I tell them Tim card before even holding my phone out. So they click the "Tim card" button thinking I'm gonna get my card then I just tap my phone. Last time I tried they were telling me my balance was 0. Idk why, might have been the new leak. I haven't been to timmies in a while. But school starts on Tuesday so I'll be there almost everyday... lol

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 12:53 PM
    They new about the app and they selected tims card for me. The machine recognized the phone, I would hear the beep, but the app fails to update the balance and transaction gets declined.

Posted via CB10
    When it says update balanced failed, it's most likely because they chose the wrong payment method.

Remember, it's an NFC antenna, so you don't need a data connection for this to work. Basically, the reader will recognise it as a Tim Card, it will update the balance on the Tim Horton servers. If you do have data connection, your phone will be updated. If not, it will say error.

It happened to me many times that the balance didn't update and the transaction went through cause I buy often from a subway station

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 01:50 PM
    They new about the app and they selected tims card for me. The machine recognized the phone, I would hear the beep, but the app fails to update the balance and transaction gets declined.

Posted via CB10
    Same for me in Hamilton. I follow the instructions, but same outcome. Totally freaks the employees out when they see what I'm doing, and I make sure they see the BlackBerry symbol on the back. Last time, an employee told me he has the same phone(Z10) and can't get it to work either. Just figure I'll have to try another location.

I like BB10...and that's all that matters to me.
    01-11-14 11:42 AM
    Just tried it at yonge and Dundas and it didn't go through. Might be the leak...

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:25 AM
    Just tried it at yonge and Dundas and it didn't go through. Might be the leak...

Posted via CB10
    Im running the leak, have used this dozens of times without issue. Not sure what to tell ya.
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    01-14-14 09:39 AM
    My experience:

Tried it and didn't work at all. Card reader didn't beep.

Tested NFC by holding my Z30 to my Nexus 5 and was able to send links back and forth effortlessly (whatever web page was in my foregrounded browser would be sent to the other device and that same page would load instantly in that devices browser).

So, once I ruled out general NFC failure, I got serious.

I confirmed everything on my tims card online, that the password was correct etc. (I no longer have the physical card so I couldn't check the number on the back, but the card was properly registered on timhortons.com)

I tried the app again and it just worked next time I tried.

I've had spotty performance since... I think there are bugs in the timeout routines... in the interests of not p*ssing off the people behind me in line, I try to have my app running foreground and in the "tim card" panel, and as soon as I "think" the clerk is going to enable the paypad, I tap "pay with card"... but sometimes they're too slow and it times out... so I take my phone away and, without exiting the app, go back into "tim card" and pay with card. I hold the device horizontally with the BB logo directly over the screen. I hear a beep and I'm good.

This is downtown Toronto with decent cell coverage, but as said above, whether or not you can update your balance when you tap is secondary... when you tap, it should see the Tim card info stored on your device and does not need an internet connection to use the app.

So, double check your card info on timhortons.com, if necessary pick up a new tim card (they have to put money on it / activate it at the store) then go activate that card on timhortons.com: you can move balances from other cards onto that new card. Then log into the Tim Horton's app where you DO have internet connectivity and check that the card is there and the balance is right. After all that, you deserve a coffee AND get yourself one of those strudels for 16� more (only 140 calories!)
    01-14-14 11:07 AM
    Hmm ok, I tried it once and it worked bit 2 different locations didn't. I guess it is a little flaky and needs to be updated.

I'll keep trying at different locations and see if I can figure out a "method" that gets it to work every time.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 12:54 PM
    Im running the leak, have used this dozens of times without issue. Not sure what to tell ya.
    Which leak are you on? I tried it with 1055 and it worked but the latest one hasn't had success yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 12:54 PM
    Which leak are you on? I tried it with 1055 and it worked but the latest one hasn't had success yet.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on. 1925

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    01-14-14 03:30 PM
34 12