Hi there!

I just want to introduce my newest app, called Upload To Flickr. Upload To Flickr allows you to easily upload your photos and videos to Flickr. It offers a clear and functional user interface to upload multiple files at once and keeps you informed about the uploading state. The app integrates seamlessly into the BlackBerry 10 sharing menu, so you can share your photos and videos directly from other apps as well (e.g. from the BlackBerry Photo and Video app)!

On Flickr, everyone gets 1000GB of free storage, enough space for more than 500,000 photos. You can mark your photos as private and only you can see them, or you can share them with your family, friends or just with everyone. Now you can save a lifetime of memories in one place.

Features:
    - upload photos to Flickr
    - upload videos to Flickr
    - upload multiple files at once
    - add files directly to an album
    - configure visibility and other important settings for the upload
    - integrated into BlackBerry 10 sharing menu
    - clean and functional user interface

The basic version of this app is available for free. Some premium features (uploading videos, uploading multiple files at once, uploading to specific album) will be only available after an upgrade to the premium version for about $ 0.99 !

You can grab the app right here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/54803888

I've attached a few screenshots to get you a first impression.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contribute to this thread!

Best,
    Sven
    Attached Thumbnails UploadToFlickr - Upload your photos and videos to Flickr!-img_20140513_215736.png   UploadToFlickr - Upload your photos and videos to Flickr!-img_20140513_215754.png   UploadToFlickr - Upload your photos and videos to Flickr!-img_20140513_215758.png  
    Last edited by svzi#CB; 05-19-14 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added BlackBerry World Link, Updated App Name
    pfuhli and m1kr0 like this.
    05-14-14 05:37 PM
    Looks useful. Thanks for supporting BB 10.
    05-15-14 06:36 AM
    Looks great! Really like Flickr, and it's a good non-Google alternative for free photo storage. Any plans to include in future versions an auto-upload feature like how we can sync photos and videos up to Box, etc. today?
    05-15-14 06:44 AM
    Hi kevets!

Looks great! Really like Flickr, and it's a good non-Google alternative for free photo storage. Any plans to include in future versions an auto-upload feature like how we can sync photos and videos up to Box, etc. today?
    I don't want to include auto-upload to this app, but today I can only hint that there will be something similar available soon.

Best,
    Sven
    kevets likes this.
    05-15-14 09:33 AM
    Hi kevets!

I don't want to include auto-upload to this app, but today I can only hint that there will be something similar available soon.

Best,
    Sven
    Just curious, why no Auto-Upload? Hopefully the similar feature is "Upload All"
    05-15-14 09:46 AM
    Ehh, it's not in appworld.
    05-15-14 09:53 AM
    Just curious, why no Auto-Upload? Hopefully the similar feature is "Upload All"
    Because it would need a completely different architecture and user interface. This one has not been designed for auto-uploading, not everybody wants to upload every photo to Flickr. Some people want some more control over what they are uploading. That's what this app for. Select your photos and upload them in a batch to the photo album you want.

Best,
    Sven
    05-15-14 09:57 AM
    Ehh, it's not in appworld.
    You're right, that's why I wrote this in the first message here:

As soon as the app is available in the BlackBerry World, I will update this post with the link.
    As soon as BlackBerry approved it, I will publish the link in this thread.

Best,
    Sven
    blueyestm likes this.
    05-15-14 09:59 AM
    The app has been denied by the BlackBerry World team because of naming issues. I've tried to rename the app to "Upload To Flickr" and I hope that's fine with BlackBerry. They wrote me that only "... for Flickr" would be fine, but after doing a simple search for "Flickr" in the BB World, I doubt that or they should remove nearly 90% of all available Flickr apps from the BB World right now, because of naming issues...

Best,
    Sven
    05-16-14 05:21 AM
    Well Sven, the apps approved on BlackBerry World that have the word Flickr in it are most likely app generator apps. They seem to get auto approval regardless of name or fake content.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 05:41 AM
    That could be a possibility, and maybe it's exactly how you say. But in my mind that doesn't matter. Naming rules should apply to all apps, if not they make simply no sense.

Best,
    Sven
    05-16-14 05:56 AM
    Exactly. Cause its misleading. Especially when app generator junk apps are overshadowing actually third party clients. Pisses me off.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 06:06 AM
    Couldn't agree more with you...
    05-16-14 06:25 AM
    I really hope that your app gets approved this time. Would love to have this app in my arsenal

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 01:09 PM
    Hi there!

BlackBerry did finally approve my app. You can grab your copy here and try it for free: Upload to Flickr - BlackBerry World

Please let me know what you think. Any kind of feedback is really appreciated!

Best,
    Sven
    05-19-14 09:45 AM
    On my Z30 the upload process never ends nevertheless pictures are already available on Flickr. Uploads process circles overlaying the pictures still keep rotating. Only on or two of the bulk show show green completion icons when they are finished.

Are you already aware of that?

Regards,

daniel
    06-01-14 01:27 PM
    Hi Daniel,

thanks for your feedback. I'm aware of that and I'm already trying to fix it.

Best,
    Sven
    06-03-14 01:36 AM
    I have a Z10 and got the free version of the app from BB App World. Seems to work fine, but how long should it take for an uploaded pic to show up in your account? I'm at 15 minutes so far.
    06-07-15 04:20 PM
    I finally got it. I reuploded a couple times because I'm inpatient. Just a suggestion, the Help menu should contain more than one FAQ. Other than that the app is perfect for my needs. Good job!
    06-07-15 05:05 PM
    Hi MrsTrackman!

Normally it shouldn't take that long for the pics to get visible. I normally see the pictures within seconds after uploading via app and refreshing the browser on my mac thereafter. Strange, did you reload the Flickr album? Did you try another browser? Maybe your desktop browser had an old version in the cache and did not show the updated Flickr site?

Just a suggestion, the Help menu should contain more than one FAQ. Other than that the app is perfect for my needs. Good job!
    What else would you like to see in the Help menu?

Best,
    Sven
    06-08-15 12:19 AM
    I'm sorry this took so long. The real world got in the way.
    For the Help file I'm thinking just general how tos. Maybe screen shots of what a normal user should see at each step of the app download process and the upload process. Generally how to do everything that is fairly simple and obvious. For example, when I open the app it tells me no media selected. Some may need to be told to choose 'Select Media'. I've learned over the years what is readily apparent to some is not readily apparent to all.
    The reason I couldn't find my upload earlier was a Flickr issue not an app issue. I was trying to upload so I could import into a third party, but I had to change the photo to Public. Because the third party couldn't see it I was looking in the wrong place.
    06-13-15 08:03 AM
    No worries for that, it took me even longer to reply. Sorry for that as well!

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I've uploaded a new version of that app today, but sadly I forgot about this thread and so it's still missing any improvements from your post. But I've finally put it on my todo list and hopefully the next release won't last that long again.

Cheers,
    Sven
    08-05-15 01:35 PM