So I realized that if I am in the twitter app and follow someone from that app- it automatically follows them and also turns on mobile notifications (where you get the texts) for that account.

Is there a way to follow someone but not get those mobile notifications?
    Oddsocket and mikewpg1ca like this.
    07-24-13 08:49 AM
    So I realized that if I am in the twitter app and follow someone from that app- it automatically follows them and also turns on mobile notifications (where you get the texts) for that account.

Is there a way to follow someone but not get those mobile notifications?
    I've never had that happen. It's not part of the app. You should check how your Twitter is set up because again, that's not a specified function of the app itself.
    Twitter Mobile Notifications-screen-shot-2013-07-24-9.30.41-pm.png
    07-24-13 07:27 PM
    Log on to your Twitter account from a web browser. You'll need to change your notification settings.
    07-24-13 07:32 PM
    I had the same problem. Up until a couple of days ago I've never used Twitter mobile notifications and they were turned off in my main twitter.com settings. Then the other day I wanted to turn on my mobile notification for one twitter feed, so I enabled the mobile notification information on twitter. At which point my phone started to be bombarded with twitter notification texts from a bunch of people I follow. I looked and somehow for these feeds, the Mobile Notification is already turned on. I looked at it further and determined anyone I'd followed through my BB Twitter App already had their mobile notification turned on!!! I can only blame BlackBerry for this. What a pain in the ***, I've since spent the last two days receiving at least a hundred texts by now (I follow about a 1000 people), and for each one I've gone to twitter.com and turned off their mobile notification (which I never enabled in the first place)!!! Ugh.
    09-12-13 02:28 PM
    yeah- for those that said just go online- you're missing the point.
    i want twitter notifications for people that i choose. but if you have it enabled, any time you follow someone from the mobile app it automatically adds them to this list. it is NOT something you can change in settings on the website.
    10-04-13 08:17 AM
    Bump:

This is still an issue - every time I follow someone from my Q10 I have to use a desktop or iOS device to turn off mobile notifications for that contact. I can follow someone from the web or another device without issue.

And I don't wish to disable mobile notifications globally, I just don't want every contact I follow to have this enabled by default, that's ridiculous.

Edit: Just confirmed that, at least for me, if you follow from the hub, instead of the app, it doesn't enable mobile notifications.
    Last edited by Oddsocket; 01-31-14 at 05:02 AM.
    01-30-14 03:56 AM
    I just got my Q10 and found the EXACT same problem. Also confirmed it's NOT an issue from my Android device nor the web. Only on my BB. The ONLY way to stop the notifications I can find is by manually doing it from my web login at the individial follower level. Def a Blackberry app issue IMO
    05-13-14 02:26 PM