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. I think they've made it more difficult to do, and I haven't yet figured it out.
    Thanks!
    01-31-14 09:53 AM

Could you please tell me how you get the ePubs that you've downloaded onto your playbook? I used to do this but it doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. I think they've made it more difficult to do, and I haven't yet figured it out.
    Thanks!
    I use Calibre - it will convert the books and recognizes my PlayBook as a optional drive to copy the books to. Others I just download the files direct from the web...

The problem is in opening and using those files. EPUB Reader has been has been very buggy as of late and the old Kindle App that will work require files be converted, and from time to time crashes.

As most the people I know and myself tend to use a tablet as a book reader, it just seems like after all this time there would have been a better solution for PlayBook users.

I am trying an Android app Aldiko on my Z10 and it works very well. It open epub files natively (only have to click on the file and it opens). But it won't work on the older runtime of the PlayBook.
    02-04-14 01:10 PM
    Also a fan of 'playepub Book reader' I had it on my pb and when I got a q10 it was available in BlackBerry World to download. Happy days.

The developer is very active and constantly updating it with small refinements.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 04:15 PM