Join the channel C003D66A4 to push the developers to create Built For BlackBerry 10 Apps, by sending them emails, tweets etc.... no android apk, no ports

WE WANT BUILT FOR BB10 OS APPS
    We     want    built    for    bb10 os apps-mockit_07082014114215.jpg

Hitch
    08-08-14 05:33 PM
    Join the channel C003D66A4 to push the developers to create Built For BlackBerry 10 Apps, by sending them emails, tweets etc.... no android apk, no ports

WE WANT BUILT FOR BB10 OS APPS

Hitch
    I agree wholeheartedly with you. But is the idea you've presented the best way to do so? Of that I'm not sure.

I would love to have a unanimous agreement form the CrackBerry community of an app that would be great for BB10 in native form. Then targeting those developers through various contact mechanisms to see if they'll bow to the pressure. So basically one win at time. To develop a winning strategy.
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 08-08-14 at 06:05 PM.
    08-08-14 05:48 PM
    I agree wholeheartedly with you. But is the idea you've presented the best way to do so? Of that I'm not sure.

I would love to have a unanimous agreement form the CrackBerry community of an app that would be great for BB10 in native form. Then targeting those developers through various contact mechanisms to see if they'll bow to pressure. So basically one win at time. To develop a winning strategy.
    Great idea. I agree that, picking one app at a time and pushing to get it Built for BlackBerry may have a better results.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    08-08-14 05:56 PM
    Well after all this time I believe we have to put pressure on the developers the way it's going now with different apk stores and the Amazon deal we will have just more apps not designed for BB10 and lacking smoothness and BB10 experience. Will be great if the CrackBerry great community helps with that I like a lot that idea of you.

Hitch
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-08-14 06:05 PM
    Well after all this time I believe we have to put pressure on the developers the way it's going now with different apk stores and the Amazon deal we will have just more apps not designed for BB10 and lacking smoothness and BB10 experience.

Hitch
    Again put pressure on what developers? Why run around like chickens with heads chopped off. Let's rationally pick just one great developer and their app that would be great for BB10. Develop a winning strategy to win them over and then move onto the next. One at a time.
    08-08-14 06:11 PM
    Again put pressure on what developers? Why run around like chickens with heads chopped off. Let's rationally pick just one great developer and their app that would be great for BB10. Develop a winning strategy to win them over and then move onto the next. One at a time.
    Agree 100% to this strategy we can use the channel to have a large number of subscribers something like 1000, will keep posting until we reach that number than we pick one app/developer to go after per month or week etc...

Hitch
    08-08-14 06:30 PM
    So we don't want the Apps, but programmers!?

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-08-14 06:40 PM
    Agree 100% to this strategy we can use the channel to have a large number of subscribers something like 1000, will keep posting until we reach that number than we pick one app/developer to go after per month or week etc.
    I'd say one app/developer to go after until said app/developer has agreed to develop native BB10 app. If it becomes clear that group/individual is not interested. Move onto the next.
    08-08-14 06:44 PM
    So we don't want the Apps, but programmers!?

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    We want developers to build apps for BlackBerry 10 platform.

Hitch
    08-09-14 01:42 AM
    So let me get this straight, you want to get people to join your channel to bring apps to bb10 officially?

One app at a time would make sense but you will need to have at least 100 followers all making multiple accounts and to be active on their forums, facebook and twitter constantly everyday to get a budge.

Sounds kind of like a cult, im in.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 02:22 AM
    So let me get this straight, you want to get people to join your channel to bring apps to bb10 officially?

One app at a time would make sense but you will need to have at least 100 followers all making multiple accounts and to be active on their forums, facebook and twitter constantly everyday to get a budge.

Sounds kind of like a cult, im in.

Posted via CB10
    You got it right, I suggest we start with Netflix, so far we have 8 subscribers on the channel (created 2 days ago) we need to promote it to have more people committed to go after developers one by one as suggested by Heinz.

Hitch
    08-09-14 02:30 AM
    Wouldn't it be possible if Blackberry contacted major players, like Snapchat ,wine and all of the others, we already have apps or clients for them by our devs like NemOry (others too). It would skip their respective 'development' (main pain) for BlackBerry and could easily maintain it with their 'names' and pay the devs the money they spend on giving it to others for android ports.
    Just an idea though.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:04 AM
    I want Medscape!!
    08-09-14 03:15 AM
    Wouldn't it be possible if Blackberry contacted major players, like Snapchat ,wine and all of the others, we already have apps or clients for them by our devs like NemOry (others too). It would skip their respective 'development' (main pain) for BlackBerry and could easily maintain it with their 'names' and pay the devs the money they spend on giving it to others for android ports.
    Just an idea though.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good scenario but I think BlackBerry won't do that, their focus is on enterprises and with the Amazon deal and the 10.3 many developers will just ignore the popular apps as native BB10 and focus on developing BB10 for entreprises, more money and margin.

Hitch
    08-09-14 03:17 AM
    That's a good scenario but I think BlackBerry won't do that, their focus is on enterprises and with the Amazon deal and the 10.3 many developers will just ignore the popular apps as native BB10 and focus on developing BB10 for entreprises, more money and margin.

Hitch
    Sad but true,
    I hope BlackBerry doesn't put an empty fork in their mouth with that deal. Although, I am very optimistic, but in times like this nothing is certain. It's assuring as BlackBerry nowadays is receiving media attention with their products and services (at least now they do), but I think focusing on enterprise is a great time spent, hope they don't forget about their own customers.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:25 AM
    Sad but true,
    I hope BlackBerry doesn't put an empty fork in their mouth with that deal. Although, I am very optimistic, but in times like this nothing is certain. It's assuring as BlackBerry nowadays is receiving media attention with their products and services (at least now they do), but I think focusing on enterprise is a great time spent, hope they don't forget about their own customers.

Posted via CB10
    True focusing on enterprise will give them back the Executive Charm and profitability, so more money to spend on product development and apps ecosystem, for now we need to push developers to hear us and put some effort in built for BB10 apps.

Hitch
    08-09-14 03:41 AM
    If you really want success with this, don't start off with gigantic companies. (Netflix)
    Start with the developers that feel they could really prosper from 100-200 new users, which means smaller, more indie type developers.
    You will find more success like that.
    08-09-14 05:59 AM
    If you really want success with this, don't start off with gigantic companies. (Netflix)
    Start with the developers that feel they could really prosper from 100-200 new users, which means smaller, more indie type developers.
    I think the opposite, if people managed to get those big companies it should encourage smaller devs to go on

Join my photography channel
    08-09-14 06:11 AM
    The main idea is to have big names doing it, it will boost the BlackBerry 10 image, BBRY, push competition of these big name to do the same, small developer will follow smoothly big names. Cascade based apps are amazing and easy to develop if developers put the right effort todo it in a first place.

Hitch
    08-09-14 08:54 AM
    Netflix average cost per month $7, a proper nice Built for BlackBerry 10 app cost is $100000 approximately, that means 15000 users one month subscription fee can cover that, I believe BB10 users number is way more than 15000.

Hitch
    08-09-14 08:59 AM
    I want Medscape!!
    I use the APK and it is working flawlessly. Fast, smooth, comparisons / interactions listed quick. Agree though, native would be better.
    08-09-14 09:15 AM
    I want Medscape!!
    Join the channel will post about it.

Hitch
    08-09-14 10:04 AM
    I'd like to develop software for bb10 but I need help to understand API'S and libraries(eg: how does API work, can u integrated API's of other platform in bb10??),if I am done understanding this I can finally create apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 10:12 AM
    Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-09-14 10:20 AM
    Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    Cheers

Hitch
    08-09-14 11:03 AM