Hey guys, i'm just wondering if anyone knows how I can give a presentation wirelessly from my BlackBerry to a computer that's connected to a projector.

Does PlayOn work wirelessly from my Berry to laptop?

Do I have to use an hdmi cable?

Can I use wifi direct?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:28 AM
    When I tried hitting "Play on" it asked for an HDMI cable.

Once WiFi direct is actually full on, I am quite sure it will take advantage of that. Also Miracast for devices that are compatible.

As ofr the laptop, I think you'll need software to actually get the feed from the phone to show on the computer's screen.
    11-14-13 11:37 AM
    Hey guys, i'm just wondering if anyone knows how I can give a presentation wirelessly from my BlackBerry to a computer that's connected to a projector.

Does PlayOn work wirelessly from my Berry to laptop?

Do I have to use an hdmi cable?

Can I use wifi direct?

Posted via CB10
    To view presentations - you need either to use HDMI cable - OR you can also use a Miracast capable device and do it wireless

I have started to carry around a small tiny P2TV3000 which is nothing but a simple Miracast receiver, and only need to be powered over a USB connection (to TV if it supports) - and I now do most my presentations directly from my Q10 instead of a big laptop.
    (The P2TV needs to connect to TV/Projector via HDMI which most recent models have - if projector does not support HDMI - you need adapters etc..)

There are many Miracast devices to choose from - from $20 and up... some simple, some with other multimedia features.

For me, the beta version of BlackBerry Express seems to deliver quicker and smoother than the "old" presentation app that comes with BB10,
    and it handles the output as a separate screen - maximizing the output to fit - and not only "mirror" the screen on the phone.
    11-14-13 01:00 PM