Hi guys,

CorePlayer is a complete media player. Who owned a Windows Mobile or Symbian knows that CorePlayer (ex BetaPlayer) was one of the best video player out there. Betaplayer was my favorite video player on WM.

The team behind CorePlayer is willing to support the Blackberry platform if they see that there are users interested in the app.

If you want them to bring the app to our phones please vote! (hopefully a NATIVE app and not an Android port)

Make CorePlayer for Blackberry available in Blackberry App World €“ CoreCodec Support

Thanks!
    05-20-14 03:42 PM
    I want to help you but I will I be spammed?

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    05-20-14 03:45 PM

I cannot comment on that since I have no connection with CoreCodec team.
    They just responded me to an old tweet and I've replied them it would be nice if they support BB too.
    05-20-14 04:19 PM
    stock player is fine, but core player was my fav app back in the WM days. if they can utilise the DLNA function of the Z10 i would gladly pay them $10 for an app.
    05-20-14 04:24 PM
    Okay done

05-20-14 04:44 PM
    Our new customer support portal is powered by UserVoice. They don't spam, and neither do we.
    05-20-14 04:58 PM
    Our new customer support portal is powered by UserVoice. They don't spam, and neither do we.
    Thats great thanks. Great to have a dev rep in CB! Welcome hope you see how passionate we are about our BlackBerries.

05-20-14 05:37 PM
    I can definitely see the passion here. Do you find that applications using the Android compatibility layer have problems compared to native apps?
    05-20-14 05:44 PM
    I can definitely see the passion here. Do you find that applications using the Android compatibility layer have problems compared to native apps?
    Voted too. Please not an android version.

I personally have a rule I don't pay for android ports. Free? Sure I will try it but don't keep many of those either.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:49 PM
    They don't often have compatibility problems but always use more battery and don't always fit the bb10 os very well

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:52 PM
    Nothing beats native cascades but that said BB10s android runtime has improved with every update we receive.

There seems to be inconsistencies with android apps, some work great even with the older runtime and some stutter, slow and some just plan dont work.

With the latest android runtime more and more apps perform acceptably well.

But please make it native.

05-20-14 05:56 PM
    What would you say is the biggest weakness in terms of the players out there right now for BlackBerry? What can be improved?
    05-20-14 06:40 PM
    What would you say is the biggest weakness in terms of the players out there right now for BlackBerry? What can be improved?
    Since we have the android runtime we have been able to use most of the media players offered on android. Those tend to have performance problems or in my case with VLC player it tends to stay open in the background eating up battery even though I have closed it.

Many native media players found on BlackBerry world use the official OS codec which is decent but has limited support namely mkv. 264, some dont output to HDMI properly, some are too expensive and some dont have network support (cannot play from password protected NAS)

Thats just from the top of my head

05-20-14 06:55 PM
    Ac3 support, audio video enhancement.
    BBFanatic4Life likes this.
    05-20-14 07:01 PM
    I would love to see a full featured native media player. For me it comes down to some of the audio codecs that aren't supported. So they'll support the video but not the audio, usually Ac3 or some surround sound codec, and it'll stop the video from playing. The performance of android ports are hit and miss and just don't offer nearly the same smoothness that native Cascades apps would offer.

I'm definitely going to vote for this.
    05-20-14 08:10 PM
    Sorry $10 is too much for ANY app. The stock player does the job for me.

stock player is fine, but core player was my fav app back in the WM days. if they can utilise the DLNA function of the Z10 i would gladly pay them $10 for an app.
    05-20-14 08:28 PM
    I would down $10 for an app that supports additional codecs over what the native OS supports. MKV is not the issue and neither is MP4. Those are mere containers. I transcode and mux/demux at the enthusiast level (ffmpeg-git, mencoder from mplayer-svn, mkvtoolnix, x264-git and more - all custom compiled - on *nix) so include me if and when you need beta testers!
    05-20-14 09:59 PM
    Needed feature to add subtitles. More codec support. Native one. Also free

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    05-20-14 10:12 PM
    Kate, some people (myself included) don't rely on android apps because of performance and battery life issues.
    Plus with a native cascade app you can jump faster to a section..

So we need a native cascade app and not an android port!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 03:25 AM
    FYI, my $10 comment was directed towards a native app. No Android port, please. No need to go any slower.
    05-23-14 07:03 AM
    The stock player relies on OS Rotation setting to do landscape, being a video player, it should be able to do landscape much like any other player. I always lock my OS to portrait.

There are so many android player that works, one of my favorite is MXPlayer which has a very cool way to forward/rewind and brightness control. But nothing beat having a native one.

Would love to see a native player that...
    *plays a wide range of video format
    *can do fix landscape/portrait
    *can in/decrease brightness independent of OS setting
    *can increase volume more than the 100% for those video with very low recorded volume
    *can load subtitle
    *can load video from network (smb)
    *can zoom in/out
    *continue in background even when minimize into active frame (sound only)
    *easy forward/rewind (ala mx player)
    *show only basic control when video is played on big screen (miracast/microhdmi) to save batt
    *have option to view files under hidden folders (nomedia)
    *option to continue where it left off
    *streams video from internet
    *plays video even in active frame (small scale video)... maybe asking too much
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    05-23-14 07:22 AM
    DLNA support. Stream videos from cloud e.g. Google Drive or better, SopCast url support. :P
    05-25-14 09:20 PM
    Please vote for it!!!
    05-26-14 03:24 AM
    We need more support from crackberry

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    05-26-14 05:02 AM
    done

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    05-26-14 05:09 AM