Agreed and at least from the point of view of my family members still on BB10, they're waiting to get a KeyOne when and if it officially comes to Mexico at a reasonable price. So far there's only a third party offering it at around 18,000-20,000 pesos, which is practically twice the price of the device in the US, so it's a no-go at the moment. As a comparison, it's more expensive than what this same store offered the PRIV after it's official launch...

I'd be very happy if the blog's rumour is confirmed, as it'll save me time helping out with a temporary workaround for them, but won't hold my breath either...

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  PRIV (6.0.1)
    Exactly!
    06-17-17 07:11 PM
    Hello everyone,

I'm not sure whether I should start a new thread so thought I would post this here first.

I installed the Android WA client and Waat-a-fix on my Passport running 10.3.2.2876 and all is well: I can send photos (sometimes need to Retry once or twice), voice notes and texts, and receive all including videos which I can open and even share to BBM.

I then installed the Android WA client and Waat-a-fix on my brother's Passport running 10.3.3 and I can send voice notes and texts and receive all, but cannot send photos. I've tried every single way. Retried as many times as I could. Nothing.

I've been using the paid version of Waat-a-fix, haven't sideloaded the one I found elsewhere on Crackberry as I thought the one in BBW would be newer or generally better.

I was wondering whether there is anything I could do about this or maybe it is already a known issue?

Also I tried the symlink technique which worked on my Passport too but haven't been able to try it on my brother's. He's so busy I only get a few hours to work on his.

Any insight or help with this would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance to everyone reading this.

(Note, I exported media and conversations from the BB10 WA client onto the SD card, then oved the WhatsApp folder to /device/misc/android and the Android WA client duly found it and restored all messages and media flawlessly, both on my 10.3.2 device and my brother's 10.3.3. He had thousands of messages and 8GB of media and all got moved over and imported.)
    06-23-17 09:05 AM
    And about the BB10 WA client's life having been extended to 31 Dec, not a rumour any more... see the WhatsApp page in BlackBerry World: 'changed client end of life date to December 31st, 2017.' Will save me some work setting up Android WA clients on the BB10 devices I manage.

Politics.
    06-23-17 09:24 AM
    WAA Fixer works perfectly every time for me on my Z10. Thanks again for maintaining this very important project!
    How do you install the WAA fixer
    08-17-17 04:07 PM
    How do you install the WAA fixer
    Sideload.
    Using any sideload tool like sachesi, dbbt or chrome, sideload the app into your bb10 device.
    08-19-17 04:53 PM
    Sorry, I don't know how...
    Any one who knows how to convert .bar to .apk?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 06:25 AM
    Waa fixer
    08-21-17 06:27 AM
    Thanks for valuable suggestion.
    01-15-18 08:35 PM
    Bb 10 is a curse, can't move on to other devices, I guess i'll be stuck to my z30 for ever
    01-17-18 12:15 AM
    Bb 10 is a curse, can't move on to other devices, I guess i'll be stuck to my z30 for ever
    I am moving back to my Passport this weekend to see if I will be happy again. This Oneplus 3T is just blah due to full touch screen and Android.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-08-18 at 12:16 AM.
    goncal likes this.
    02-03-18 11:41 AM
    I am moving back to my Passport this weekend to see if I will be happy again. This Oneplus 3T is just blah due to full touch screen and Android.
    I'm back on my Passport since yesterday too, just to see if whatsapp with the fixer will do it for me.
    Man! I love that keyboard.

Sadly, the stupid whatsapp is a must for work and messaging here in my country.
    02-08-18 06:44 PM
    I'm back on my Passport since yesterday too, just to see if whatsapp with the fixer will do it for me.

I think I need to either re install Whatsapp and try the fixer again. I only have one friend left on Whatsapp since I've move the rest allover to Telegram X so I'm not too concerned.
    I know I don't like to text as much since leaving the Passport. That may be a good thing lol.
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    02-08-18 08:12 PM

I was in the same situation ...in my country Whatsapp is a widespread "disease". have to use for work for all...but sadly my Passport SE just did not work seamless with it...
    finally Went to a KEYONE and now working perfectly looking back...among other apps and such insane battery life. No issues with anything just install and GO. At the end it was the closest and best transition from the great Passport SE.
    good luck!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-08-18 09:46 PM
    Has there been an update for the Whatsapp fixer lately. I was going to uninstall mine and try over to see if I can try to get pictures to work again but wanted to try the latest updated version.
    02-09-18 01:17 PM
    Has there been an update for the Whatsapp fixer lately. I was going to uninstall mine and try over to see if I can try to get pictures to work again but wanted to try the latest updated version.
    Do give it a long time to apply the fix as it needs to move all media from internal to SD before applying the fix. It should work.
    02-09-18 04:38 PM
    Just installed the latest APK and applied the WhatsFixer. Everything worked well for photos until I tried a GIF and I suspect that broke the media sharing.
    I then uninstalled and rebooted then did the whole process over again. As long as I do not attempt to send a GIF everything seems to work fine.

I heard that the camera doesn't work within the app but min works just fine and it sends no problem

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-13-18 at 05:48 PM.
    02-12-18 07:54 PM
141 ... 456