This is the official thread for my tvTrakr app: a native trakt.tv client for BlackBerry 10!
    Hope I get a lot of feedback with the alpha + beta releases

tvTrakr v2.0 Alpha 2 (12.05.2014)
    No login yet but more data.

Known Problems
    • Slow network requests and possibly high amount of data downloaded -> has to do with how the trakt.tv API works (meaning, I won't be able to address this issue unless trakt updates their API, which they will soonish )
    • If you have a previous version or tvTrakr installed, please uninstall it first (alpha 1 should not be a problem)!

Download
    Removed for now: still working on it but will wait for new release to integrate with next generation trakt API

tvTrakr v2.0 Alpha 1 (04.05.2014)
    A quite dumb version which currently only displays data without much interaction.

Features
    • Browse trending movies
    • Display movie details
    • Share movie link
    • List movie reviews & shouts
    • Search for movies

Known Problems
    • Slow network requests and possibly high amount of data downloaded -> has to do with how the trakt.tv API works (meaning, I won't be able to address this issue unless trakt updates their API, which they will soonish )
    • If you have a previous version or tvTrakr installed, please uninstall it first!

Download
    Check out alpha 2 instead!

Screenshots
    trakt.tv app for BlackBerry 10-mockup.jpg
    Last edited by alopix; 10-11-14 at 04:09 AM. Reason: removed alpha download
    sedat and KKruglov like this.
    01-24-14 12:58 PM
    ORIGINAL FIRST POST:
    I'm currently working on a rewrite of my app tvTrakr, a native trakt.tv app for BlackBerry 10 and I'd like your feedback and input (hopefully there's some people out there using trakt ).
    Maybe some of you know the original app and can understand why I'm completely redesigning and rewriting it (and why it's not available anymore, even though it was Built for BlackBerry).

Quick preview of the movie details:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mockup.jpg 
Views:	1684 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	241414
    P.S. icons will probably change – just using rough drafts and first ideas
    P.P.S. thank you MockIt ;D

ORIGINAL SECOND POST:
    My first question is: any ideas for a great UI for rating movies/shows? trakt has this advanced 10-points scale (1=weak sauce; 10=totally ninja!) as well as a simple hate and like system.
    I'm planning to implement the advanced one first and maybe add the simple one later.
    I was thinking about either something similar to the homepage:
    trakt.tv app for BlackBerry 10-screen-shot-2014-01-24-7.55.33-pm.png
    Or a picker with icons:
    trakt.tv app for BlackBerry 10-cascades_core_controls_pickers.png
    Or a slider (maybe in combination with displaying the names and hearts when changing the value):
    trakt.tv app for BlackBerry 10-slider_big.png

Not sure what could work. Would really appreciate if you'd comment
    Last edited by alopix; 05-12-14 at 11:33 AM. Reason: post merge
    01-24-14 12:59 PM
    Just a quick update. It's coming along nicely, slowly but steadily ;D

I added Recommended Movies and TV Shows as well as Actors & Crew list for Movies. There's also Trending Movies.
    trakt.tv app for BlackBerry 10-mockit_29012014212408.jpgtrakt.tv app for BlackBerry 10-mockit_29012014212433.jpg

Hope at least someone likes it and is part of the trakt.tv community!
    I'm not yet ready to release a beta version but would appreciate some beta testers later. Just sayin '
    MrDoreth likes this.
    01-29-14 02:34 PM
    Hey I love how this app is coming, and would love to beta test it if possible!
    04-06-14 05:26 PM
    Same here i hope your still working on it and I'll be more than happy to beta test it if needed
    04-07-14 02:52 AM
    Looks great. Any news since January?
    04-07-14 03:59 AM
    Sorry, nothing new since January. I have been developing working on the app but not as much as I wanted to. Didn't know that there were people interested so moved my priorities elsewhere
    Don't know when I'll have time but with all the beautiful weather I'm quite busy… I'll keep you posted! Thanks already for the beta test offers – I'll definitely keep you in mind!
    04-07-14 12:09 PM
    Here's the last news: the first very small public alpha is available

tvTrakr v2.0 Alpha 1 (04.05.2014)
    A quite dumb version which currently only displays data without much interaction.

Features
    • Browse trending movies
    • Display movie details
    • Share movie link
    • List movie reviews & shouts
    • Search for movies

Known Problems
    • If you have a previous version or tvTrakr installed, please uninstall it first!

Download
    Download .bar now

There's a lot of work that has to be done and if you're wondering why there were screenshots back in january with more features: it has to do with implementation details which is why I removed some features from the rewrite to make them even better.
    Stay tuned for the next version(s) with more data that can be displayed as well as (authenticated) interaction

Even though it's a tiny alpha version I hope you find room for improvements (current features) as well as have ideas for additional features (I already have a long todo list )!

PS. as with all my apps I will try and get into Beta Zone � unfortunately it's only open to BlackBerry Dev Elites which I'm not part of
    Will have to way until it opens up to everybody!
    sedat and Kernald like this.
    05-04-14 02:17 PM
    tvTrakr v2.0 Alpha 2 (12.05.2014)
    No login yet but more data.

Known Problems
    • If you have a previous version or tvTrakr installed, please uninstall it first (alpha 1 should not be a problem)!

Download
    Download .bar now
    Alpha 2 released

Attachment 269945
    Kernald likes this.
    05-12-14 02:11 PM
    I just signed up on the trakt.tv website. I have been using the Android App called Series Guide to somewhat keep track of my tv shows. I was hoping for something in the AppWorld that would keep track of my movies and TV and work with Trakt.tv. I'll be keeping an eye on your program.

Update: Just loaded the alpha v2 and I like the layout. Obviously, it has a ways to go but a nice start. I bet it will become very popular once enough features are added since trakt.tv doesn't seem to have a mobile version of their site.
    07-06-14 06:17 PM
    Ill give this a go when I get home

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 06:20 PM
    Awesome! Going to try it now!!

Edit:
    1) Just and idea, the app should have a setting to notify on days TV shows come on
    2) The rating option should be the original one, I think that's best.
    3) TV shows say 18 people but movies say 18 person.

Other than that it all looks pretty good so far can't wait to be able to log in.
    Attachment 283461
    Attachment 283462
    Last edited by Enzetsu; 07-06-14 at 06:44 PM.
    07-06-14 06:22 PM
    Definitely needs to be integrated into calendar

So I know when my season start up and what days my shows are

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 07-06-14 at 07:48 PM.
    07-06-14 07:23 PM
    Definitely needs to be itegrated into calendar

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking that too but then it will clog up you lockscreen if you get the app to just notify instead they its the same effect and clear lockscreen
    07-06-14 07:35 PM
    I was thinking that too but then it will clog up you lockscreen if you get the app to just notify instead they its the same effect and clear lockscreen
    I wouldnt mind if it clogs up my lockscreen Id rather be able to check when show's season starts.
    Push the days of the show will get pointless after 3 episodes since it plays on the same day and time every week.

Ex if someone asks me when the next season of Game of Thrones starts. I could just search my calendar or better yet type "Game of Throne" in BlackBerry Universal Search to find the calendar entree, within seconds.
    Now that is productivity at it's max.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 07-07-14 at 10:45 AM.
    07-06-14 07:52 PM
    This is very cool and I'll be keeping an eye on the project.

Thanks for the hard work!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:26 AM
    Not sure why I want to track how I waste my time but I'm really looking forward to seeing this app move into beta.

I was thinking about it more today hoping to help give some ideas of what I'd like to see. Even though I created an account on trakt.tv to keep track of what movies I've watched I like to monitor my TV viewing as well. I currently use the Android app 'Series Guide' to keep track of TV episodes watched. I'm hoping to see a features from that app in tvTrakr. For instance, seeing a list of episodes for the season, being able to check off one or more episodes or the whole season. Being able to click on links to IMDb to see more details or possible Amazon Prime (or Hulu) to add a show to your watchlist. I'm not keen on the search function in SeriesGuide, I hope you can find a better way to support that feature.

Hope this is useful info.

Also, I'm not sure if the app will be free or for purchase, but I'm willing to donate a little bit to help with development.
    07-26-14 05:23 PM
    Back from holidays and highly motivated. Unfortunatley looks like this app will require some minor or possibly major redesign as trakt.tv is currently undergoing major changes to their backend and 3rd party access.
    Fortunately I'm part of the beta team, but this change to the API means I have to completely redesign my API implementation and the plans for login. It's great to finally see an awesome version of the API, but it also means even more work for me
    08-31-14 10:47 AM
    Have "fun" reworking your program. Developers always like to tweak so consider this a method to hone your skills!
    08-31-14 01:29 PM
    I just signed up on the trakt.tv website. I have been using the Android App called Series Guide to somewhat keep track of my tv shows.
    I've been using Series Guide as well. The inviability of in-app purchasing aside, it works well and looks great. A well-designed native option, of course, is always preferred.
    08-31-14 01:46 PM
    Quick update: I'm working on the next version with the new API but according to trakt team the API is not stable enough to get into public testing.
    Will keep you posted as soon as they let us release updated apps
    Hlao-roo likes this.
    09-19-14 01:24 PM
    SeriesGuide used to be great, until later updates complicated the UI greatly. Don't go down the that road if you can help it. The screenshots do look very nice so far.

Any chance to take beta-testing to the beta zone to sidestep the sideload hassle?
    09-19-14 03:10 PM
    Definitely needs to be integrated into calendar

So I know when my season start up and what days my shows are

Posted via CB10
    Calendar integration and the option to notify the hub would be awesome.
    09-19-14 03:23 PM
    Quick update: I'm working on the next version with the new API but according to trakt team the API is not stable enough to get into public testing.
    Will keep you posted as soon as they let us release updated apps
    i can help private beta test PM me on here, i'll send you my pin
    09-19-14 05:45 PM
    Any chance to take beta-testing to the beta zone to sidestep the sideload hassle?
    I have been trying for months to get in but somehow they won't expand access beyond their Elite program
    09-20-14 01:13 AM
41 12