I just used it at Philip and Albert, Waterloo. Worked great!
    Staff wasn't surprised. To close to BlackBerry so sure they've seen it a few times by now .
    12-14-13 10:27 AM
    Staff wasn't surprised. To close to BlackBerry so sure they've seen it a few times by now .
    I believe the exact reaction I got was 'NO, you are not scanning your phone, shut UP! This guy just payed with his phone!!'

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:46 AM
    Every outlet in the KW I've been to has seen it already, so you have to be quick in Waterloo to surprise anyone around here
    12-14-13 11:01 AM
    I just tried in Sarnia, staff were pretty impressed that I could use the phone to pay, unfortunately it didn't work. Tapped my CC and it worked. After reading this whole thread I'm going back to try again. The girl did ask if she could use her iPhone, I said nope. Hopefully next time it works.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:10 AM
    Just paid in a tim's east of Regina. The guy new about it, but I was the first he had seen, it
    Worked flawlessly. It was awesome.

Hoping this is the first of many like this

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:55 AM
    I just tried in Sarnia, staff were pretty impressed that I could use the phone to pay, unfortunately it didn't work. Tapped my CC and it worked. After reading this whole thread I'm going back to try again. The girl did ask if she could use her iPhone, I said nope. Hopefully next time it works.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you tell them you are paying with a Tim Card.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:08 PM
    Make sure you tell them you are paying with a Tim Card.

Posted via CB10
    I will make sure I do, not sure how they did it the first time.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 01:22 PM
    I will make sure I do, not sure how they did it the first time.

Posted via CB10
    I just said Tim Card, tap and pay please, they handed me the terminal and away I went. Far smoother than my first attempt.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 01:57 PM
    I tried this morning and the lady at the Window wasn't impressed when it didn't work after I tried several times (6 cars behind me at 6.30am and temperature of -11C). I have a case on the phone though. Do you think the phone case is making some sort of interference?

I told her it was Tims card, but she's always a bit cranky so who knows what she push on the register.

Posted via CB10
    Give her a bigger tip maybe? LoL
    12-14-13 03:02 PM
    Exactly plus I love Tim Hortons coffee and hate Starbucks (all marketing image)

On a side note is there any other apps that allow you to pay with NFC.. any Canadian banking apps that allow you to use NFC to pay?

Posted via CB10
    CIBC has a mobile payment app that works with Rogers. It now supports the Z10, Q10 and Q5, but not the Z30 yet.

Posted via CB10 and Z30STA100-5/10.2.0.1767
    12-14-13 03:07 PM
    w00t, used it, worked perfectly. Staff was impressed.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 05:13 PM
    I used it today near the Toronto Premium outlets.... they really freaked out! the entire staff came out to have a look

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:05 PM
    I used it today near the Toronto Premium outlets.... they really freaked out! the entire staff came out to have a look

Posted via CB10
    I just can't get that reaction in Waterloo (understandably) but it would be fun to see it.
    12-15-13 01:22 AM
    I just can't get that reaction in Waterloo (understandably) but it would be fun to see it.
    Just used it 20 minutes ago in Kitchener on Pioneer to get myself a Gingerbread white hot chocolate.....mmmmmmmmm....but I digress

The young girls reaction was priceless. When I told her I'm paying with my Tim Card, she watched me tap the phone. She was surprised and didn't know you could do that, but she did say that was the coolest thing she had seen.

CB10'n it via da Z
    12-15-13 12:53 PM
    Tim Hortons and BlackBerry should join and make an advertising campaign with this

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    12-15-13 01:45 PM
    Just used it 20 minutes ago in Kitchener on Pioneer to get myself a Gingerbread white hot chocolate.....mmmmmmmmm....but I digress

The young girls reaction was priceless. When I told her I'm paying with my Tim Card, she watched me tap the phone. She was surprised and didn't know you could do that, but she did say that was the coolest thing she had seen.

CB10'n it via da Z
    Ah I'm betting the weekend part timers missed all the initial sightings so maybe I'll grab a coffee on my way home today at the Davenport Tims..
    12-15-13 01:47 PM
    Tim Hortons and BlackBerry should join and make an advertising campaign with this

Posted via CB10
    +1
    12-15-13 01:47 PM
    Haven't Europeans been paying with their phones for over a decade?
    12-15-13 02:10 PM
    Just used this at the local TIMMAYY! Worked pretty smoothly. Just a few staff. But they all thought it was cool. Never seen it done before.

Also my first time to use tap to pay with anything. Let alone my smartphone.

Now I gotta look into that Rogers/CIBC payment system. Sweet!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 09:53 PM
    1. Press "Pay Now" or else nothing happens.
    2. I don't know why there are so many confusing options at the beginning, all asking me to register. (I've already registered once and gotten one Tim card connected!).

Tim Hortons TimmyMe app updated! IT IS SWEET!-img_00000159.png

Tim Hortons TimmyMe app updated! IT IS SWEET!-img_00000158.png

Is there a difference between "goto card " and "check card balance" ? Way too many triggers, reminders, options, all leading to the same place. My card, which is already paid up. Here is my second purchase:
    Attachment 231284
    This time, the employees all panicked, even the manager. I had to repeat more than once that my telling him the "Pay Now" button has to be pressed by the phone owner was to let him know how to orient the next few phone owners. One of his employees kept telling me that I had to go home and get the card so that I could present the card at the same time as the phone. We got that straightened out after a little discussion.
    Last edited by Davidro1; 12-18-13 at 05:14 PM.
    12-18-13 05:04 PM
    2. I don't know why there are so many confusing options at the beginning, all asking me to register. (I've already registered once and gotten one Tim card connected!).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000159.png 
Views:	1682 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	231280

Name:	IMG_00000158.png 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	231281

Is there a difference between "goto card " and "check card balance" ? Way too many triggers, reminders, options, all leading to the same place. My card, which is already paid up. Here is my second purchase:
    Attachment 231284
    This time, the employees all panicked, even the manager. I had to repeat more than once that my telling him the "Pay Now" button has to be pressed by the phone owner was to let him know how to orient the next few phone owners. One of his employees kept telling me that I had to go home and get the card so that I could present the card at the same time as the phone. We got that straightened out after a little discussion.
    You need to click on Tim Card. Log in and you should see a screen that has the "Pay Now" button. When you are ready to pay, press the "Pay Now" button and tap/place it against the NFC receiver or pay terminal (depending on what your location has). You have about 30seconds or so before it times out, so if you wait too long you may have to press "Pay Now" again. Look back a few pages, someone posted the picture of what it should look like.
    12-18-13 05:39 PM

Name:	IMG_00000159.png 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	231280

Name:	IMG_00000158.png 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	231281

Attachment 231284
    This I why and never show my phone and just say what I am paying with. Once it's ready, then I tap my phone and when it's confirmed paid, they won't have the choice cause the transaction is done!

If they still ask for the card, show them the card on the App! Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 07:18 PM
    After several successful uses, it failed for me today.

I was in a killer long line of cars at the drive-thru. So I didn't quit and start over. I just whipped out a CC and paid.

This was my first time trying the app in a drive-thru, I'm wondering if that was the problem. Drive-thru card readers have that rubbery wrap on them, perhaps my phone couldn't get close enough? I've got a Q10 with the Roots case on it. How have others made out in drive-thrus?

Posted using a BlackBerry Q10
    12-19-13 08:19 PM
    I used mine in a drive thru, no problem

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 08:22 PM
    Just paid for my first double double today at the Tim Hortons near the Eaton Centre with the NFC tap to pay. Pretty cool.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1055 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    12-19-13 09:33 PM
234 ... 56789 ...