Do you think vine will come to BlackBerry? Or even be able to sideload?

White BlackBerry z10
    06-04-13 11:19 PM
    Do you think vine will come to BlackBerry? Or even be able to sideload?

White BlackBerry z10
    Here's a new article discussing Vine's (Twitter's) plans for the app - Will Vine Finally Make It To BlackBerry? - PimpMyBerry
    06-04-13 11:23 PM
    It would be nice to see Vine on BB10, that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 11:53 PM
    I hope if comes to BlackBerry 10 that would be clutch for BB10

White BlackBerry z10
    06-05-13 12:09 AM
    There is an Android version of Vine available now. Just sayin'.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:45 AM
    I feel like Vine will be like Instagram...both owned by parent companies (Twitter, Facebook) whose applications are already on BB10 and aren't up to par with iOS and Android.

BlackBerry needs to be doing whatever it takes to get these two apps onboard (which they're probably doing, at least for Instagram...I hope). Right now, Vine is still getting big... people are kinda not sure how to use it or might not "get it," just as many people were (and still are) about Twitter, and then Instagram.

Hopefully BlackBerry can get these apps, before people are like, "Is that the new BlackBerry?! Wow. It's nice. Does it have Instagram and Vine?" It's bad enough that we don't have Instagram...BlackBerry can't afford to have too many more absences of major social networking apps.
    H_O_Boomaye and Gelzz like this.
    06-05-13 12:59 AM
    Add Pinterest to the List. All the girls around me are using Pinterest. I know at least one that ditched her BlackBerry because it did not have Pinterest. My girlfriend still rocks a BB7 and she has been asking me why Blackberry does not have Pinterest.I sideloaded the android version on her Playbook and that has alleviated her desire for now..

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:36 AM
    Twitter doesn't even make the twitter app for BB lol....I highly doubt Vine comes to BB10 any time soon
    06-05-13 02:54 AM
    Tout : 15 secs
    Keek: videos (don't remember the exact time)
    Why Vine? Because is from Twitter? I don't see the point uploading a 6seconds video.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 03:21 AM
    Tout : 15 secs
    Keek: videos (don't remember the exact time)
    Why Vine? Because is from Twitter? I don't see the point uploading a 6seconds video.

Posted via CB10
    The point is, like Twitter.. You have a very short amount of allowed time/characters. They have done studies, and 6 seconds is the preferred amount of time alotted for what they are aiming on accomplishing with a video sharing type of app that is intertwined with Twitter. There is no denying the simple beauty and simplicity of Vine either.. Its a very short video being played over and over, you have one option.. to turn the sound on or off. Having such limited time available, some amazingly artistic creations are able to be formed. And honestly, if it's a stupid video, you wasted 6 seconds of your life.. not much more time than it takes to read a pointless tweet. The video recorder is very interesting too.. You record by holding down your finger, and it pauses when you let go.. This makes for amazingly simple stop animation type effects to happen. Much easier than pressing a "record/pause/record/pause" button.

The most important aspect of it all, though, is that it is a new technology.. A new fad, just as Facebook was, and Twitter is. I don't think Twitter is going ANYWHERE, but once it started blowing up, didn't everyone want to jump aboard? Just as Instagram did, and others. I want Vine because all of my friends are using it, and I'm one of the few that can't. Not to mention, I converted many friends to BB10, and they went from being able to Vine, to not being able to Vine. They are quite annoyed by it, but are willing to wait a reasonable amount of time.

So vine is more than just a "6 second video app like all the rest", there is more to it. And honestly, if you can't see what's special about Vine, then you simply are not their target market, and you probably wont ever "get" it, just as my mom and step dad don't "understand" Twitter, and simply never will.
    H_O_Boomaye, Fnen90 and Gelzz like this.
    06-05-13 03:51 AM
    I know this means absolutely nothing, but this is an email I got back from support after emailing them about BB10 support. It wouldn't hurt if all of you guys emailed them about coming to BB10.. They are simply moving priority to what has the most demand/users.. Hopefully if we request it enough, Vine will come as a native app to BB10 before it will Windows phone, and hopefully as an Android port in the mean time (once JellyBean comes to BB10).

"Hi!

Thanks for the feedback! I've shared it with the team. We are always looking to our users to help us determine what to work on next, so feedback such as yours is very helpful. We hope to incorporate your feedback soon! Follow @vineapp for updates.

If you wish to report an issue with the service, please send your request to [email protected]. If you are reporting a copyright issue, please send your request to [email protected]. If you are reporting an issue with abusive behavior, please send your request to [email protected].

Thanks!
    Vine Support
    [email protected]"
    06-05-13 03:53 AM
    Here's a new article discussing Vine's (Twitter's) plans for the app - Will Vine Finally Make It To BlackBerry? - PimpMyBerry
    Thank you for trying, but that article literally said nothing.
    It basically reported that yes, vine does in fact exist.
    06-05-13 09:40 AM
    This is just like Instagram. Except posting pictures, you post a 6 seconds vids. I have IG but i don't take crap load of pictures like other people but this Vine app sounds more fun. Bring it to BlackBerry!
    06-05-13 02:01 PM
    Vine eye works well for viewing and searching

No posting.
    06-09-13 08:10 AM
    It does store your last viewed vine in your videos recently added section though.
    06-09-13 10:31 AM
    Thank you for trying, but that article literally said nothing.
    It basically reported that yes, vine does in fact exist.
    The article confirms that Vine is currently being integrated into other platforms. Obviously there is no release date, yet. But my reply definitely answers the "is it coming" question.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:03 AM
    I emailed Vine last week about it, and got a response of "We are currently working to bring it to more platforms". No timeline, no mention of Blackberry even being on of the platforms they're working on.
    06-10-13 11:06 AM
    The article confirms that Vine is currently being integrated into other platforms. Obviously there is no release date, yet. But my reply definitely answers the "is it coming" question.

Posted via CB10
    It does not answer the is it coming to bb10 question.
    Try again
    06-10-13 11:39 AM
    It does not answer the is it coming to bb10 question.
    Try again
    Obviously no one knows if it's even coming to BlackBerry. Don't rag on me for trying to give what I know. This forum isn't for ******** at people just because you don't agree. Move on.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 04:48 PM
    Obviously no one knows if it's even coming to BlackBerry. Don't rag on me for trying to give what I know. This forum isn't for ******** at people just because you don't agree. Move on.

Posted via CB10
    At the time of your posting vine was out for android already. The article was published at a time when vine in android was already announced.
    So your article did exactly what I said in the first post.
    06-10-13 07:41 PM
    So can you record with these Vine side load apps?

Posted via CB10 with STL 100-3, BB Z10
    06-11-13 05:39 AM
    So can you record with these Vine side load apps?

Posted via CB10 with STL 100-3, BB Z10
    No you can't. Only the official vine app can.
    06-11-13 05:54 AM
    I have reported the post
    08-01-13 10:37 AM
    Kinda find it out, don't download folks!
    08-01-13 12:09 PM
28 12