Is everyone who is so upset that the iOS app has the Yahoo emblem on it just blatantly ignoring the fact that the BB10 weather app has Accuweather badging all over it? Or is it only okay to present someone else's weather app as your own when it's BB doing it...

I mean, I liked the BB10 app when I had my z10 but I ended up downloading the official Accuweather one because it worked better, but make no mistake, it's an Accuweather app preloaded on BB10, not BB weather.

Apple never hid the fact that Yahoo partnered on their app, and their app is quite different with the animations over the actual yahoo app, which uses flickr pictures instead.
    Sssshhhh apple is clearly the only company ever to 'borrow' someone's else's app and brand it.

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-26-13 10:24 PM
    These apps are good looking but it lacks one important thing for us here in Canada: 1 cm or 30 cm is just shown as 'Snow'. Big difference.

The Weather Network app (Meteomedia) works perfectly for me, and includes everything above.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/55227

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    Unluckily for me I'm in seattle, land of no show, just rain rain and more rain.

12-26-13 10:25 PM
    Is everyone who is so upset that the iOS app has the Yahoo emblem on it just blatantly ignoring the fact that the BB10 weather app has Accuweather badging all over it? Or is it only okay to present someone else's weather app as your own when it's BB doing it...

I mean, I liked the BB10 app when I had my z10 but I ended up downloading the official Accuweather one because it worked better, but make no mistake, it's an Accuweather app preloaded on BB10, not BB weather.

Apple never hid the fact that Yahoo partnered on their app, and their app is quite different with the animations over the actual yahoo app, which uses flickr pictures instead.
    Sssshhhh apple is clearly the only company ever to 'borrow' someone's else's app and brand it.

You're telling us they actually got a partnership. In that case, all is good. If that's the case.

As for the BB weather app... Where does it have BlackBerry written again? As far as I know it is called Weather. Not BlackBerry Weather. So who is doing what here?
    12-26-13 11:50 PM
    I prefer the Weatherbug app myself, It has the best interface and maps feature. They don't support Blackberry OS anymore which is a dam shame.
    12-27-13 06:25 AM
    You're telling us they actually got a partnership. In that case, all is good. If that's the case.

As for the BB weather app... Where does it have BlackBerry written again? As far as I know it is called Weather. Not BlackBerry Weather. So who is doing what here?
    Sorry. It's the pre installed weather app. Pre installed from the factory. Usually denotes, you know, official.

Of course I don't see the weather app called Apple Weather on my iPhone either and people have their knickers all a twisted over it, so point still stands.
    austriker likes this.
    12-27-13 09:41 AM
30 12