Thanks but if I chose background how would I stop the app once it was running? Also can you specify a specific folder to just use instead of just the pictures folder as I wouldn't want all my photos on my lockscreen?

Posted via CB10
    If the app is running in the background but closed, to stop it, you would go into the app and change the option so that it doesn't run in the background I assume.

You can browse to a specific folder within the app itself.

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    02-18-13 04:12 AM
    If the app is running in the background but closed, to stop it, you would go into the app and change the option so that it doesn't run in the background I assume.

You can browse to a specific folder within the app itself.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks that does make sense. Good news about the specific folder as well,this does sound a very good app that I think I will buy.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 07:11 AM
    Hi Shao, Love this app, thank you!

Not sure if anyone has reported this already but for some reason the battery indicator is going off the screen like in the screenshot below, then suddenly it gets fixed, not sure how to reproduce it...

BTW, backsidetailslide suggestion on displaying today's date is a great idea! I miss this a lot...
    Attached Thumbnails Wallpaper Changer HD now with Battery Percent, SuperBar, Weather and more!-img_00000031.jpg  
    02-18-13 01:32 PM
    Hi Shao, Love this app, thank you!

Not sure if anyone has reported this already but for some reason the battery indicator is going off the screen like in the screenshot below, then suddenly it gets fixed, not sure how to reproduce it...

BTW, backsidetailslide suggestion on displaying today's date is a great idea! I miss this a lot...
    That will happen if the wallpaper isn't sized to 768x1280, it needs to be the exact size.

I'm looking into adding the date as well
    02-18-13 05:07 PM
    Hmm, not seeing the update, and haven't seen any other app updates in a while. Is still going through the BlackBerry World approvals process?
    02-19-13 08:12 AM
    Hmm, not seeing the update, and haven't seen any other app updates in a while. Is still going through the BlackBerry World approvals process?
    Which version are you seeing? 1.2.11 is the current one that is approved by BB. 2.0 is awaiting approval (with the new active frame).
    02-19-13 04:19 PM
    Which version are you seeing? 1.2.11 is the current one that is approved by BB. 2.0 is awaiting approval (with the new active frame).
    That's the version I have. Just eagerly awaiting v2.0!
    02-19-13 04:36 PM
    That will happen if the wallpaper isn't sized to 768x1280, it needs to be the exact size.
    Totally makes sense, I should have tough about it... Resized all images and now working just fine, thanks! so doesn't BB10 automatically stretch / resize the image when you make them a wallpaper?

Also, does it normally take so much for BBRY to approve an update? I understand for new apps but updates should be faster, maybe because you made it a mayor version update (from 1.x to 2.0)?
    02-20-13 12:12 AM
    I had purchased the app and a couple of the wallpaper packs but after having to reset my device trying to get link to backup my Z10 and failing. After re-installing your app I attempted to re-download the packs I already paid for and it verifies that I have paid for them but they won't download. I just get a message that they have already been paid for. Is this a BlackBerry Wold or app issue. I have another app that I had downloaded additional items for and I had no problem re-downloading after BB World confirmed that I had paid for them.
    02-20-13 03:46 PM
    Also, does it normally take so much for BBRY to approve an update? I understand for new apps but updates should be faster, maybe because you made it a mayor version update (from 1.x to 2.0)?
    At this point its like rolling a dice. Ive had apps approved in 24 hours, others weeks. It should be first submitted - first approved, but that isn't happening.
    02-20-13 05:19 PM
    I had purchased the app and a couple of the wallpaper packs but after having to reset my device trying to get link to backup my Z10 and failing. After re-installing your app I attempted to re-download the packs I already paid for and it verifies that I have paid for them but they won't download. I just get a message that they have already been paid for. Is this a BlackBerry Wold or app issue. I have another app that I had downloaded additional items for and I had no problem re-downloading after BB World confirmed that I had paid for them.
    There is a bug with the BB Payment API, I caught it too and it's fixed in 2.0 as well. So once 2.0 is approved youll be able to download them again (at no charge).
    02-20-13 07:39 PM
    Great, thanks. I am looking forward to the update.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 10:11 PM
    Hi Shao, great to see you're right in there with the BB10 apps!
    Sorry to be annoying, but noticed a minor mistake in the BB World listing. In your screenshot showing the battery meter it states percentage can placed above or below the meter. Should probably say beside or below.

PS my Z10 really wants me to call you Shaw. Let's see how long it takes to learn Shao...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 02:05 PM
    Totally makes sense, I should have tough about it... Resized all images and now working just fine, thanks! so doesn't BB10 automatically stretch / resize the image when you make them a wallpaper?
    I imagine WPC applies the battery percentage to the wallpaper first, then hands off to display. Display then zoomed the image to fit since wasn't right ratio.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 02:14 PM
    Downloaded the app. Hate that the active frame is open. Will be nice when apps start playing in the background. I had like 20 utility apps on BB07 tweaking the OS experience

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:45 PM
    Downloaded the app. Hate that the active frame is open. Will be nice when apps start playing in the background. I had like 20 utility apps on BB07 tweaking the OS experience
    Ya it's unfortunate thats the way it is right now. I really dislike keeping apps open as well, thats why in v2.0 I added the battery meter to the active frame so it's at least some useful info. But as soon as the background support is added to BB10 the same day I'll add it to Wallpaper Changer
    02-22-13 06:55 PM
    While working on adding the date feature that has been requested a couple times in this thread I made a major breakthrough and I've got something much better planned now I'll post a preview later tonight when I get most of the code up and running.
    02-23-13 04:32 PM
    Aaarrrrgghhh... the suspense!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:26 PM
    Ok here we go:

Still a bit of work to do, but it's coming along nicely I think.
    kam2958 likes this.
    02-23-13 10:13 PM
    Looks awesome dude! Great job!

They have not even released the update with the battery meter on the active frame, hopefully you can put this up for approval soon so we can have it in a week or two :-(...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:09 PM
    They have not even released the update with the battery meter on the active frame, hopefully you can put this up for approval soon so we can have it in a week or two :-(...
    The update was approved last night, 2.0 is now available, check for updates in BB World and you can get it.
    02-24-13 12:40 PM
    Here's a few more shots of what will be coming:

I'm thinking about making the weather area customizable. So you can select what info you want there from a bunch of different choices. Thinking RSS feeds might be good one. Anyone got ideas?
    Last edited by Shao128; 02-24-13 at 07:59 PM.
    02-24-13 07:41 PM
    The app is not working for me, I put the path to my wallpapers (SD Card) but it doesn't show any photos in the preview screen nor does the wallpapers change.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-24-13 11:03 PM
    I'm thinking about making the weather area customizable. So you can select what info you want there from a bunch of different choices. Thinking RSS feeds might be good one. Anyone got ideas?
    Looks awesome, man!

Would that info be internet-sourced, or via locally installed apps?
    For example, is the weather info from a particular online service like Yahoo Weather or from the Weather app?
    I assume it's the former, as the latter would probably require another app to be an active frame as well.
    02-24-13 11:24 PM
    I got the update this morning and having the battery meter in the active frame is good but the ultimate goodness would come out of this new feature you are cooking and being able to run the app in the background, we can only hope BBRY is working on this...

I'm also curious, where do you get the weather data from? Is it provided by an OS API? If that is the case then it probably comes from acuweather, I believe that is the provider for the weather app that comes with the OS. A good idea would be to partner with the guys that make beWeather (best weather app in my opinion) to have the option to pull the data from it if it's installed so they match, I may help sales for both apps...

RSS feeds is a very good idea too.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 11:41 PM
1,097 1234 ...