Apparently it was released to BlackBerry 10 before they removed it do u think it will be back and why would BlackBerry accept that app just to remove it later?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:11 PM
    I don't know why BB removed the app, although with carriers as stingy as mine, I don't see the point of mobile torrent apps. It's a shame having LTE yet paying an arm and a leg for a measly 2GB of data. If one were to torrent over WiFi, then why not just use a more robust torrent app like uTorrent or Vuze?
    02-28-13 11:39 PM
    I guess it's easier to be on wifi and download a movie for the phone to just watch on or Download music

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 11:41 PM
    They removed it to keep their partnerships with music/video labels. Think about how fast those would disappear from BB world had torrent apps been allowed. I wish it didn't have to be that way, but that's the sad reality. Maybe when BB is a lot bigger and those labels will actually *want* to be on BB world, BB can start allowing torrent apps in, but it's not gonna happen any time soon.
    03-01-13 12:31 AM
    They removed it to keep their partnerships with music/video labels. Think about how fast those would disappear from BB world had torrent apps been allowed. I wish it didn't have to be that way, but that's the sad reality. Maybe when BB is a lot bigger and those labels will actually *want* to be on BB world, BB can start allowing torrent apps in, but it's not gonna happen any time soon.
    I hope you're wrong, Android has plenty of torrent apps and has no problem with relationships with labels, I think BlackBerry needs to move away from prioritising carrier relationships over customer satisfaction.
    03-01-13 08:29 AM
    I hope he's wrong too!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:32 PM
    I don't know why BB removed the app, although with carriers as stingy as mine, I don't see the point of mobile torrent apps. It's a shame having LTE yet paying an arm and a leg for a measly 2GB of data. If one were to torrent over WiFi, then why not just use a more robust torrent app like uTorrent or Vuze?
    I have 6GB data plan and my torrent app is just flying on LTE. I did some tests today and it could pull as much as 150KB/S

i use android torrent aTorrent PRO version 1.7.6 and it works very well on Z10. shame that native torrents were pulled from bb store.
    03-01-13 07:35 PM
    I hope you're wrong, Android has plenty of torrent apps and has no problem with relationships with labels, I think BlackBerry needs to move away from prioritising carrier relationships over customer satisfaction.
    Android has THE biggest piracy on ANY platform. There is reason why many apps do get released on iphone and not on android. iphone, android, windows does not allow torrents. i do not need to see torrent in bb store. the thing if you want one you can get one for android. there is always way to do it. 99.9% will not use torrent on phone any ways so if this means more cool games in app store let it be without torrents.
    03-01-13 07:38 PM
    Android has THE biggest piracy on ANY platform. There is reason why many apps do get released on iphone and not on android. iphone, android, windows does not allow torrents. i do not need to see torrent in bb store. the thing if you want one you can get one for android. there is always way to do it. 99.9% will not use torrent on phone any ways so if this means more cool games in app store let it be without torrents.
    Android has huge piracy yes.
    That is not 100% down to torrents no.
    I can't understand why people automatically equate torrents with piracy and make a fuss.
    If anything, after Android, with sideloading, BB10 is best equipped for piracy.
    No other platform allows you to so easily load apps devs had no intention of providing FOR FREE.
    Sideloading should be taken out long before torrents if piracy was a concern.
    03-02-13 02:12 AM