05-22-14 06:37 PM
65 123
tools
    Will the javascript section be added? I have a project to deliver for February, 11th. And I am so in need of such a tool :-P Thx anyway!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:00 PM
    Will the javascript section be added? I have a project to deliver for February, 11th. And I am so in need of such a tool :-P Thx anyway!

Posted via CB10
    Ahh I'm tryin, I'm tryin!

I'm going to work like crazy this weekend and try and get it out. I can't promise anything, but I'll try!

Thanks for the support and best of luck!

- Developer of 'Web Design Cheat Sheet' for BB10 (Posted via CB10)
    smart548 likes this.
    01-30-14 01:18 PM
    Ahh I'm tryin, I'm tryin!

I'm going to work like crazy this weekend and try and get it out. I can't promise anything, but I'll try!

Thanks for the support and best of luck!

Just do that if you were planning to of course
    Thanks anyway for your app and support!

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    01-30-14 01:54 PM
    I'm normally just a reader of Cb, and have enjoyed this post, learnt a lot.

I had the free version of your app, flip4byte, and enjoyed it as a cheat sheet, have now upgraded to the css3 and the extras are awesome, and I will be amongst the first to upgrade to the javascript update (i love js).

Fully understand the coffee / app analogy, i'm trying to wean my kids off pirate mp3s/movies, and it's a similar feeling.

Don't give up. I work in project management / administration, but have been programming since I was a kid (oh my zx81!); I use my programming/html/js/css everyday to make things easier for other people at work, a lot are just grateful, but I'm finding more and more want to learn about web Dev too - especially with the rise of Sharepoint and similar systems being used on company intranets, and I think this will only increase in the coming years. I think your patience (attention to detail, skilfully crafted app and passion) will ultimately be rewarded.

As more business change to the bes10 services more people will become exposed to your app. Especially when business on the old services upgrade and realise how awesome bb10 is.

Sorry for rambling (that's why I normally just lurk!), peace and good luck.

P.s. A button to quickly email contents of current code in editor/ selected reference article, to email address would be great, lol!

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    01-30-14 07:29 PM
    I'm normally just a reader of Cb, and have enjoyed this post, learnt a lot.

I had the free version of your app, flip4byte, and enjoyed it as a cheat sheet, have now upgraded to the css3 and the extras are awesome, and I will be amongst the first to upgrade to the javascript update (i love js).

Fully understand the coffee / app analogy, i'm trying to wean my kids off pirate mp3s/movies, and it's a similar feeling.

Don't give up. I work in project management / administration, but have been programming since I was a kid (oh my zx81!); I use my programming/html/js/css everyday to make things easier for other people at work, a lot are just grateful, but I'm finding more and more want to learn about web Dev too - especially with the rise of Sharepoint and similar systems being used on company intranets, and I think this will only increase in the coming years. I think your patience (attention to detail, skilfully crafted app and passion) will ultimately be rewarded.

As more business change to the bes10 services more people will become exposed to your app. Especially when business on the old services upgrade and realise how awesome bb10 is.

Sorry for rambling (that's why I normally just lurk!), peace and good luck.

P.s. A button to quickly email contents of current code in editor/ selected reference article, to email address would be great, lol!

Posted via CB10
    Really appreciate this comment and I'm glad you can see where I'm coming from! Working really hard to get the JS section out, thank you so much for supporting me (:

And yeah, I'm really hoping the larger acceptance of BES10 will help out my app down the line. We'll see.

And about your P.s. man, I really wish people were more familiar with the share feature. I went out of my way to add it to just about every single page on the app. If you share within the document page, you can email/bbm/dropbox/remember/etc. yourself the description. If you use the share feature within a specific editor tab then you can do it with just that specific code, and lastly, if you do it within the preview window, it actually combines the HTML and CSS (or HTML and JS) and you can send that out. It breaks it up with the proper <!-- HTML SECTION --> for HTML and // CSS Section.

Please try out the share feature that's spread around the app everywhere. It took a decent amount of work to get it all working nicely and it allows for exactly what you are requesting (unless I totally misunderstood what you were saying, if so, sorry - musta jumped the gun :X)

Thanks again!
    nonesuchnick likes this.
    01-30-14 09:22 PM
    Lol, even as I was typing the 'p.s.' I knew you'd have it covered. Perfection. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:47 AM
    Lol, even as I was typing the 'p.s.' I knew you'd have it covered. Perfection. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! Glad to help. I was looking at some of the native BlackBerry Apps and the browser and in every instance, BlackBerry has decided to put the share icon at the bottom of the overflow menu. Because of your comment I have decided to mirror what BlackBerry has done hoping that more people will notice it. So in the next release the share icon should stand out a bit more and more importantly it will be more consistent from my app to other built by blackberry apps. Thanks for inadvertently suggesting a different way, I'm happy with how it works now (:

Cheers!

01-31-14 03:55 AM
    Looking forward to the next release. . Many thanks, you can be sure I'll be recommending your app to anyone I find at work who also have a bb10! Peace.

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    01-31-14 03:47 PM
    YES! (and you all know why I am saying that!! )

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 05:44 PM
    YES! (and you all know why I am saying that!! )

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha I'm glad you're happy (and glad I was able to get it out in time! I can finally take a break for a couple weeks and focus on my last semester of school)

And for those who don't know what the heck he is talking about and are actually keeping up with this thread, I should probably explain that Web Design Cheat Sheet Version 3.0 is NOW in BlackBerry World!

This update includes the long-awaited JavaScript Section (FINALLY) among many other updates.

For a full list of changes, check out the changelog at: cyberbyt.es/wdcslog

And for more information about the App, check out: Web Design Cheat Sheet
    smart548 likes this.
    02-04-14 07:12 PM
    Just awesome. Love the way it's laid out object first, editor is so handy too.

Many thanks. Keep on, keeping on

Posted via CB10
    abass likes this.
    02-04-14 07:58 PM
    Okay Flip4Bytes, you can now afford to hire SCrid2000 as your lawyer so he doesn't have to work in your sweatshop anymore

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:41 PM
    Okay Flip4Bytes, you can now afford to hire SCrid2000 as your lawyer so he doesn't have to work in your sweatshop anymore

Posted via CB10
    Nonono we aren't supposed to mention this to him! Retreat.. retreat!!!
    02-05-14 03:56 PM
    I'm just wondering.. did u get the 10k? I read u needed 200 dollars when u last updated your app. Did u reach it?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 05:01 PM
    I'm just wondering.. did u get the 10k? I read u needed 200 dollars when u last updated your app. Did u reach it?

Posted via CB10
    Hey dibbis! I actually did end up hitting the 10k (after dozens upon dozens of difficulties on their end, but they finally got it sorted out and the numbers were indeed there). Probably one of the most stressful things ever experienced in my life but I'm glad I it ended up working out.

I have a nice update planned for 10.3 so stay tuned! Thanks for reaching out and for your support (and everyone else) as always (:

Cheers!
    dibbis likes this.
    05-22-14 06:37 PM
65 123