The reason I would want it to close automatically is that when you are at 8 apps,you don't guarantee that clipman is the app that closes...for this reason I try to keep no matter ore than 6 open so I don't get some other app closed when I open something.
    If you could set the seconds..then the user could pick something that fits their habits
    01-05-14 07:47 AM
    I can't speak to the user who wants to copy and EMAIL but maybe they want the entire email, including the header and body as one copy.

So, far, copying chunks back and forth and multiple copies and multiple pastes seem to be working without issue.

While I guess it would be nice if one could use some kind of Alt-key combo (which does not exist on the z10, at least) to summon or bring up Clipman, I will have to somehow make sure that where I place its icon does not change so I know which page it is located on and its position on that page - quirk of the OS is that if you delete an icon, all the others on that page shift. So I will probably move Clipman to the first page, at least. Too bad BB did not really provide "Convenience Buttons" like on the older devices which could be assigned or reassigned.
    01-05-14 08:55 AM
    Previous user of ClipMan -- Would love to test

Z10/Q10/Z30
    All running the latest leak

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-05-14 01:32 PM
    Just bought it. Love the devs other battery app. Will be very useful when headless

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-05-14 03:09 PM
    Had it installed for about a day and a half now. So far haven't come across any issues. Mostly just using it in the native browser, docs to go, and email. Battery seems to be fine too - usage by ClipMan is negligible. I've noticed the app never idles in the CPU usage, usually stays around 0.05% to 0.2%, but as I just said, battery usage is negligible, so I'm happy.

I would also suggest adding an LED option to use a double flash, etc. As others have mentioned, it you're not looking for the flash, I find I easily miss it.

Will report back if I find anything else in the next few days. But so far, looks good!
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-05-14 05:06 PM
    If you want to add any more beta testers...
    ClipMan is probably my most used app. It's my only absolutely-always-open active frame.

Mildly off-topic, but I've been meaning to email for you some time now. Can you please fix the Active Frame sizing on Z30?

I'll come back and add a screenshot.

ClipMan looks amazing in dark theme btw!
    01-05-14 05:25 PM
    I've been testing various things all day.. copy from email, bbm, browser, sms, share to ClipMan from twitter, CB10.. all worked perfectly.

I did find the CPU usage odd as someone said above.. it ranges for 0.05% to 0.2% and spikes every few seconds even when not in use. Never drops to idle.. but it doesn't seem to affect anything and battery usage is minimal. 0.05% in the last 7 hours.

Everything seems great, a very nice update. I loved this app before but now it's even better. I would recommend it to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-05-14 05:49 PM
    ... Can you please fix the Active Frame sizing on Z30?

I'll come back and add a screenshot.

ClipMan looks amazing in dark theme btw!
    Voila!

WANTED: Beta Testers for ClipMan - HEADLESS!-img_00000969.png

Posted via CB10 from my new Z30!
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-05-14 06:17 PM
    Yes, the constant CPU usage is unavoidable. I tried hard to keep it as minimal as possible and since the CPU is only a single part out of all components in our smartphones it shouldn't hurt. But it goes to IDLE! In average 750ms after you turn your screen off the headless module goes to IDLE mode, as soon as you turn your screen on it will get back from IDLE within less than 50ms.

And while your screen is on you're wasting a lot more energy just for the background illumination or the amoled.

0.05% battery usage in 7 hours sounds like a impressive value. As far as I know the UI part of ClipMan is included in this value. So it is not only the headless part in case you have opened the application itself during this timeframe.
    Without much calculations I would say 0.05% in 7 hours means less than a minute stand by time which you will lose per week because of ClipMan. But it is too late over here to serve my calculator properly and give here exact values.
    Last edited by QtHelex; 01-05-14 at 07:00 PM.
    01-05-14 06:35 PM
    Voila!
    ****! The screenshot looks ugly. Ouh, I should have bought myself a Z30 the time it was on sale at amazon.

Thanks a lot elite1. I will look into it. Let's hope I can fix it even without a Z30.
    01-05-14 06:37 PM
    Just bought this! Looking forward to headless ^^
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-05-14 06:48 PM
    ****! The screenshot looks ugly. Ouh, I should have bought myself a Z30 the time it was on sale at amazon.

Thanks a lot elite1. I will look into it. Let's hope I can fix it even without a Z30.
    Yes they've obviously changed the dimensions for the active frames in Z30. I'd imagine you can find the info somewhere in BBRY's dev site, or one would hope.

You're not alone, as you can see from the frame for CB10, plus the SuperBar from Wallpaper Changer HD hidden behind them.
    01-05-14 07:22 PM
    Yes they've obviously changed the dimensions for the active frames in Z30. I'd imagine you can find the info somewhere in BBRY's dev site, or one would hope.
    Yeah, it's just hard to test over here during the development. I hope I find some minutes later today to look into it.

In case you're still interested in checking out the headless module, don't forget to answer my private messages!

Same goes to jamezalexander, dustmalik and some others. I guess they are mostly from within the CB10 app on CrackBerry. A way to access there the private messages or at least a reminder would be cool...
    01-06-14 01:19 AM
    Battery usage has increased a little from the previously posted 0.05% but still pretty good in my opinion.

WANTED: Beta Testers for ClipMan - HEADLESS!-img_20140106_162849.png

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-06-14 03:31 PM
    Would there be an easier way to bring up ClipMan's captured text? Other than loading the application would it be possible to somehow override the default paste action - that may not be possible though?

As it stands now the only way is to open ClipMan to paste something in?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 07:54 PM
    The last thing you copied is automatically ready to be pasted. But if you'd like to paste an older item then yes as far as I know you need to open ClipMan, find what you want and select the reuse button to move it back to the clipboard.

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    01-06-14 08:53 PM
    It's working well, with minimal resource consumption when open. Really nice app, and a feature I've missed on BB10.

I have two suggestions. Allow titling for clips, so it's easy to find what you want, when you've built a library. I'd also like to see it made searchable.

+1 to it being in the global menu!
    Attached Thumbnails WANTED: Beta Testers for ClipMan - HEADLESS!-img_20140107_112408.png  
    FF22 likes this.
    01-07-14 11:33 AM
    Battery usage has increased a little from the previously posted 0.05% but still pretty good in my opinion.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140106_162849.png 
Views:	427 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	236526
    I have no idea how they are calculating this value. But I read there the word "total", I wonder during which timeframe. If it is in total for the past 24 hours I guess nobody will ever have a problem with it.

Would there be an easier way to bring up ClipMan's captured text? Other than loading the application would it be possible to somehow override the default paste action - that may not be possible though?
    No, sadly not possible. Before firmware 10.1 and the old clipboard menu there was a additional slow below at which you were able to share a text to ClipMan, but this seems to be removed in the current firmwares.

Maybe we will see it with some luck again with firmware 10.2.2 or 10.3

As it stands now the only way is to open ClipMan to paste something in?
    As said the latest text block is always in your clipboard. Just if you want to go into the past you need to open ClipMan. (beginning with version 2.0.0 in a few days in case you have the firmware 10.2.1 on your device)

It's working well, with minimal resource consumption when open. Really nice app, and a feature I've missed on BB10.
    Thanks a lot.
    But while looking at your memory graph, could you doublecheck at BlackBerry World if you have really version 1.9.9 installed and not the old 1.6 without headless module?

I have the impression that the headless part is not always running on your device.

There are several possible reasons for this:
    • you have the wrong version
    • ClipMan has not the permission to run in background on your device
    • it crashed somehow!
    • you're not running 10.2.1.xxx

I have two suggestions. Allow titling for clips, so it's easy to find what you want, when you've built a library.
    I have a TAG-cloud on my to-do-list. But time is sadly a limited a resource.

I'd also like to see it made searchable.
    Check out the search button in the menu bar.

You can also access the ClipMan database from the global device search. Just search for something and select the ClipMan icon in the results page to continue your search inside of ClipMan.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-07-14 01:30 PM
    Definitely the correct app version showing in App World and device monitor, and I'm on Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925.

The app is working headlessly, however it's not saving every clip, when I make consecutive copies. It's only saving whatever was last before I check. If I leave Clipman active, it saves everything.

Should have seen the big "search", center bottom of the screen. My bad
    01-07-14 01:54 PM

The app is working headlessly, however it's not saving every clip, when I make consecutive copies. It's only saving whatever was last before I check. If I leave Clipman active, it saves everything.
    If it would be running headless it would never go below 3,8 MB memory usage. Sounds like the fall back mechanism I've integrated in case someone disables the headless permission is active.
    It works like the since March available version, it stores everything while in ActiveFrame and store everything it finds in the clipboard when ClipMan starts up, but not in between.

The difference with the headless module running, it stores even everything with a closed ClipMan app. But as you said not at your device.

Is the front LED flashing if you're copying something?

I would say no.

If you restart your Device and it is working then I guess the headless module crashed at your device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by QtHelex; 01-07-14 at 02:39 PM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-07-14 02:28 PM
    Rebooted, and working correctly now.
    01-07-14 02:52 PM
    Rebooted, and working correctly now.

...so it crashed maybe at some point at your device.

Oh well, I need to doublecheck again everything. This headless stuff is tough.
    01-07-14 03:12 PM

...so it crashed maybe at some point at your device.

Oh well, I need to doublecheck again everything. This headless stuff is tough.
    It's ok

I'm good at breaking
    01-07-14 04:04 PM
    Sent in a bug report via private message.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 05:40 PM
    It stopped working headless for me. No led (green or blue). And only getting the clip when active. Or the last one on the clipboard when it is opened.

Will reboot
    01-07-14 08:20 PM
115 12345