I don't mean to be stupid, but I thought bb10 was making sure having at least the top 50 apps... They missed 3 of the top 10... Who will take this serious without netflix and hulu plus? Tango? I know they got Skype... But what else?? They pick a lots of garbage apps Imo
    01-30-13 12:00 PM
    They are at their respective .com web addresses.
    RECOOL likes this.
    01-30-13 12:03 PM
    They are at their respective .com web addresses.
    Haha....... Good work. The funniest post i've come across ever since i joined crackberry. You really got me laughing dude....
    nwomatt likes this.
    01-30-13 12:34 PM
    I don't mean to be stupid, but I thought bb10 was making sure having at least the top 50 apps... They missed 3 of the top 10... Who will take this serious without netflix and hulu plus? Tango? I know they got Skype... But what else?? They pick a lots of garbage apps Imo
    Netflix, don't care. Hulu, same. Friend of a friend just got a bill for $7000 for his phone. His kid was watching movies, in the car, while they were going on holiday. Surprise!

Tango, many of us have been pounding get them for an app but, if they choose to ignore...............
    01-30-13 01:28 PM
    Yeah, I don't understand how this can be so hard for us to get Netflix on a BB device. My iPod Touch has it and my wife's Nexus 7 has it. I'd love to have it on my Playbook at least.
    01-30-13 02:42 PM
    When will you people stop blaming RIM/BB?! It's been said time and time again, just like with the US carrier delays, it's not RIM/BB, it's the vendor and carrier that is holding up these things.

It has been known for months now, that Netflix and hulu have purposely blocked access to their content from our bb browser.

If you're going to **** and moan about not having apps and content, at least have the decency to know who to point the finger at!
    01-30-13 03:40 PM
    If I were Thor, I would have canceled everything once I knew Netflix wasn't on board. And then when Hulu balked, I would have committed suicide.

With the unified BB10 platform, I expect all the outliers to fall in very soon. And you can bet that BB is still working hard to partner up.
    billsterjito likes this.
    01-30-13 03:52 PM
    Hahahaha nice
    01-30-13 03:58 PM
    Two of the most usefull apps for people with no lives. Streaming shows onto a smart phone while lounging in your underwear. Keep living the highlife.
    01-30-13 07:03 PM
    Personally I don't find viewing movies and TV shows on a 4.2 or 3.2 inch screen too enjoyable. I use Amazon to watch movies on my PlayBook and it is a perfect alternative with a huge selection. I just do not understand the Netflix and Hulu obsession.
    ingeniumed likes this.
    01-30-13 08:04 PM
    Netflix - runs fine on my BB10 but I have the money to make it do so.

Hulu - same as above.

Tango - no thank you, I don't like to dance.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    TommyBB likes this.
    01-30-13 08:09 PM
    Friend of a friend just got a bill for $7000 for his phone. His kid was watching movies, in the car, while they were going on holiday. Surprise!
    C'mon...

Personally I don't find viewing movies and TV shows on a 4.2 or 3.2 inch screen too enjoyable. I use Amazon to watch movies on my PlayBook and it is a perfect alternative with a huge selection. I just do not understand the Netflix and Hulu obsession.
    One: there are way more devices that have large screens that have access to those services. Two: plenty of people seem to enjoy watching content on "small" screens.
    01-30-13 08:12 PM
    C'mon...

One: there are way more devices that have large screens that have access to those services. Two: plenty of people seem to enjoy watching content on "small" screens.
    I was giving my opinion and thoughts since this is a forum to do so...not stating any particular fact.
    dietertong and swedgalex like this.
    01-30-13 08:17 PM
    I'd love Netflix, but really because it would be great for my 3 year old when she is cranky and we are grocery shopping or at the DMV. or even in the car during long trips. But it isn't something I am dying for.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 08:22 PM
    I was giving my opinion and thoughts since this is a forum to do so...not stating any particular fact.
    I'm actually not far off from your point of view. I almost never watch Netflix on my phone (kids love it though). But enough people make it a point of contention, and I think it is silly for the CHEAP Nook Color to have Netflix and hardware as good as the PB doesn't. RIM/BB should just pay em and get it over with.
    01-30-13 08:26 PM
    you do know you have HDMI out on the device so netflix and hulu doesnt have to be on a small 4.2 inch screen, it can easily be on the big screen
    01-30-13 08:32 PM
    Netflix - runs fine on my BB10 but I have the money to make it do so.

Hulu - same as above.

Tango - no thank you, I don't like to dance.

I forgot that everyone is broke and your the last person on earth with cash. hahahahaha
    01-30-13 08:34 PM
    First being from Canada....I cannot get Hulu anyways... Neftlix Canada is a joke and I have no idea what Tango is.... What is funny to me is how supposedly intelegent people can write off a new device that does many other things for them because it does not have what they want.... As Hulu and Netflix are avalable on multiple devices why is it so important that you would write off a new device....sounds rather childish to me....
    01-30-13 08:47 PM
    I feel like Netflix and Hulu are novelty apps that the IOS/Android crowd like to wave in your face just because they can but don't use all that often. I certainly wouldn't be using it over my mobile data and whenever I am on WI-FI, I am usually at home or work (where I will watch on a PC). I would rather have an app where I can browse the Netflix catalogue and tag films for future viewing (forgive my ignorance if an app like this exists already).
    01-30-13 09:09 PM
    Lol, No - I'm serious. I have a PlayOn account and I use my Media Connect app.

So I have Netflix and Hulu through PlayOn on my device - along with a bunch of other channels. PlayOn is the middleware.

But its too expensive for most folks so they complain about not having them. And I happen to have several 24/7 servers up. So I really do have unlimited access without issues on my Dev Alpha + PB to netflix anywhere I have cell range.

01-30-13 09:51 PM
    you do know you have HDMI out on the device so netflix and hulu doesnt have to be on a small 4.2 inch screen, it can easily be on the big screen
    But most TVs and Blu-Rays have the Netflix and Hulu Plus app, so most people complaining do indeed want to watch on a 4.2 inch screen. You could make a point about when someone is stuck at a hotel, but that is either for business (no time to watch movies), or pleasure (I know I don't travel to go watch a movie).

The need is minimal.
    01-30-13 09:54 PM
    I wouldn't dream of using Netflix or Hulu on my mobile data, maybe if I had an unlimited dataplan, but not on ANY of the plans offered here by any Canadian Provider.. (Okay maybe WIND if I was in the WIND Home Area since they have unlimited, but I won't use Wind as their coverage is too limited and roaming fees would then kill me) So since I only use NetFlix, Hulu and Amazon Prime at home, I got a great app that runs on my computer (Which is on 24 hours a day anyways) called PlayOn. I can watch my Netflix, or Hulu or any of my computers local media via my Playbook or on my BB10 Dev Alpha (LE coming soon!) I seriously don't understand all the complaining when a simple (And quite affordable) solution already exists. Or is it just so you can play the 'I can p*ss bigger game with your iOS and Android buddies?'
    01-30-13 10:10 PM
    Lol, No - I'm serious. I have a PlayOn account and I use my Media Connect app.

So I have Netflix and Hulu through PlayOn on my device - along with a bunch of other channels. PlayOn is the middleware.

But its too expensive for most folks so they complain about not having them. And I happen to have several 24/7 servers up. So I really do have unlimited access without issues on my Dev Alpha + PB to netflix anywhere I have cell range.

You have those servers hosted at a datacenter? Was thinking of actually putting PlayOn on one of my Windows boxes, then I could truly use it mobile and stick out my tongue at those, 'But does it have Netflix' idiots.
    01-30-13 10:14 PM
    I think some of y'all are missing the point. People apparently want these apps. Just because some people don't need them or use them, doesn't mean they shouldn't be accessible. I rarely watch Netflix or whatnot on my phone but when I'm taking road trips with the volleyball or soccer team, I like to have access to Netflix on the small screen.
    DirtySantos likes this.
    01-30-13 10:17 PM
    While those three aren't at the top of my wish list, there are several apps that I use on my 9900 and my Lumia 920 that I would like to see, like a Microsoft Lync client (the BB7 client was the fastest and best on the market) and no sign (yet) of the Kindle app. Coming soon I guess.
    None of the airline specific apps seem to be there. Games a bit lacking. I don't recall how many apps they said were available, but I don't see all that many.

On a lighter note, it allowed me to load a PB app to the Z10. It looked terrible but it didn't crash either. Haven't had to pop the battery yet either :-)
    01-30-13 10:19 PM
36 12