I noticed an updated Wells Fargo mobile site with a reference "Get the App BlackBerry" (see pictures)

Wells Fargo App-img_00000294.png

Wells Fargo App-img_00000295.png

Has anyone notice this before?
    12-15-13 06:56 PM
    I noticed an updated Wells Fargo mobile site with a reference "Get the App BlackBerry" (see pictures)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000294.png 
Views:	1101 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	230278

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000295.png 
Views:	1102 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	230279

Has anyone notice this before?
    I think this app is intended for Legacy Devices
    12-15-13 07:11 PM
    Maybe, but the screen capture in BlackBerry World looks very Z10 / Z30, and not legacy devices.
    12-15-13 07:18 PM
    VERY interesting, as I agree that the "get mobile app" button looks more like a BB10 thing than the one they used for BBOS (usually had the BlackBerry World icon on it). Further, this seems to be a new addition to the website as I haven't noticed it before, and further the description sounds like that of an app for BB10 devices than how apps were described on BBOS. Lastly, the app pics are all for a device that would be touchscreen only, leading me to believe that it's showing the Z10/30 version. Though, I guess it could be possible it's showing a legacy device if the app link recognized that the user is currently using a BlackBerry device of "touchscreen" dimensions and simply displayed the pics for a Torch (9900/9910/9850). But these phones were typically less popular than the Bold/Curve lines so I wouldn't think it'd show them by default.

I'm thinking perhaps Wells Fargo submitted their app recently to BlackBerry World and it's sitting in the approval queue? That would explain why the new download link popped up on their website.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:32 PM
    Oh, also wanted to mention: the second pic looks like their updated mobile app than an older version, so unless they're still developing Java-based apps for BlackBerry, I think that's another clue that this might be a BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:34 PM
    I just got off the phone with Wells Fargo and they could not verify a BB 10 app for Wells Fargo Small Business Customers. It's amazing the fear that comes now when we need a very basic everyday business app and knowing we're going to run into crap. I've no idea any status as I am a Wells Fargo Small Business Customer and overall, this is totally unacceptable to say the least. More mediocrity, unless someone can point me in the right direction, if one exists, and where we can grab it.
    12-15-13 08:31 PM
    Unfortunately, no news on that front, sadly. There have been recently released banking apps for Canadian banks, but nothing so far for the major banks in the US.

Since Bank of America (I have both WF and BoA) no longer supports their mobile site, I've used 10.2.1.1055 to install the Android app for them to use on my device, and I gotta say it works just fine. So long as you get the apk file from a trusted site, the app itself is no less secure running on BB10 than it is running on a native Android device. I haven't tried the WF Android app yet, though.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:51 PM
    Hi, all -

I got my BB 10 device just nearly a month ago. I've started taking the time to send an email to all reasonably popular businesses who are not yet offering a BB10 app. If other folks are doing the same, perhaps we could grow some strength in numbers. For what it's worth, I used Android in the VERY beginning, and no one had apps for that either. It took a while but once one company got it, their competitors seemed to jump on board. And so on.

Anyway, here is my basic message (in this case I used the name Wells Fargo since we're in a thread for that).

Dear Wells Fargo,

Please develop an app for Blackberry 10.

Wells Fargo offers many convenient technology services for its customers, and Blackberry 10 is a wonderful mobile OS that needs the app support that you and the other large companies give to the Android and iPhone devices. You could be a great influence and leader by taking the lead on this opportunity.

It's easy to say you don't have plans to develop for a certain platform, but the cost cannot be so prohibitive that you can't afford to assist those of us who use the BB platform.

Thank you for your consideration.
    00stryder and makaiman like this.
    12-19-13 06:43 PM
    Has anyone tried the Wells Fargo app using 10.2.1.1925? If so, does the deposit feature work?
    01-17-14 11:04 AM
    I'm working on it diligently, trust me. Great question. JUST the very basics productivity people need for everyday use we can't get "with confidence" as it were, where there's the crossover worry between former apps that are out there for legacy devices versus keeping up with the rapid development and changes that coincide with BB10. I'll keep you posted... I use 1925 and it's a CLEAN leak, no problems...
    01-25-14 01:46 PM
    I've been using the android version for a while and it works pretty darn good on my Z10. The deposit feature does open the camera, but I have not used yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 02:04 PM
    I made my first mobile deposit with the 1925 update.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:59 PM
    Wells Fargo just release a web launcher in BlackBerry World.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/51904887/
    04-01-14 05:46 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Wells Fargo App-builtforblackberry_badge_onwht.png  
    04-01-14 09:38 AM
    I've been using the android version for a while and it works pretty darn good on my Z10. The deposit feature does open the camera, but I have not used yet.

Posted via CB10
    I tried the Android version and the deposit feature is not working for me. The camera opens, but can't focus. I used my daughters' Iphone to do it..ughhh.
    Last edited by aming63; 04-16-14 at 11:16 AM.
    04-16-14 11:04 AM
    I sometimes have to trick the camera to refocus (z10). I take a picture with the phone really close and then select retake photo. Sometimes that causes it to refocus clearer. But it works. Once you get the hang of it you'll be able to capture check images quickly.

Posted via CB10
    aming63 likes this.
    04-21-14 09:35 PM
    Yeah. The camera can focus right, you just got to change what is near it. Try putting it in the middle of a table instead of at the end, or vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 10:35 PM