When I paid yesterday, the older lady serving me knew exactly what was going on. The guy next me at the register getting his order....not so much LOL

The look on the guys face was priceless

I almost felt like holding up the phone, and just saying "BlackBerry "

Only thing I would like is if it emailed receipt

CB10'n it via da Z
    The app lists all your transaction history for you.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-13 06:44 AM
    According to the press release in the Ottawa Citizen not all Tim's have the capability for paying with the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:51 AM
    According to the press release in the Ottawa Citizen not all Tim's have the capability for paying with the app.

Posted via CB10
    I was unclear after reading that if NFC was everywhere and bar code scanning was in a select region (largely Niagara if memory serves) or if there were intermittent stores with NFC..

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:59 AM
    The app lists all your transaction history for you.
    I know that, and that's fine. But if I'm traveling my meals are covered. To reconciliation my expenses, I need receipts.

I am pretty sure you get one if you pay via the nfs....you just need to ask I figure, but in my excitement yesterday I forgot to ask. LOL

So it got me thinking, having an option to have the receipt electronically sent would be slick...no?

CB10'n it via da Z
    12-13-13 07:11 AM
    I know that, and that's fine. But if I'm traveling my meals are covered. To reconciliation my expenses, I need receipts.

I am pretty sure you get one if you pay via the nfs....you just need to ask I figure, but in my excitement yesterday I forgot to ask. LOL

So it got me thinking, having an option to have the receipt electronically sent would be slick...no?

CB10'n it via da Z
    Would be super cool.. will your finance peeps accept a print out of the transaction history with the item hilighted? (hilit..?)

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:18 AM
    I can confirm this works in Toronto area as well. I just told her I'm paying with a Tim Cards.

As I touched my phone to it she was like "are you serious?"

Then she asks me "what about iPhone?" Too which I replied no only Blackberry as I showed her the blackberry logo on the phone. Lol

Cheers
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    12-13-13 07:34 AM
    I just used it in East York. I just said I was paying with my Tim's card. The guy practically flipped out when he watched me "WHAAA?? How did you do that? He just paid with his phone" LOL. I was surprised by his reaction, it was pretty funny.

When I removed my phone it did say "connection error" but then showed the debit and all was good. Not sure why.
    I had the same connection error. I thought it didn't work... but it work. NFC doesn't need to be connected to work... basically it's all done on Tim Horton's servers.

I think it was the app trying to update your balance and it couldn't reach the server. But then as soon as it reaches, it shows the proper balance

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:44 AM
    I was unclear after reading that if NFC was everywhere and bar code scanning was in a select region (largely Niagara if memory serves) or if there were intermittent stores with NFC..

Posted via CB10
    Unless we all live in Niagara... it's probably in most Tim Hortons! ;-)

Here in montreal, it's a Chase Bank terminal. Not sure about elsewhere

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:45 AM
    Unless we all live in Niagara... it's probably in most Tim Hortons! ;-)

Here in montreal, it's a Chase Bank terminal. Not sure about elsewhere

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, I meant the barcode scanning for the other phones.. ;p
    I'm going to give it a try again at lunch today when I've got a little more time to fuss with it.
    12-13-13 08:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    The bar code scanning is only in the Niagara region. The NFC payment is rolled out nation wide. If it has a chase payment terminal or one that accepts wireless payments, e.g. paypass or pay wave. It should work.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:12 AM
    I went into the Timmy's at Victoria/Westmount (Kitchener) this morning to give NFC paying a try. The cashier knew what I was doing. I have a $30 balance, showing on the phone, which I presented to him.
    I tapped 'Pay Now' on the BlackBerry and placed it flat up to the card reader (as if trying to set the phone on top of the reader) and sadly, nothing happened on two separate attempts. Shamefully I pulled the corresponding gift card from my wallet and proceeded to pay by swiping like a caveman
    I'll chalk it up to user error this time.

I hate to give up however there was a bit of a line forming behind me. You don't want to hold up a bunch of people waiting in line for their first coffee of the day.

I know my Z30 NFC is on and working. I used it to transfer a few files from my Z10, just a bit earlier this morning. It vibrates when transferring files (that's how I have it set).

Two questions
    - will it vibrate when making an NFC payment?
    - where were you folks holding the phone, in relation to the card reader, when it worked for you?

Cheers
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-13 08:19 AM
    Someone posted above that the Z30 NFC antenna is near the top, so if you put the middle of the phone on the terminal it may not work.
    12-13-13 08:25 AM
    I went into the Timmy's at Victoria/Westmount (Kitchener) this morning to give NFC paying a try. The cashier knew what I was doing. I have a $30 balance, showing on the phone, which I presented to him.
    I tapped 'Pay Now' on the BlackBerry and placed it flat up to the card reader (as if trying to set the phone on top of the reader) and sadly, nothing happened on two separate attempts. Shamefully I pulled the corresponding gift card from my wallet and proceeded to pay by swiping like a caveman
    I'll chalk it up to user error this time.

I hate to give up however there was a bit of a line forming behind me. You don't want to hold up a bunch of people waiting in line for their first coffee of the day.

I know my Z30 NFC is on and working. I used it to transfer a few files from my Z10, just a bit earlier this morning. It vibrates when transferring files (that's how I have it set).

Two questions
    - will it vibrate when making an NFC payment?
    - where were you folks holding the phone, in relation to the card reader, when it worked for you?

Cheers
    On the Chase terminal, you put the back of the phone (mine is a Z10) directly on the screen. And it should be basically instant

Posted via CB10
    pmccartney likes this.
    12-13-13 08:42 AM
    On the Chase terminal, you put the back of the phone (mine is a Z10) directly on the screen. And it should be basically instant

Posted via CB10
    For the Z30 it worked for me when I put the top of the phone (top half) over the reader

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:57 AM
    Just used it in Cornwall gave me an error first then tried it again and worked fine. The woman behind the cash was so amazed she call all the other workers to come and see.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-13 09:13 AM
    Do you need a special NFC-enabled SIM card for this to work, or will any SIM card work?

Posted via my Q10
    12-13-13 11:26 AM
    Do you need a special NFC-enabled SIM card for this to work, or will any SIM card work?

Posted via my Q10
    No SIM card required

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and quik4life like this.
    12-13-13 11:34 AM

Posted via my Q10
    Any would work. The special SIM is for banks only.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and quik4life like this.
    12-13-13 12:04 PM
    Niiiceeeeeeeeeee! i just used this in the drive through, The cashier girl had no idea what i wanted to do so i told her that i want to pay with my Tims Card (but with my phone) so activate the machine, she gave me the machine and said "i dont think that'll work" i scanned it and PRESTO ahaha it worked! Sooo sick!

My cousin is an iPhone lover and he was like wtf thats sickkkk ahaha
    12-13-13 01:42 PM
    Called Tim Hortons head office. They did some research and called me back. I was told that this is still considered "pilot" and is only available in certain restaurants in the Niagara Falls area. That's why my local restaurant was unaware. Wtf???

Has anyone been able to get this working at any Timmy's outlets outside of this region?

Posted via CB10
    Actually that's not correct. The only part that us a pilot project is the bar code scanning option for iPhone and Android, and that is limited to the Niagara region. The NFC BlackBerry App will work anywhere were NFC or Tim Cards are accepted. I've used mine twice at two different Timmies in Victoria.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Some newspapers got it wrong (as usual). NFC is at all locations that currently take NFC enabled card and the bar code thing for iPhone is just for the Niagara region.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 08:10 PM
    Didn't work for me in the drive though. The guy in the window didn't have a clue why I was holding up my phone. I asked him to hand me the card reader but no matter how i held the phone to it, it didn't work. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    Same deal....

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 09:02 PM
    Same deal....

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget to tell them you are Paying with a Tim Card. They need to select that option before you can tap your phone against the terminal. It won't work if they choose another payment method like visa/mastercard.
    bungaboy and pgg101 like this.
    12-14-13 12:20 AM
    Worked awesome.. took a second try though but lady said it was the first time she seen that haha

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    bobshine likes this.
    12-14-13 01:05 AM
    Just used it in the drive-thru and all the staff were huddled around the window watching!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:21 AM
234 ... 45678 ...