Please don't give me hate for considering the switch - I have a separate thread for that Considering Q10 to Passport (or Galaxy S6) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

My question for this thread is what is the best way to get my contacts out of my Q10 and into an Android phone (pos a galaxy S6 edge)?

Indeed, is there any way to export contacts as a CSV like BB7 used to do?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 12:43 AM
    Please don't give me hate for considering the switch - I have a separate thread for that Considering Q10 to Passport (or Galaxy S6) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

My question for this thread is what is the best way to get my contacts out of my Q10 and into an Android phone (pos a galaxy S6 edge)?

Indeed, is there any way to export contacts as a CSV like BB7 used to do?

Posted via CB10
    I guess if you use a cloud email service like Gmail, you can sync your contacts to their service from the BB. Then sync to the new device when you add the account to it.

There are also 3rd party apps that can save contacts in a variety of formats. Backup Pro (don't encrypt) and others.
    04-18-15 11:20 AM
    Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 03:50 AM
    PLEASE HELP MEEEEE!!

Hi guys

I hope you guys can help me with the following. I also decided to replace my Blackberry Z10 with a Samsung Galazy S7 Edge.

I want to put my calendar entries from my old phone, to my new phone. I've been busy trying to this for the past 2 or 3 days and still no result. And at this point i'm a few minutes from throwing both phones way. I searched about everywhere and i tried about everything, but it seems like im the only one thats experience the issues i'm having at the moment. I will try to tell you as precise as possible:

The entries on my blackberry are all saved under my home calendar, which is the local calendar on the phone, so no email addresses are linked to this calendar. I do have both a hotmail and gmail account singed in on the phone. Now i've read about everywhere that you can sinc the calendar to gmail and than basically transfer and open it on the new phone. This is true if and when you save a new entry on the gmail calendar and sync it. Now i have about 4 years worth of entries in the calendar, im not planning to change all the entries one by one to change it from the home calendar to the gmail calendar. Now my question is there a way to select all the entries from my home cal. and either move or copy them to the gmail cal. I don't see any settings on the phone that show that this is possible, but at this moment im afraid i wouldn't even see it anymore.

I've tried backing my phone up and use 3rd parties, but since i have been experiencing issues with the blackberry link for about 2 years now, i cant back my phone up. I basically tried everything with the blackberry link and i even deleted it and re-downloaded it for about 5 times, but that doesn't work. Now i've heard that you can export your cal. to a file, but where can i find the export button for a blackberry Z10.

I hope you can help me, cause im about 3 seconds (yeah time is ticking) from throwing this phone away.
    03-31-16 07:42 AM