04-30-14 01:41 PM
1,097 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I don't know what's changed but I've had this app for weeks with no issue until the recent update
    Now the superbar doesn't show at all and it won't read my media card any more.
    Hope you iron out this stuff. You have a great track record here.
    06-21-13 05:05 PM
    "Do you have more than 1 calendar? Im thinking maybe it's pulling from the default calendar and your appointments might be in another one? "

Thanks for the reply, yes, I have multiple google calendars, but it was not pulling from my default calendar, it was pulling from a shared calendar with my work Lab. I unsubscribed from the shared lab calendar, and then it showed my default calendar. (On the plus side, I suddenly don't have any lab meetings to attend etc. But if my PI and lab colleagues get mad at me, I'm blaming it all on you!)

Also, the only way I got the superbar to work properly (to update regularly) was to turn on wallpaper rotation, which I didn't really want to do, but that's fine. Ironically, there are 2 wallpapers in my folder, but the rotation is only using one of them, so it's still not rotating; and unfortunately, the wallpaper it's stuck on is not the original one I was planing on using.
    In short: needed to activate wallpaper rotation to update superbar, but wallpaper rotation not working anyway. Calendar did not default to MY default calendar. (My default calendar is set as default both through google as well as on my Z10.)

EDIT: AT&T Z10 with 10.0.10.116
    Last edited by lambique; 06-22-13 at 12:03 PM.
    06-21-13 11:00 PM

Just a bunch of new wallpaper packs. WC already supports the media card, but it's an OS bug that can prevent apps from reading from it properly.

Im still working on fixing other bugs, hopefully should have a new update next week.
    So is there any way to make it work on media card?

Again active frame froze after update. Let's see further. Fingers crossed.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354 with 1880 radio.
    06-22-13 04:49 AM
    I like the app but it's lacking some basic features....

Need to add an option to use the SuperBar only (and keep the stock/default wallpaper).
    Also, it would be nice to have the SuperBar display on the Hub... Is that possible?
    06-22-13 04:23 PM
    I like the app but it's lacking some basic features....

Need to add an option to use the SuperBar only (and keep the stock/default wallpaper).
    Also, it would be nice to have the SuperBar display on the Hub... Is that possible?
    Superbar only: That's already possible. If you click on "superbar settings", you should have the ability to "disable rotation". However, as indicated in my post, I personally had difficulty in having the superbar update when I disabled wallpaper rotation. Quick fix: make two copies of your wallpaper, and enable rotation between those two identical wallpapers. This way, it will appear that your wallpaper does not change, and you will still have the superbar, which will (hopefully) stay updated.

Superbar on Hub: The hub doesn't show the background, so I don't think the superbar can be shown there, because as I understand it, the app actually creates a wallpaper with the superbar on it, and recreates it every time it updates the superbar. In other words, the superbar is really just a part of your wallpaper, so no wallpaper=no superbar. Hence why enabling rotation of wallpaper helps to keep the superbar updated I think.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-22-13 05:02 PM
    Superbar only: That's already possible. If you click on "superbar settings", you should have the ability to "disable rotation". However, as indicated in my post, I personally had difficulty in having the superbar update when I disabled wallpaper rotation. Quick fix: make two copies of your wallpaper, and enable rotation between those two identical wallpapers. This way, it will appear that your wallpaper does not change, and you will still have the superbar, which will (hopefully) stay updated.

Superbar on Hub: The hub doesn't show the background, so I don't think the superbar can be shown there, because as I understand it, the app actually creates a wallpaper with the superbar on it, and recreates it every time it updates the superbar. In other words, the superbar is really just a part of your wallpaper, so no wallpaper=no superbar. Hence why enabling rotation of wallpaper helps to keep the superbar updated I think.
    Thanks....
    "disable rotation" does not work if you want to use stock wallpapers (because you can not access the folder - The carrier and BlackBerry hide access to the default wallpaper folder) .

I was going to create two copies of my current (stock) wallpaper... but as I stated, you can not access the folders where the wallpapers are stored.

I found where someone posted the .jpg of the 18 default wallpapers online, but I want to use my carriers default wallpaper.
    06-22-13 07:14 PM
    Sorry, I use my own wallpaper, didn't realize it didn't work with the stock ones!
    06-22-13 08:36 PM
    BlackBerry World - the ecosystem for wallpaper changers, weather, and battery apps.
    *facepalm*
    06-24-13 12:11 PM
    BlackBerry World - the ecosystem for wallpaper changers, weather, and battery apps.
    *facepalm*
    Thank goodness you're here to provide us with the universally useful Blackboard, Dental Terms & Californian Police Radio.....
    06-24-13 01:03 PM
    *facepalm*
    Are you having a bad Monday?

Posted from my ZED10
    06-24-13 01:35 PM
    Thanks....
    "disable rotation" does not work if you want to use stock wallpapers (because you can not access the folder - The carrier and BlackBerry hide access to the default wallpaper folder) .

I was going to create two copies of my current (stock) wallpaper... but as I stated, you can not access the folders where the wallpapers are stored.

I found where someone posted the .jpg of the 18 default wallpapers online, but I want to use my carriers default wallpaper.
    Is this the wallpaper you are looking for?
    Attached Thumbnails Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000007.jpg  
    06-24-13 02:56 PM
    No... It's close. The one you have is part of the BB stock wallpapers (file name: BB_Blue.jpgp).

I was able to do a screen capture (while swiping the icons as far over before switching to the next window). I then cropped the image to remove the bottom phone,search and camera icons.

This is the Verizon default wallpaper (cropped).
    Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-vzw_z10_wallpaper.jpg
    06-24-13 05:27 PM
    the battery on the active frame still doesn't update
    06-25-13 10:10 AM
    Hi Shao. As always, thanks for your continuous support. When I have the app open and press "Slideshow", the saved wallpapers rotate on the screen in about 10 second intervals, but when the app is minimized in Active Frame, the rotation stops and one specific picture from the download wallpapers is shown and remains fixed. Is that normal?

Posted via Z10
    06-25-13 11:32 AM
    Will not let me use another folder on memory card keeps saying I need more the 2 photos and I have more then 2 and when I rename a photo so that it gos to front off all my photos and restart the app it dose not load up that 1st pic
    06-25-13 06:45 PM
    A few days ago I received notification that an update to Wallpaper Changer HD was available. I installed the update and now can not launch the app. It starts up and after a few seconds shuts down. Nothing else on my Z10 has changed.
    06-27-13 08:03 PM
    A few days ago I received notification that an update to Wallpaper Changer HD was available. I installed the update and now can not launch the app. It starts up and after a few seconds shuts down. Nothing else on my Z10 has changed.
    Olso for me the same..
    S.V. 10.1.0.2312
    F.V. 10.1.0.2354

Resolved give permission ti file and folder.
    Last edited by alexmari; 06-28-13 at 09:58 AM. Reason: resolved
    06-28-13 09:49 AM
    Olso for me the same..
    S.V. 10.1.0.2312
    F.V. 10.1.0.2354

Thanks that did the trick.
    06-28-13 12:08 PM
    No matter what I choose for active frame, after a while like a day or two, it gets stuck, and not changing it in config nor restarting the app helps, remains stuck. really annoying

Posted via CB10
    bobo616 likes this.
    06-28-13 10:03 PM
    Olso for me the same..
    S.V. 10.1.0.2312
    F.V. 10.1.0.2354

How do you give permission to a folder on the media card please?
    06-29-13 08:58 AM
    How do you give permission to a folder on the media card please?
    Start by searching for "permissions" from the BlackBerry home or app screens.

From my Q10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-29-13 09:34 AM
    Start by searching for "permissions" from the BlackBerry home or app screens.

From my Q10
    OK, well the app has full permissions for the sd card but that still doesn't help me. However, anything on the device works. So I guess i will use it that way till I update my OS.
    06-29-13 09:40 AM
    Active frame and superbar are not updating. I have to app every hour for it to update. Just started a couple days ago.

Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000311.png

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:36 AM
    I m using pics downloaded from the app & I noticed that the active frame gets stuck on a particular pic... I have to restart the app to make it work. I have custom mssg on Super Bar & weather on active frame.

I have around 80 wall papers in the device folder, but never have seen the full rotation without freezing.

Kindly check Shao...

Attachment 177756
    Last edited by sdgandhi; 06-30-13 at 09:04 PM.
    06-30-13 07:57 PM
    Shao,

I have noticed over the last couple of days that the superbar shows the weather, but in active frames all i get is a Black square, that says updated xx:xxam or pm as applicable, and the title of the active frame, but no weather. i have not done anymore OS upgrades in the last several weeks, current Wallpaper Changer version installed is 3.6.1.2. i have not rebooted that phone in over a week, because of the problems in getting this app to restart.
    07-01-13 12:46 PM
1,097 ... 2829303132 ...