I don't know if this is a bug or part of the functionality. If I start following someone through the twitter app, it also enables mobile notifications from them so I start getting an sms from twitter when that account posts something to twitter. First off, is there any way to disable it from doing this?

Secondly, I can't see to access the non-mobile version of the twitter site in the browser, it keeps re-directing to the mobile page. I can't find a way around this, anyone have any suggestions? At least if I could access the full twitter page I could disable mobile notifications for that follower since you can't do it from the mobile view.

Thanks!
    04-10-13 02:40 PM
    Had the same thing happening as well. It used the old cellphone number I had registered which is still used as a pay-as-you-go phone. It was off for a couple of days and when I turned it back on I got over 200 text messages telling me about tweets. Not funny if you have to pay for each message received. :-(

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 03:10 PM
    That's a good point, I could certainly just remove my phone number from my account. But ideally, this shouldn't be a problem.
    04-10-13 04:15 PM
    I have the same problem and it is very annoying. as I do want to receive mobile notifications from a couple of twitter accounts so I can't just removed my number form mobile notifications.
    01-18-14 11:10 PM