Just a call out for mireo. Downloaded this with UK map. It's not free, just a fee trial, but I will be buying after trial. Beautiful graphics, great voice, very nice UI, nice petrol station feature, very fast. Map takes 15 mins to Download but to me thus is worth it for speed and reliability afterwards. Only downside it seems to be quite battery hungry, but I guess they will work on that.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 04:57 AM
    yeah it is a VERY good app. Amazing amount of detail.
    03-23-13 02:05 PM
    Does anyone know what the price is after trial is over? It is an amazing app..true offline (tried with my mobile & data connections off..and it worked like a charm!). I am using North American maps.

Just wanted to know what the price is so I do not get a sticker shock if I do want to get the full version
    03-23-13 04:23 PM
    It's a very nice app. Wish you could store the map data on the sd card. The North American map pack was 2+Gb...yikes

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by All4BeSpinnin; 03-23-13 at 06:30 PM.
    03-23-13 04:26 PM
    Does anyone know what the price is after trial is over? It is an amazing app..true offline (tried with my mobile & data connections off..and it worked like a charm!). I am using North American maps.

Just wanted to know what the price is so I do not get a sticker shock if I do want to get the full version
    I think I saw the North American map price of 19.99 in the store.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 04:27 PM
    Really good app but froze on me twice, one of the times requiring me to pull off the road to reset it. Maps are fluid and very responsive. I also found out that if I took a different turn than the one it suggested, it didn't always recalibrate with the alternate route. Actually, one of the times it froze was a result of this kind of action.

Also, the NA map needs the NA touch:

* Replace "motorway" with "hiway"
    * Directions should actually say "North, South, East, or West" instead of, for example, "401 W", "401 E" etc.
    * Actual "reading" of street names would be nice
    * NA voice would also be nice though the British one is good.
    03-23-13 07:42 PM
    A recent post on Mireo's FB page is a tutorial on how to get and change the voice languages in dont panic.

Cool daily pics too.

http://www.facebook.com/MireoGPS
    03-27-13 05:10 AM
    Also downloaded with a trial map. Lets see how it performs in real life.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    03-27-13 06:27 AM
    +1 on Mireo it's fantastic, I downloaded the Western Europe Map rather than the UK, I think it was a very reasonable �13 or so.

Well pleased with it.

As others have mentioned it'd be nice if the data could be stored on the SD card but hey **, I'm just happy to have a professional grade sat nav solution!
    03-27-13 09:17 AM
    Downloaded. App look really polished and a native app..then I realize it has no Asia maps...hope it will provide Asia maps soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 10:11 AM
    No South African maps

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 11:54 AM
    email the developers, they responded very quickly to a question I had, they may have a time frame on maps?
    03-27-13 12:13 PM
    app 8.5/10
    dev support 10/10

Best offline navigation app available for BB10 hands down
    Among top 5 including apps for iphone/android (and I have tested close to 30 in total)
    03-27-13 12:28 PM
    This is the ONLY GPS app I want right now and it's not supported in Trinidad & Tobago. I emailed support and got prompt responses. I really hope they extend support to the Caribbean...

I bought an on device map from SKYLAB Mobilesystems that doesn't work properly, no reply from their customer support line either...
    03-27-13 02:47 PM
    I wrote to the developer asking if they would release Asia maps. I got a response back in under one hour that they will soon. This is called customer support!

Posted via CB10
    Sergeant_Im likes this.
    03-27-13 07:43 PM
    I also tried Mireo and I gotta say it's actually impressive. But since I installed it and looked for a route just to try it, my GPS mark has been visible (on gray) on the top of the Z10 and it looked to me that the battery was drianing quite fast. Why this happened?
    03-29-13 09:08 AM
    This is the ONLY GPS app I want right now and it's not supported in Trinidad & Tobago. I emailed support and got prompt responses. I really hope they extend support to the Caribbean...

I bought an on device map from SKYLAB Mobilesystems that doesn't work properly, no reply from their customer support line either...
    actually, Nogago has a quite impressive app as well which is supported in Trinidad & Tobago!
    03-29-13 11:00 AM
    I also tried Mireo and I gotta say it's actually impressive. But since I installed it and looked for a route just to try it, my GPS mark has been visible (on gray) on the top of the Z10 and it looked to me that the battery was drianing quite fast. Why this happened?
    Figured this out last night. The menu has an option to exit the application. It then turns gps off.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:24 AM
    Come to think of it. Anyone buy the traffic feature? Any review of it?

I'm still in trial.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:05 AM