I keyed in on that. What does it offer? More stability? And where is it found?
    The 10.2.1.176 is just a extremely old leak and the 10.2.1.1927 is the final developer built to check your own apps before the 10.2.1 gets officially released but it even doesn't contain the Device Monitor which is a incredible useful tool while developing long running headless apps.
    Here you can find the developer built of 10.2.1.1927: Link (DON'T use this if you're not a developer!)

I've only got one other headless running and so far no issues with crashing.
    Good news. The next (hopefully) even more stable version is not far away...
    01-10-14 03:58 PM
    That sounds like the right move! good luck!
    Done, Version 2.0.1 of ClipMan was just uploaded to BlackBerry World and should arrive at the beginning of next week at your devices.

I have completely rewritten the whole communication part between ClipMan itself and the headless module. Apart from that I have optimized the whole headless module and it needs now at minimum only 1.2 MB RAM instead of 4.4 MB - including the needed memory for code and libraries. The new fallback mechanism works also great. In case the headless module was stopped (at example via the Device Monitor) it will get started again as soon as you open up ClipMan the next time.

It gets this way now even more reliable and in case anyone is able to crash the upcoming new version 2.0.1 of ClipMan I guess we will have "a lot of fun" with the whole (long running) headless apps thing in the near future. If this is not rocking solid no other headless app will work without hickups.
    01-11-14 02:05 PM
    Done, Version 2.0.1 of ClipMan was just uploaded to BlackBerry World and should arrive at the beginning of next week at your devices.

I have completely rewritten the whole communication part between ClipMan itself and the headless module. Apart from that I have optimized the whole headless module and it needs now at minimum only 1.2 MB RAM instead of 4.4 MB - including the needed memory for code and libraries. The new fallback mechanism works also great. In case the headless module was stopped (at example via the Device Monitor) it will get started again as soon as you open up ClipMan the next time.

It gets this way now even more reliable and in case anyone is able to crash the upcoming new version 2.0.1 of ClipMan I guess we will have "a lot of fun" with the whole (long running) headless apps thing in the near future. If this is not rocking solid no other headless app will work without hickups.
    Sounds good! I'm surprised you didn't want a few to test the new version before releasing it to BlackBerry World though..

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 06:47 PM
    Sounds good! I'm surprised you didn't want a few to test the new version before releasing it to BlackBerry World though..
    Yeah, I thought about it but I think it is not needed.

I were doubting about the first release and the internal TCP/IP socket communication and if it really works reliable and also between several instances of the app. And since I had not much experience with the headless apps topic I were thankful to find some great beta testers which were able to confirm the low power consumption but reported also some crashes which shouldn't happen.
    I removed now the whole TCP/IP thing and replaced it with a very rudimentary mechanism which doesn't contain much complicate code or protocols. The part which does the real work was untouched so no changes regarding power consumption.

Time is a limited resource, especially if you develop only in your spare time.
    While handling the community stuff I'm unable to develop, so I carefully considered the requirement of a additional beta test or if it is enough how it works now over here and if I trust the changes I've done. I've chosen the second option and risk that it may break because I think the BlackBerry community will profit even more if I don't invest the time now in a second beta and use the time instead to work now on the headless module of BaSA (Battery and System Analyzer).
    Personally I'm especially interested in the network traffic analysis.
    01-12-14 01:42 AM
    To my beloved Beta testers:

ClipMan managed it finally to get a short moment of glory. It made it to a large article on the front page of CrackBerry!

ClipMan Clipboard Manager is a no fuss pasting utility application

If you're still satisfied with ClipMan it would be great if you could leave a positive comment below this posting, in case you're not please post over here or drop me a mail.
    03-10-14 11:27 AM
    Nice little app, thanks dev.

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    03-10-14 11:30 AM
    What was in today's update?
    QtHelex likes this.
    03-11-14 02:51 PM
    What was in today's update?
    Todays update integrated the application Turbo Reader via a plugin into ClipMan. Just open a text or press and hold a item in the list and select in the menu at the right "Turbo Reader". In case Turbo Reader is installed the text gets opened in Turbo Reader to read a text block as fast as possible. If it isn't installed it gives you the option to get the for this needed app at BlackBerry World.

Only a small update and maybe not so useful for the most. But in case you're a Turbo Reader user and have also ClipMan I'm sure you will love the overall flow. Just like the new Turbo Reader integration in the app ReadItNow!
    03-11-14 05:07 PM
    Thanks for the response.
    03-11-14 09:09 PM
    To all previous BETA testers and subscribers of this thread, there is currently a voting happening about the future development of ClipMan and HUB integration: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ration-928470/

It would be great if you could participate or at least leave a vote.
    05-03-14 10:32 AM
    Hello fellow and brave beta testers!

I have something new ClipMan related for you to check out, especially for guys which love to try new stuff and use ClipMan for sure. Because of this I'm posting over here.
    I've created some kind of cloud extention to ClipMan to be able to push a text to your desktop computer, iPad or Android device or back to your BlackBerry. It is done using a separate application which runs completely independend from ClipMan, but needs ClipMan for the more advanced clipboard related features like "Universal Copy & Paste" which is basically a synchronized clipboard between all your devices.

The integration works in the meantime reliable at ClipMan, but the second app is still at a early state. It is called BlackBullet and is a client for pushbullet.com. In case you want to join, please check out this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...et-com-953158/

You wan't to know first more about "Universal Copy & Paste" and the new cloud extention for ClipMan?
    Here you get more information: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...l#post10795371

Happy testing!
    09-03-14 02:13 PM
    Why not add in the beta zone?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 02:20 PM
    Why not add in the beta zone?
    Normal developers are not welcome in the Beta Zone, only BlackBerry ELITE members are accepted.
    I've written over here some more details about it: LINK

Sad but true, I have also no idea why it is worth to fill up the Beta Zone with pointless Torch and search for XXX apps by BlackBerry Elite members while projects which needs real beta testing by a bigger group are not allowed to enter.
    09-03-14 02:27 PM
    Does the clipman app need testing as well?(I'm testing blackbullet)

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 02:30 PM
    Does the clipman app need testing as well?(I'm testing blackbullet)
    ClipMan is in the meantime a extremely reliable working application. But testing the features to share single or multiple items directly to BlackBullet can't hurt. It should work, but in case you see any issues, especially with non latain characters like at chinese or arabic languages please let me know.
    Also the clipboard sync works currently only when BlackBullet is running in the foreground. This is a known issue, but apart from this limitation it should work without issues. But some seems to have issues with sending, other with receiving text blocks. The reason for this issues needs to get hunted down.
    09-03-14 02:44 PM
115 ... 345