Hi there,

I'm a software developer by profession and I'm thinking about starting programming for the Z10 (primarily, may also be for Q10). Now I'm wondering what kind of apps you are looking for? What do you feel is missing?

Please note that I'm not going to port existing applications or "develop the next Crysis 5" - I'm just one guy and it will be a sparetime project, next to my other projects and builds...
    06-09-13 01:08 PM
    SoundCloud
    Path
    uTorrent

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:15 PM
    SoundCloud
    Path
    uTorrent
    Posted via CB10
    Hehe, thanks for your input!
    But I stated that I'm not planning on porting existing applications (I do believe SoundCloud and uTorrent has Android clients that can run on BB10?)...
    06-09-13 01:19 PM
    I would love to see a great native parcel app for tracking packages from all the major carriers.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:58 PM
    A podtrapper type app is severely needed.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 04:28 PM
    All you BlackBerry addicts out there who are sick and tired of begging The Big name apps to make their apps native, I think the only way to prove we are big enough and already a large user base is to use the same method to reach out to them.
    I'm suggesting to just use the common hashtag #BringBB10onBoard and flood their twitter accounts with the following: 'We are big enough for your app #BringBB10onBoard'
    I have some of the twitter accounts listed that obviously everyone wants but feel free to suggest yours and I'll added to the list. Post the above message.

Please post once only so they can see that it is different users and not one spamming their account.
    Hope this thread gets enough attention and works!

@netflix
    @instagram
    @Viber (according to them the app is under development)
    @pandora_radio
    @Yelp
    @AskCiti (citibank app)
    @NBA
    @NHL
    @Pinterest
    @LivingSocial
    @Fandango
    @Truecaller
    @Evernote

I'm sure if Kevin, Blaze, Adam, Kris, or Lfbe posted this the response would be huge so I hope they catch this thread and support it to gain momentum

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 from T-Mobile
    allenbeybs and mctapt like this.
    06-09-13 09:49 PM
    A podtrapper type app is severely needed.

Posted via CB10
    Podcasts | CrackBerry.com <- Native podtrapper.
    06-10-13 02:09 AM
    I would love to see a great native parcel app for tracking packages from all the major carriers.
    Posted via CB10
    This should be feasible - most post carriers have webservices that one could tap into. I might try this to start with. I'll let you know if that's the case.
    06-10-13 02:10 AM
    This should be feasible - most post carriers have webservices that one could tap into. I might try this to start with. I'll let you know if that's the case.
    That would be awesome! I would put Blogger on my list as well.
    https://developers.google.com/blogger/

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:21 AM
    Just to add to developer ideas...I think there is a need for a good, native Instapaper app. Pocket has a decent 3rd party presence, but just a send to Instapaper app available.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:59 AM
    Flash sms, please

I don't drink anymore........ or any less, double scotch please
    06-12-13 06:01 AM
    I would like to see the following native apps..

eBay
    PayPal
    Tapatalk
    Pandora
    Endomondo

I don't like the ports..

Posted via CB10
    allen832008 likes this.
    06-12-13 06:29 AM
    I would like to see the following native apps..

eBay
    PayPal
    Tapatalk
    Pandora
    Endomondo

I don't like the ports..

Posted via CB10
    I second the need for Tapatalk. Have you tried Apollo for Pandora?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:33 AM
    Seriously, make a tether app. You want to make lots of money? Do something like tether berry.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0)
    06-12-13 08:32 AM
    I'd really like to see an app that can "print" a webpage to pdf. Sort of like what PDFCreator or Acrobat Pro does on your PC.

There are enough apps out there that convert a picture taken with the camera to PDF, but I don't see the point of that at all. On the other hand, when you purchase something online, you may want to "print" the confirmation page. Converting the page to PDF is much better than taking screenshots.
    06-12-13 11:16 AM
    Pandora
    Yelp
    Pattern Lock for Q10
    Bank of America
    Viber
    06-12-13 12:37 PM
    Personally? A really good, multi-account twitter app that actually works as described? Every other stock app from twitter, even the one for legacy blackberries had the ability to have multiple accounts, the ones for android and apple can have as many accounts as you have, but T4BB could only have five. Now I'm pared down to one and then on top of that, there's no other twitter application that gives me notifications and has hub integration, or half of the features of the android/iphone versions.

Personally, if it had all of the features, I would even be willing to pay the going rate for Blaq(2.99), or even Tweetcaster(4.99 I believe it was on android) for Notifications, multi accounts the notifications work for all of them, auto refresh, twitlonger support, editing profile/picture/header, follow/unfollow...mostly basic twitter functionality.
    06-12-13 02:37 PM
    Here is an easy app that you can perfect.

A freaking stopwatch/lap timer for coaches. Our eyes are on the athlete not the phone. Make the start/stop Lap/reset buttons large and separated as much as possible so we can time without looking at the phone. Then allow us to store and label the lap times.

I am so frustrated I was thinking of learning to program. There are 20 stopwatch timers but not a single one is worth their FREE price.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:01 PM
    Funny how people list apps from major companies...

The best apps to make are th ones you discover out of a personal need. Something you understand a good deal about.

Business apps are lacking on Z10/Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 12:55 AM
    A good call blocker!!

Posted via CB10
    Boight likes this.
    06-13-13 01:54 AM
    I love Blaq for twitter but it lacks one great action i used a lot on Tweetcaster for iphone:
    You can switch camera from photographs to video and upload small videos!
    Neither Twitter officiel or Blaq allow me to do that and i would really love to have that function on BlackBerry !
    So please Tweetcaster developpers (or Blaq dev) do implement that switch to video!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:11 PM
    All I want is an emojis app then my phone is complete I wanna send my girl some kissy emojii

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 01:27 AM
    A coaching app
    09-11-13 02:30 PM
    Functional Flashcards app like "Flashcards Deluxe" for iOS.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:02 AM
    Somehow, maybe a vehicle maintenance/repair application, one that keeps tabs on maintenance due, sends out notifications to the Hub, allows for calling your mechanic/tech directly from within the application, tied to your calendar to mark an appointment made with reminder, etc. This would probably be good for those in the Ag world too, to keep tabs on their equipment maintenace, etc.
    09-18-13 01:12 PM
39 12