My phone was encrypted. Tonight I decrypted just to see how long it would take, then I encrypted it again. No big deal and no problem until I went to use Money Plus.

I couldn't sign in to the program, which I have passworded. I KNOW the password is correct. There is no message, nothing, except my phone jumps back to the home page.!!!!!!!!!! ( the app icon is on my second screen)

I rebooted the phone, physical off/on with the same result. Decrypting and encrypting should have nothing to do with an app. Please tell me this app hasn't essentially tanked and I've lost all my set-up and data!
    02-01-14 11:46 PM
    Updating my experience.

I've deleted and reinstalled the app in an attempt to regain access to my files. No luck.

Other non-native apps were not affected, only this one. I'm not sure what decryption and encryption did to the data file, but it essentially tanked my access to it. I think this is pretty serious considering it's financial data.
    02-02-14 09:39 AM
    Money Plus stores your data in a sqlite database in application's private data directory, no encryption is involved (at application level) but only the application has access to it. Encrypting your data through BlackBerry settings is OS feature - it is transparent to our application - application always accesses the data directory directly without encryption (OS encrypts/decrypts in background). One possible cause would be at the time you selected to encrypt your data you had Money Plus running, which effectively locks the data file and prevents access, which corrupted it?

Deleting the app removes the application's private directory therefore your data will be gone.

We have a backup feature inside the app which should be used on regular basis to make copy of the application data to a location you choose. You need to guard that backup (for obvious reasons). But in event something like this happens, you can simply delete the app, reinstall from BlackBerry World and restore the latest backup.

You can also contact us via email ([email protected]) if you need additional help.
    02-11-14 10:01 PM
    Neither encryption nor decryption were performed with the app open, so rule that out.

Neither the originally installed app nor its downloaded replacement would open any of the backup files. Same issue; namely, login caused a jump to the home screen.

"simply delete the app, reinstall from BlackBerry World and restore the latest backup."
    That's exactly what I did, read paragraph above.

This is not a password issue, nor encryption issue. It's an app issue.
    02-14-14 09:44 AM
    I see. We have an existing issue #46: "App crashes after entering password (intermittent)".
    Our developers have been trying to resolve it but we cannot reproduce it consistently enough across multiple test devices we use. I will bump the priority of this issue.

Now, if you have a backup file on your pc, you can download SQLIte Studio (or any other sqlite editor), drag the backup file to the editor window so it opens it. The backup is just a normal sqlite database. Look for the tblConfiguration table and set the password value to null. Load the file back to Money Plus and you will regain access to your data.

As I mentioned before and we have information about this in the application, your backup file contains all your Money Plus data in clear text (in future we add option to encrypt it) therefore you have to use extra measures to protect it.

Hope this helps.
    02-14-14 10:09 AM
    Thanks for your response.

I don't have a SQLite editor, and quite frankly, don't intend to employ a recovery method as an accepted "price of doing business " procedure to use an app.

Because the issue arose only *after* the encryption and decryption, one or the other, or a combination, must have had some effect on the password field, since validation code is the first interface with the user.

The app definitely rejected an incorrect password, as I tested it and received the error message. It accepted the correct password, but jumped back to the home screen.

The only additional character in a password field that would not cause a validation error would be a null space.

So, if the field was validated as nullspacepassword or passwordnullspace, then we pass the app's password validation, but might a null character cause a program to jump in other ways? Like display?

I love system dumps. Hard errors are easy to fix. Soft errors like these are enough to drive one to drink.
    02-14-14 12:18 PM