04-28-15 10:01 AM
46 12
tools
    Hi all,

I am one of the developers at Truphone. I would like to announce that since yesterday Truphone 2.0.152 is available in BB World. We have listened to our users and we tried to deliver what they were asking (Headless and Hub). We hope you enjoy!

Truphone 2.0:
    - BlackBerry Hub integration
    - Make calls and send messages from the Hub
    - 'headless' support
    - Calls and messages still arrive even if the Truphone app is not running
    - Bug fixes and call quality improvements

Also if you find any issues or have some cool ideas please use the feedback form Settings in the app or just use this thread.

Cheers,
    Truphone Dev Team
    theRock1975, cyblitz and gfondeur like this.
    10-24-14 03:46 AM
    Will check it out now.
    10-24-14 06:33 AM
    still 1.7.8.6 here ....
    10-24-14 06:34 AM
    Could not find it. Kinda disappointed! Haha
    Attached Thumbnails Truphone goes headless and Hub integrated-img_20141024_143412.png  
    10-24-14 06:36 AM
    Why is this a better solution than BBM calls?

Z10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-24-14 08:48 AM
    I think this is like Voxofon, if so, you can make international calls and such to land lines and cell phones. BBM Voice is just BBM to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 12:44 AM
    Finally somebody I can get a hold,
    I have a question for the dev, why the payment options are so poor?
    Don't get me wrong, I love the app and the service, but the top-up options are so rubbish, not paypal or bitcoin? For real guys?
    I took the plunge and try to use my credit card directly and guess what? It didn't took it, it happen with two different cards, that's annoying, I contacted costumer service and they told me to tell my bank not to block the transactions coming from Truphone for real guys?
    10-26-14 03:12 AM
    Hi all,

I am one of the developers at Truphone. I would like to announce that since yesterday Truphone 2.0.152 is available in BB World.
    On Passport- no updates in BBWorld, still v1.7.8.6.

WHEN do you plan to push v2 to BBWorld for Passport users?

When launching the BBWorld link via Web, v2.0.0.152 shows (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/20062092/)

, but Not when accessed via Passport - so I assume you have not yet ticked support for the device on this nice build.

Please , make it happen :-)

Last edited by Morten; 10-29-14 at 12:09 AM.
    10-28-14 09:07 AM
    add this link in the OP, so people can check out your nice app

Truphone - BlackBerry World
    10-29-14 12:00 AM
    do you think you could add truecaller or make a separate headless truecaller app?

How It Works | Truecaller

I hate that sometimes that I just get a number or unknown number. I also like that Truecaller adds ALL caller information even Linkedin and Facebook. Then i won't have to "link" contracts and make a mess like the Contacts app is currently
    10-29-14 12:02 AM
    Well, it looks the dev just delivered his message and disappear,
    10-29-14 12:36 AM
    Finally somebody I can get a hold,
    I have a question for the dev, why the payment options are so poor?
    Don't get me wrong, I love the app and the service, but the top-up options are so rubbish, not paypal or bitcoin? For real guys?
    I took the plunge and try to use my credit card directly and guess what? It didn't took it, it happen with two different cards, that's annoying, I contacted costumer service and they told me to tell my bank not to block the transactions coming from Truphone for real guys?
    Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the feedback. The idea is to use BlackBerry world payments for top ups, but unfortunately the payment service doesn't have a validation receipt server. It is in the BB world roadmap, as soon as they release it we will implement in app purchases.
    11-02-14 05:10 PM
    Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the feedback. The idea is to use BlackBerry world payments for top ups, but unfortunately the payment service doesn't have a validation receipt server. It is in the BB world roadmap, as soon as they release it we will implement in app purchases.
    Any release date for v2 for Passport users? We are still stuck with the old version
    11-02-14 05:17 PM
    On Passport- no updates in BBWorld, still v1.7.8.6.

WHEN do you plan to push v2 to BBWorld for Passport users?
    There is a bug in the Passport OS 10.3.0 that causes issues with the HUB integration. BB will fix the bug in 10.3.1. Therefore I am afraid that Passport users will need to wait until the new OS release
    11-02-14 05:17 PM
    Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the response,
    Can you guys implement paypal or bitcoin in the meantime?
    11-02-14 05:18 PM
    There is a bug in the Passport OS 10.3.0 that causes issues with the HUB integration. BB will fix the bug in 10.3.1. Therefore I am afraid that Passport users will need to wait until the new OS release
    For what about those who test 10.3.1? Please make it available...
    11-02-14 05:55 PM
    Just came here to bug people to upvote bit dot do slash upvote-bb10-truphone and found this thread started by a member of the Truphone dev team. You rock!

Anyway, to cut and paste what is there:

Make background incoming calls better under BlackBerry 10

At the moment BB10 Truphone can run in the background nicely with negligible effect on the battery. Cheers are heard! I think it's the only BB10 app that can do this.

However there are two problems, one that is annoying, one that makes me wonder how anyone uses it to get incoming calls:

(a) It doesn't go into the background after a reboot, like most other background apps seem to do. Instead, you have to remember to open it. After that, you can close it totally (no active frame) and it'll still be in the background. It's annoying to have to open and then close it after every reboot; sometimes I forget and miss incoming calls.

(b) When the app is not the one currently being used, the only incoming call notification is an instant preview notification that comes up on the screen for like 8 seconds. If you aren't actively using the phone when this happens, by the time you get the phone out of your pocket and unlocked this is gone, you have to scramble to open the app, and by that time it's usually too late to pick up.

IMHO it would be much better to handle this like the "Bria" generic VoIP SIP Softphone app. In the same situation, it pops up a dialog box in whatever screen you are on that stays on top and doesn't go away until you touch answer, don't answer, or ignore, or the call stops.
    11-05-14 01:44 PM
    Any answer on Truecaller integration?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 11:31 PM
    Any answer on Truecaller integration?

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with that,
    11-06-14 04:57 AM
    Good luck with that,
    So sad, why is that? It has the most open API ever

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:14 PM
    Oh no, my comment wasn't regarding Truecaller, I was talking about the lack of response from the dev.
    11-06-14 08:18 PM
    Can this develop into a wifi calling alternative for tmobile, verizon users? Thanks!

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    11-06-14 09:11 PM
    Oh no, my comment wasn't regarding Truecaller, I was talking about the lack of response from the dev.
    Ohh hopefully he does integrate Truecaller so many people would get his app if he did.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:00 PM
    Another idea: have an option to have the app prompt before closing, so it can't just run off the end of the active frame screens... "BaSA" for example does this.
    11-07-14 11:02 AM
    And another, since I don't know what's possible with available APIs: allow phone to be answered with one of the volume buttons; "Voice Recorder" for example does this, lets you start/stop voice recording, even when in the background / no active tile open.
    11-10-14 04:58 PM
46 12