Ya the code is there, I just don't think the transition is that nice however. Once you swipe up and the new wallpaper "pops" on the the screen, not very clean or elegant looking.
    Thanks, I understand about the transition but is it likely anything anything could be done about this, if not I personally would prefer the option to use this with a small disclaimer about the quality issue?

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    04-14-13 02:49 PM
    Hey Shao, just a little inconvenience here. The app used to pick up photos from SD card till yesterday. However, not anymore. Instead, it is picking up some random image. Tried un installing and installing it again. Same. Could you let me know if I'm missing something?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 02:55 PM
    Hey Shao, just a little inconvenience here. The app used to pick up photos from SD card till yesterday. However, not anymore. Instead, it is picking up some random image. Tried un installing and installing it again. Same. Could you let me know if I'm missing something?
    Its an OS bug, workaround for now is to use internal memory.
    04-15-13 08:08 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Nothing to say, old timer?

*runs and hides*

This is how you CB10, son!
    04-15-13 11:32 AM
    Shao, is there a thumbnail listing of the various wallpaper packs anywhere? Checked your website and didn't see anything.

Reason I ask is that I think I've only DLed 2 of the 3 free packs, but not sure exactly.

Don't suppose the name of each image could start with (abbreviated?) name of its pack?
    Might be nice to see a checkmark in list for downloaded packs, and/or a separate list of downloads, maybe with date of purchase / download.

You might want to make it more obvious how to run the app without rotation. I'm looking and not seeing the option, but I'm probably just tired!
    Maybe have Never as an option in list, or a check box for Enable Rotation.

I guess right now there's standalone way to select a particular wallpaper and see it with SuperBar, is there? Just seems like a lot of work to ask a user to make a new folder, move desired photo there, designate folder.
    On days like Canada Day, Halloween, Xmas, etc, I would want to have an appropriate wallpaper and still see my SuperBar.

Hope none of that sounded whiny! (I'm tired!)

04-15-13 11:50 AM
    What day is it anyway?

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-15-13 12:28 PM
    Shao, is there a thumbnail listing of the various wallpaper packs anywhere? Checked your website and didn't see anything.

Reason I ask is that I think I've only DLed 2 of the 3 free packs, but not sure exactly.

Don't suppose the name of each image could start with (abbreviated?) name of its pack?
    Might be nice to see a checkmark in list for downloaded packs, and/or a separate list of downloads, maybe with date of purchase / download.

You might want to make it more obvious how to run the app without rotation. I'm looking and not seeing the option, but I'm probably just tired!
    Maybe have Never as an option in list, or a check box for Enable Rotation.

I guess right now there's standalone way to select a particular wallpaper and see it with SuperBar, is there? Just seems like a lot of work to ask a user to make a new folder, move desired photo there, designate folder.
    On days like Canada Day, Halloween, Xmas, etc, I would want to have an appropriate wallpaper and still see my SuperBar.

Hope none of that sounded whiny! (I'm tired!)

The wallpapers are named after the pack they are from. There isn't a thumbnail view (yet). You can get a small preview in the app when you click into a pack it shows a few wallpapers from the pack in the top box. The disable rotation option in SuperBar settings when you enable that it will give you the option to set 1 specific wallpaper.
    04-16-13 08:08 AM
    Hey Shao quick question for you: I see in previous replies that having your images on the device memory as opposed to the SD card is the preferred option currently. I actually have my images in a dropbox folder and selected my walls to rotate through this folder and it works fine.

My question is if the app is using the images direct from dropbox or if it's downloading the pics first and reading them off the device locally?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:39 PM
    Hey Shao quick question for you: I see in previous replies that having your images on the device memory as opposed to the SD card is the preferred option currently. I actually have my images in a dropbox folder and selected my walls to rotate through this folder and it works fine.

My question is if the app is using the images direct from dropbox or if it's downloading the pics first and reading them off the device locally?
    I assume the pics are cached locally on your device then. I don't have any code to remotely pull images unless the OS is doing it behind the scenes.
    NinjaBread likes this.
    04-18-13 08:16 AM
    Ok I've have a couple kind of odd question here, but I am asking seriously. Have a look at this app here: BlackBerry World - LinkShrink you don't need to download it, the screen shots and description will give you the idea of everything it does. I realize that app and Wallpaper Changer are 2 completely different kinds of apps but try to answer as best you can.

So my questions are:
    1) In your opinion does that app offer more functionality over Wallpaper Changer?
    2) Which app would you describe as being more simple?
    3) If you could only have one of the 2 apps which one would you pick?

Thanks.
    04-18-13 08:23 AM
    1) In your opinion does that app offer more functionality over Wallpaper Changer?
    No, because it only can shorten URLs and nothing else (as far as I saw).
    2) Which app would you describe as being more simple?
    LinkShrink.
    3) If you could only have one of the 2 apps which one would you pick?
    Wallpaper Changer HD, of course

But you should really work on your UI. I also bought BerryBuzz and their UI is much clearer and more logic in my opinion.
    Shao128 likes this.
    04-18-13 09:01 AM
    I actually have that app, but hadn't ever opened it.

It's simple enough, yet just slightly cumbersome for its simple functions.

Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000250.png

There's a share function, but no Copy URL button. So you have to Share, then Copy, then cancel to get your URL for posting to somewhere like here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...r-more-771551/

Unshrink is easy, yet very unintuitive as the large display font + portrait-only orientation don't add up well:

Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000251.png

It all begs the question: Huh?
    As in, why are you asking?
    Was Link Shrink your app? With BB World down for me and most others right now, I can't check myself...

jhimmel likes this.
    04-18-13 12:03 PM
    I'll give the reasoning I'm asking a little later. I need to see if I was loosing my mind or if my point of view is distorted because Wallpaper Changer is my app.
    04-18-13 04:50 PM
    I'll give the reasoning I'm asking a little later. I need to see if I was loosing my mind or if my point of view is distorted because Wallpaper Changer is my app.
    Okay gotcha.

Can you at least say if my answer and/or the other one gave you what you wanted to know?

Don't want to you to go crazy! (Or crazier?)
    04-18-13 05:46 PM
    1. No
    2. Is simpler then yours
    3. I don't think it applies since both apps accomplish different functions

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:23 PM
    So we will ever have the ability to use this app without having to have the active frame minimized? I really find this annoying and don't use the app because of this.
    04-20-13 11:17 PM
    So we will ever have the ability to use this app without having to have the active frame minimized? I really find this annoying and don't use the app because of this.
    As soon as BBRY unlocks the ability to do so.
    Right now, it's commonly believed that feature will be included with OS 10.2. We're waiting for 10.1 to be made officially public right now, so it's a safe bet that 10.2 is a month away or more.

04-21-13 07:16 AM
    Ok so the reason I asked about the other app is because for over a month now I've been trying to get answers about why Wallpaper Changer was not accepted into Built for BlackBerry (BFB). After many ignored emails to multiple people I was finally able to get an answer saying that my app was too simple. The URL shortening app however is in BFB. So that app must not be a simple app right? Or have a I lost my mind? lol
    04-21-13 07:27 AM
    In all honesty, I will be amazed if we see 10.2 this year. Not that BB doesn't already have enough to fix that they couldn't get there soon, I just think it is going to take them a long time to get there.
    04-21-13 07:32 AM
    Ok so the reason I asked about the other app is because for over a month now I've been trying to get answers about why Wallpaper Changer was not accepted into Built for BlackBerry (BFB). After many ignored emails to multiple people I was finally able to get an answer saying that my app was too simple. The URL shortening app however is in BFB. So that app must not be a simple app right? Or have a I lost my mind? lol
    That's unfair man. Yours is an amazing app and it should definitely be BFB!

Hope they fix it soon.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and Shao128 like this.
    04-21-13 07:36 AM
    Everything else aside, that Link Shrink app has seriously earned Built For BlackBerry?!?

You would be hard fought to find a more simplistic app.
    Shao128 likes this.
    04-21-13 08:54 AM
    Wallpaper Changer HD and Z Theme are my equal number one apps. Stuff BFB these apps are BFM. (Built for me) Keep up your good work Shao.
    Shao128 likes this.
    04-21-13 09:00 AM
    Everything else aside, that Link Shrink app has seriously earned Built For BlackBerry?!?

You would be hard fought to find a more simplistic app.
    04-21-13 09:17 AM
    Wow. With its simplicity and couple obvious (and easily fixable) shortcomings, I find that hard to believe.

I must have grabbed it before it earned the BFB thing. I don't recall seeing that.

Do you have to specifically for each of your apps that you'd like to get the BFB?
    I know you have a bunch of apps in BB World. Just curious, did you put in for any others to get BFB too?

04-21-13 04:47 PM
    Just noticed something really cool the other day about WC HD.

I never knew, or just plain forgot, that Add to Wallpaper Changer was added into the Set As menu in Pictures (including via File Manager).

Long press from preview menu, or hit overflow menu (3 dots, bottom right) with an open image, and find Set As from righthand action menu:
    Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000275.png

Opens the Set As menu:
    Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000274.png

Select the Add to Wallpaper Changer option, then receive confirmation:
    Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000276.png

My only wish is that it was also an option in Share menu when selecting multiple pictures, for moving a bunch of wallpapers easily into your rotation, en masse.

04-21-13 05:18 PM
1,097 ... 1314151617 ...