Hey Shao, one thing I have noticed is that the random feature does not seem to be so random, for example, whenever I start the app the first image chosen is always the same, also I have around 100 wallpapers yet I always see the same 15 or 20, most of them I have never seen displayed...

Could you look into the random function to improve it?

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino likes this.
    03-03-13 10:37 AM
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3118847/BAR/...ne-2-v1.01.bar

This android port of telus rise and shine alarm app just did some functions I havent seen yet that you would be interested in Shao. It ran in the background enough to keep track of time and turn on the app when it was time to sound the alarm.
    03-03-13 11:21 PM
    Hey Shao, one thing I have noticed is that the random feature does not seem to be so random, for example, whenever I start the app the first image chosen is always the same, also I have around 100 wallpapers yet I always see the same 15 or 20, most of them I have never seen displayed...

Could you look into the random function to improve it?
    Funny you mention that Yesterday I was coding an option to disable wallpaper rotation so the app could just be used for the SuperBar (as some other requested). And I was looking at the random number generator and realized it wasn't being seeded correctly, so I've already fixed that up and I'll be submitting a new build this afternoon. Adding some more wallpaper packs to this version first.
    03-04-13 07:27 AM
    Funny you mention that Yesterday I was coding an option to disable wallpaper rotation so the app could just be used for the SuperBar (as some other requested). And I was looking at the random number generator and realized it wasn't being seeded correctly, so I've already fixed that up and I'll be submitting a new build this afternoon. Adding some more wallpaper packs to this version first.
    Excellent, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 12:09 PM
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3118847/BAR/...ne-2-v1.01.bar

This android port of telus rise and shine alarm app just did some functions I havent seen yet that you would be interested in Shao. It ran in the background enough to keep track of time and turn on the app when it was time to sound the alarm.
    So here's the interesting thing - Android apps on BB10 can run in the background without an active frame, but native apps cannot. I had thought about writing an Android app to "wake-up" Wallpaper Changer when it was time, but I couldn't find a way to make the communication between apps happen.
    Last edited by Shao128; 03-04-13 at 03:52 PM.
    03-04-13 03:31 PM
    I'm really anxious to get 2.2 out there. So first 5 or so ppl to pm me their bbid get early access
    03-04-13 05:21 PM
    Shao, I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your apps! You're by far my favorite dev on BB. Keep up the amazing work
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-05-13 12:13 AM
    I'm really anxious to get 2.2 out there. So first 5 or so ppl to pm me their bbid get early access
    I am in. What info do u need from me

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:22 AM
    Awesome Shao. Love the new update. Great app.
    Attached Thumbnails Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000148.jpg  
    03-05-13 12:59 PM
    Super bar rules. Within minutes I found myself peaking at it from within an app. Too bad it's dimmed when you peak at it. unlike the stock blackberry bar that drops down. Just a small detail I noticed. A must have feature for bb10

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dannyd86; 03-05-13 at 02:11 PM.
    03-05-13 01:48 PM
    Is version 2.1 out as BlackBerry world says no update for me?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 02:43 PM
    Shao what are the intervals for refreshing the weather? Is it dependent on the wallpaper rotation? I have the rotation set to off for the wallpaper
    03-05-13 04:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    PM Shao if he has any more first access to it.
    03-05-13 05:28 PM
    Shao, I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your apps! You're by far my favorite dev on BB. Keep up the amazing work
    Thank you!

2.1 and 2.2 are both awaiting approval. They'll most likely approve both at the same time so it will go right to 2.2 with all the new SuperBar features.

Shao what are the intervals for refreshing the weather? Is it dependent on the wallpaper rotation? I have the rotation set to off for the wallpaper
    Most of the time it will update once an hour, I made it that because it uses very little data, it doesn't need to pull a full forecast so thats the way I did it that way. It's also somewhat intelligent, in that if you are lower on battery it will drop the refresh to 1.5 - 2 hours (depending on the how low the battery level) based on an algorithm I wrote.
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    03-05-13 06:29 PM
    Love the 2.2 update Shao. I highly recommend this app to anyone wanting a great battery meter in the status bar and the amazing add on of the Super Bar. Absolutely no battery drain on any versions you have released including the latest 2.2

Great work and definitely worth the price to support Devs guys.
    03-05-13 06:45 PM
    This app is great, loving the new SuperBar!

One thing I have noticed however, is that when the phone is locked, if you have a 'light' coloured background, the SuperBar appears as a darker line near the top of the screen. I'm guessing this is because it is actually part of the wallpaper and designed so that it is the same colour as the header bar when the phone is unlocked?

Is there any way to make the SuperBar transparent? Perhaps just have a separator line underneath instead?
    03-06-13 04:46 AM
    Is there any way to make the SuperBar transparent? Perhaps just have a separator line underneath instead?
    Ya, I already have that on the list for a future update. Have quite a few more things I want to add, just need to work on some of my other apps for a couple weeks then I'll pick it up again.
    03-06-13 06:16 PM
    Since 2.2 is still awaiting approval I'll do the same thing I did a few days ago. Next few people that PM me their BBID will get 2.2 early
    03-08-13 07:39 AM
    Thanks Shao for the link to latest version of wallpaper changer HD. One question i wanted to ask is that in order for the battery percentage and superbar to be shown...the wallpaper changer option needs to be on right??. I mean it has to be an active app??

Secondly i have a wallpaper that i like using on my Z10 but if i put that in my folder where i downloaded some of your walls, it doesnt seem to work??. Do i need to re-size it so that it works with your app??. If so can you give me the exact dimensions so i can get it to work. It is a Z10 wallpaper and fits my z10 perfectly but for some odd reason it wont work with your app. Its a png format so dont know if thats causing the issue or what??

EDIT: So i changed the wallpaper format to jpg but still doesnt seem to work.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 03-08-13 at 09:20 AM.
    03-08-13 09:08 AM
    Thanks Shao for the link to latest version of wallpaper changer HD. One question i wanted to ask is that in order for the battery percentage and superbar to be shown...the wallpaper changer option needs to be on right??. I mean it has to be an active app??

Secondly i have a wallpaper that i like using on my Z10 but if i put that in my folder where i downloaded some of your walls, it doesnt seem to work??. Do i need to re-size it so that it works with your app??. If so can you give me the exact dimensions so i can get it to work. It is a Z10 wallpaper and fits my z10 perfectly but for some odd reason it wont work with your app. Its a png format so dont know if thats causing the issue or what??
    No resizing is needed in 2.2, it does it automatically now. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head, are the pictures on your memory card? There is an OS issue where 3rd party apps can't always read files from the memory card.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-08-13 09:30 AM
    No resizing is needed in 2.2, it does it automatically now. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head, are the pictures on your memory card? There is an OS issue where 3rd party apps can't always read files from the memory card.
    Thanks Shao for getting back to me so quickly...i did have the wallpaper on my sd card but i copied to the device memory although i still have it on my SD card.

What i have done is copy the wallpaper to the photos folder on the device memory, made sure the app is using the location where the wallpaper resides. I noticed that if i downloaded a wallpaper pack from your app, it saves them in the photo folder on the device.

At the moment its only one wallpaper in that folder so maybe the app doesnt work if its only one wallpaper rather than having a few??.

Im not a huge fan of having different wallpapers rotating on my screen, i only got this app for the battery percentage and superbar really.
    03-08-13 09:37 AM
    Ok looks like i might have solved my issue, i just re-downloaded a few wallpaper pack from the app then went into the photo folder where they are saved. Deleted all of them and just left the one i wanted to use. Opened the app up and made sure that my location is set to where the wallpaper is. Minimised the app and it seems to have fixed the problem where my own wallpaper wouldnt show the battery percentage or the superbar info. The other thing i did was press the cycle wall button and underneath it shows a pic of my wallpaper with the location so im hoping that its set like that now.

Hopefully that has fixed it, ive set the rotate to 5 mins and see if it changes back to what it was doing before. Hopefully ive fixed it somewhat.

Perhaps Shao you should have an option to turn off the wallpaper changer ie if people want to use just the battery percentage and superbar ie like me then they have that option. I dont know if thats possible with BB10 as i know alot of API's havent been opened up to devs.
    03-08-13 10:23 AM
    is there an option to not have the wallpaper change? i just want this app for the super status bar feature
    I would like to know this as well.
    03-08-13 10:50 AM
    Yes there is an option to disable rotation, click on the SuperBar settings.
    03-08-13 10:55 AM
    Ok all caught up now. Everyone who PMed me should now have instructions on how to get 2.2
    03-09-13 04:17 PM
1,097 ... 23456 ...