05-18-14 02:00 PM
64 123
tools
    05-16-13 10:39 AM
    It sounds great, I M using a side loaded utorrent remote now. maybe I will give this a try. Somebody downloaded this one???

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:03 AM
    Just bought it.
    Would strongly recommend anyone who wants it gets on it as soon as possible before Alec Saunders show up and crashes the party and gets it off BlackBerry World.
    I'll report back once it's installed and I've tested it.
    05-16-13 11:27 AM
    Hmm. Uses a local WebUI server. Not the usual uTorrent Remote.
    Doesn't seem as legit as uTorrent Remote. Not sure if it will work over 3G like uTorrent Remote.
    Wouldn't recommend until I've tried it further.
    2 quid is a fair amount of money compared to other apps.
    Wish free uTorrent Remote would come.
    05-16-13 11:31 AM
    Imad u have the bar for utorrent dat u have

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:36 AM
    Imad u have the bar for utorrent dat u have

Posted via CB10
    You can find it here

http://apps.goodereader.com/blackber...-apps/?did=231

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:52 AM
    Has anyone else had a chance to try this app? All I want to is be able to monitor my torrents in utorrent which seems to be what this app will do. Anyone try it?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:06 AM
    I have downloaded torrent time but it's asking me for a server url. What am i supposed to put in there? If someone can help me i could give some feedback on the app
    05-20-13 07:29 AM
    I think it works over a local server only.
    It's not as simple as uTorrent Remote.
    Still haven't properly set it up as I haven't had time, but all signs point to local network control only.
    05-20-13 10:50 AM
    But surely its looking for your router's external IP with a port that you assign? I'm also still playing around and have tried to contact the developer

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:33 AM
    Don't think Alec would pull this app as his argument was using torrents to download stuff illegally to your phone? This seems like the only plausible work around to the current situation. Luckily I bought BitTorque before it was pulled and it's working great with great speeds too.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:43 PM
    Don't think Alec would pull this app as his argument was using torrents to download stuff illegally to your phone? This seems like the only plausible work around to the current situation. Luckily I bought BitTorque before it was pulled and it's working great with great speeds too.

Posted via CB10
    uTorrent Remote was also a remote app only, no direct torrenting to the phone.
    Sadly I don't think Alec is very supportive of things he personally doesn't favour. Be that camera shutter noises, torrent remote apps, whatever it is.
    Look at his twitter feed. Clearly said no torrents as they're only for piracy.
    Ignored the sideloading still being allowed which he once called piracy.
    And now this 2 pound crappy app is out instead of the free uTorrent Remote that they tried to release.
    Bit of a disaster.
    05-20-13 01:33 PM
    I'm still bummed I didn't get a chance to download BitTorque. Jesus, native app aswell.
    05-20-13 05:04 PM
    i don't get why somebody doesn't post the BitTorque .bar for us to download!
    05-21-13 10:45 AM
    Part of the problem is that it's a paid app. Although banned, it was still paid app. Creator has account on CB, maybe you can PM him and work something out, seems logical.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:56 AM
    Are there no bit torrent clients for bb10?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:08 PM
    Posting just to get updates on this

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:31 PM
    I just spoke to the developer of torrent time, Matthew, and he has confirmed that Torrent Time does work even though you are not on the same local network as your pc that has bittorrent/utorrent on it, as long as you have port forwarding enabled in your router. I am still speaking to him to get it set up properly. But the point is it works both at and away from home

Very good news

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:26 AM
    So i got torrent time to work and it works seamlessly with BitTorrent and utorrent. Such a great app once you get past setting it up. Definitely worth buying.

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland likes this.
    05-22-13 01:05 PM
    So i got torrent time to work and it works seamlessly with BitTorrent and utorrent. Such a great app once you get past setting it up. Definitely worth buying.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome, can you share tips on how to get it working with utorrent?
    Cheers
    05-22-13 02:57 PM
    Well make sure to use your network's EXTERNAL ip, you can find this by going to a website like www.whatismyip.com from your computer and then in uTorrent go to connection and use the default port. So in Torrent time in the server url you will have http://(your external ip)utorrent port) and lastly in uTorrent just register under remote, as well as web ui. I think Torrent time uses the web ui but im not totally sure. Feel free to ask if anyone needs any more help.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:23 PM
    Well make sure to use your network's EXTERNAL ip, you can find this by going to a website like What Is My IP Address | Shows Your IP Address. from your computer and then in uTorrent go to connection and use the default port. So in Torrent time in the server url you will have http://(your external ip)utorrent port) and lastly in uTorrent just register under remote, as well as web ui. I think Torrent time uses the web ui but im not totally sure. Feel free to ask if anyone needs any more help.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm did all that. Still didn't work.
    Not even over a local network.
    Hmmm.
    05-22-13 05:20 PM
    If you are connected to your local wifi and then use http://(your local IP)utorrent listening port) does that work? If that works try to check what your external ip is again as your external ip is not a static value. I know this could mess with your app's connection to the pc. So if you are going to be using it a lot on the go, maybe thinking of setting up dynamic dns.

Also what settings did you change in your router?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:32 PM
    I've found a much easier and stable way of setting up torrent time if anyone still needs help

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:24 AM
    I've found a much easier and stable way of setting up torrent time if anyone still needs help

Posted via CB10
    Yes please as I'm still struggling

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:54 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD