Most apps I've seen on iphone use a location code from the yahoo weather website For Calgary Alberta it is CAXX(something) maybe there is something similar? Or maybe u can get it from the built in app?

Someone mentioned an API that forces an active frame to remain open regardless of opening a 9th one. Some radio app uses this apparently? I can't find the post right now.. Anyways that would be a good option to include if it does exist? Let the user enable it or not?
    02-25-13 02:03 AM
    The app is not working for me, I put the path to my wallpapers (SD Card) but it doesn't show any photos in the preview screen nor does the wallpapers change.
    Shoot me an email support -at- shao-soft.com
    DeDonKJC likes this.
    02-25-13 07:42 AM
    Looks awesome, man!

Would that info be internet-sourced, or via locally installed apps?
    For example, is the weather info from a particular online service like Yahoo Weather or from the Weather app?
    I assume it's the former, as the latter would probably require another app to be an active frame as well.
    Thanks!

It's using Yahoo.

I got the update this morning and having the battery meter in the active frame is good but the ultimate goodness would come out of this new feature you are cooking and being able to run the app in the background, we can only hope BBRY is working on this...

I'm also curious, where do you get the weather data from? Is it provided by an OS API? If that is the case then it probably comes from acuweather, I believe that is the provider for the weather app that comes with the OS. A good idea would be to partner with the guys that make beWeather (best weather app in my opinion) to have the option to pull the data from it if it's installed so they match, I may help sales for both apps...

RSS feeds is a very good idea too.
    I'll talk to Bellshare again sometime soon. We worked together on the BBOS version of Wallpaper Changer and BeWeather and they worked well togther. For now I didn't want to have Wallpaper Changer be dependant on anything but itself.

Most apps I've seen on iphone use a location code from the yahoo weather website For Calgary Alberta it is CAXX(something) maybe there is something similar? Or maybe u can get it from the built in app?

Someone mentioned an API that forces an active frame to remain open regardless of opening a 9th one. Some radio app uses this apparently? I can't find the post right now.. Anyways that would be a good option to include if it does exist? Let the user enable it or not?
    Ya, it uses WOEIDs for the locations, but as the user you don't need to worry about those codes, just search and the app does the rest

I haven't heard anything about the 9th app, I'll do some research and see what I can find.
    dannyd86 likes this.
    02-25-13 07:50 AM
    Is that just on the background. In the perfect little gap or do you have the ability to manipulate the icon grid.
    Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 04:14 PM
    Is that just on the background. In the perfect little gap or do you have the ability to manipulate the icon grid.
    Posted via CB10
    Its the background but theres no way to tell the difference visually as you can see from the screen shots, theres no ability to manipulate the home screen from an app yet.
    Last edited by Shao128; 02-25-13 at 07:52 PM.
    02-25-13 07:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1/#post8032400
    There the user implies there is a way to make sure that the active frame doesn't close
    No idea abt how the code and BlackBerry system works but that's what I was talking about in my previous post
    My coding skills are pretty noob and only did stuff in c++ for school lol
    02-26-13 02:11 AM
    Just downloaded v2.0, great update and loving the app.

Can't wait for background app support so that we don't have to have the Active Frame open continuously!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 03:16 AM
    Version 2.1 has been submitted now with the new "SuperBar" feature. Hopefully it will get approved quickly again.
    dannyd86 likes this.
    02-26-13 04:23 PM
    I have seen there is an app announced that can show a different wallpaper for the lockscreen and home screen, it would be really cool if you could incorporate this as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:31 AM
    I have seen there is an app announced that can show a different wallpaper for the lockscreen and home screen, it would be really cool if you could incorporate this as well.
    Ya I've been thinking about that. In fact the code is already written and in version 2.1, I just need a good way to implement it. The thing I don't like is that the transition between the lock wallpaper and new wallpaper doesn't look that nice. It's not a smooth transition, after you unlock the new wallpaper "flashes", for lack of better term, on to the screen.
    02-27-13 07:24 AM
    I understand that it may not look too polished but I personally would accept that to get the different image, maybe it could just be an option with a small disclaimer about the flashing.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:03 PM
    Quick question before I purchase this..

Will the battery indicator / weather indicator in the new Superbar update stay active and running (with realtime updates) if the app's active frame is closed?
    02-27-13 02:54 PM
    Quick question before I purchase this..

Will the battery indicator / weather indicator in the new Superbar update stay active and running (with realtime updates) if the app's active frame is closed?
    not yet
    02-27-13 04:47 PM
    is there an option to not have the wallpaper change? i just want this app for the super status bar feature
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-27-13 08:52 PM
    Not sure if there is in 2.1 but not in version 2.0. You could just have a folder with 1 photo that it just keeps rotating though every 10 hours.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 12:34 AM
    Curious what there referring too in the OS update in 3rd party app support? Could it be running in the background

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:17 AM
    Just submitted version 2.2 with some awesome new SuperBar features. Will post some screenshots a little later.
    03-01-13 01:20 PM
    Coming in version 2.2:
    DX9, dietertong and EsJayDee like this.
    03-01-13 02:46 PM
    That looks fantastic, love the idea of being able to monitor the ram etc,cant wait for the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 03:26 PM
    Looks great Shao. Probably will take BlackBerry at least 5 days. Looks like it takes them long to approve updates for all apps
    03-01-13 03:58 PM
    Does this work by redrawing the wallpaper jpg file for every number update? If so, wouldn't that hit the battery a lot? Apparently not since no one is complaining about it but just curious!
    03-01-13 08:55 PM
    I have been using this app for about a week and a half. Have not seen any drain whatsoever
    03-01-13 09:43 PM
    Great, thanks. I am looking forward to the update.

Posted via CB10
    I had this problem too... in BBWorld, go to MyWorld, then Apps/Games, and refresh the list under "Available" and they should appear there for you to download into the device.
    03-02-13 08:00 PM
    wow dont have a Z10 yet but this app looks very good !! very good job dev !
    03-03-13 06:55 AM
    Yeah I broke down and bought it too
    Amazingly there is no noticeable drain increase... way to go Shao! Can't wait for the upcoming changes.

Shao: One suggestion... Might sound silly for a 'wallpaper changer' app, but can you add an option to never change the wallpaper? (i.e. I don't want the app to change my wallpaper after I have chosen it. I am using this app mostly for the battery % and other cool stuff you will be allowing to be drawn on the wallpaper).
    03-03-13 06:59 AM
1,097 12345 ...