To all of you who have had this work, where are you located.
    What he said... Can those who had luck with this post the location of the Tim's?
    12-10-13 05:36 PM
    i tried with my Z30 and it didnt' work me. the terminal said card error.
    Did you say you were paying with your timmy card ?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:49 PM
    I said Tim Card. Downtown Toronto. Yonge st, south of Dundas.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055
    bbmtna and blackmoe like this.
    12-10-13 06:24 PM
    Used my Q10 to pay today. Totally blew their minds.

Told them it was a gift card. Needed a little wiggle on the card reader before it got read, but then it went through perfectly.

As I left the staff all huddled to talk about it.

Posted using a BlackBerry Q10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-10-13 09:36 PM
    Used my Q10 to pay today. Totally blew their minds.

Told them it was a gift card. Needed a little wiggle on the card reader before it got read, but then it went through perfectly.

As I left the staff all huddled to talk about it.

Which Tim's location?
    12-10-13 09:44 PM
    Is the bbos version updated with nfc payments? On bbw it looks like an updated version but doesn't mention nfc in the description.. Anyone have the app on os7 to verify?
    Pretty sure no bbos devices have nfc....

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.1.1055 bbm channel C0037DB1A
    12-10-13 09:46 PM
    Which Tim's location?
    Downtown Halifax by the ferry.

12-10-13 09:47 PM

The 9900 has NFC.

bungaboy likes this.
    12-10-13 09:48 PM
    I hope to try this tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:08 PM
    Pretty sure that the 93xx curve has NFC as well.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-10-13 11:35 PM
    The 9900 has NFC.

Werd! Happy to see this works in Halifax. I'll give it a go next time I'm in the city!

Also, this is back last Dec when they showed off the mobile payments with the 9900

Tim Hortons accepts Mobile Payments using Smartphones | Tim Hortons
    12-11-13 06:33 AM
    Exactly plus I love Tim Hortons coffee and hate Starbucks (all marketing image)

On a side note is there any other apps that allow you to pay with NFC.. any Canadian banking apps that allow you to use NFC to pay?

Posted via CB10
    I can't say I, or many other people, would agree that Tims coffee is better than Starbucks. And as much as I want to explain why, it's hard to without sounding like a complete ********* with my head up my ***.
    So I'll leave by saying the new update to the Tims app really does make me happy seeing as though I do still go to Tims a lot (bagel BELT is far too delicious haha).
    12-11-13 07:07 AM
    Complete POS blackberry embarrassment in Tim Hortons. NFC set up properly and enabled. Gift card topped up. Try NFC with a line behind me and in typical BlackBerry fashion it goes wrong. I use NFC on a daily basis and I am familiar with the BlackBerry smartphone device. Back in the wallet the gift card goes. Wants to protect my funds when I'm trying to spend them. Here's what happened upon tap
    Attachment 228998
    12-11-13 07:09 AM
    I'd like to piggy back off what this guy posted.

To all of you who have had this work, where are you located.
    I'd love to try this, but I don't want to drive through three hours to buy a coffee.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Toronto (Dundas/Adelaide/King/Richmond/Queen), it's been available for a bit now. No issues. I usually don't tell the cashier anything, and just hold up my phone. If I don't see the Swipe to pay thing on the reader I tell them it's a Tim Card Tap payment.
    12-11-13 07:57 AM

Wrong
    12-11-13 08:02 AM
    Works sweet. Just tell them your paying with a tims card(you can say "with tap and pay" to make it clear to them). The interac terminal should display" Swipe/insert or tap to proceed" then you tap(after you've tapped "Pay now" on the app). As long as they set it as a gift card payment it will work (Edmonton)
    sirk25 and R Field like this.
    12-11-13 08:09 AM
    Complete POS blackberry embarrassment in Tim Hortons. NFC set up properly and enabled. Gift card topped up. Try NFC with a line behind me and in typical BlackBerry fashion it goes wrong. I use NFC on a daily basis and I am familiar with the BlackBerry smartphone device. Back in the wallet the gift card goes. Wants to protect my funds when I'm trying to spend them. Here's what happened upon tap
    Attachment 228998
    I suspect they entered it as a Credit card payment, or it's a user error.

I used it this morning and it worked flawlessly, and the lady had never even seen someone pay with their phone, I did say it was a gift card payment with tap and pay and she understood, so maybe you need to explain what you're doing better. I know, I know, they should know what they're doing...It's new though. Hope you grabbed some tissues on your way out.

You make every problem you have seem like it's BlackBerry's, perhaps you should take some responsibility?
    sirk25 likes this.
    12-11-13 08:17 AM
    I suspect they entered it as a Credit card payment, or it's a user error.

I used it this morning and it worked flawlessly, and the lady had never even seen someone pay with their phone, I did say it was a gift card payment with tap and pay and she understood, so maybe you need to explain what you're doing better. I know, I know, they should know what they're doing...It's new though. Hope you grabbed some tissues on your way out.

You make every problem you have seem like it's BlackBerry's, perhaps you should take some responsibility?
    Most problems are BlackBerry's which is why they are in the position they are in with no one buying the devices. Problems with a BlackBerry. The reputation they will forever have.

I explained very clearly what I was doing and I am very familiar with NFC, BlackBerry devices and was very conscious of how I was completing the transaction. There was definitely a malfunction beyond my control for my case.

Typical fanboy response of "I used it this morning and it worked flawlessly", of course it must be user error for someone else if it goes wrong!

I'm not looking for solutions from you, but if you need help with your BlackBerry let me know.
    12-11-13 08:34 AM
    Most problems are BlackBerry's which is why they are in the position they are in with no one buying the devices. Problems with a BlackBerry. The reputation they will forever have.

I explained very clearly what I was doing and I am very familiar with NFC, BlackBerry devices and was very conscious of how I was completing the transaction. There was definitely a malfunction beyond my control for my case.

Typical fanboy response of "I used it this morning and it worked flawlessly", of course it must be user error for someone else if it goes wrong!

I'm not looking for solutions from you but if you need help with your BlackBerry let me know.
    Typical troll response, "Typical fanboy response"

Nothing fanboyish about my response, it worked flawlessly you can call the Tim hortons on 111ave and 184st in Edmonton and talk to the lady there if you want to verify.

There was obviously an error as you stated. it was either Tims entered the wrong payment method and you threw a hissy fit without trying again or ensuring they were doing it correctly, OR, YOU are NOT as familiar with NFC and BlackBerry as you claim. What device are you using? Why does it work on mine and not yours? Thers only 2 explanations and they both have to do with humans, either Tims' employees not knowing, or you. (edit to add: or as stated below, the terminal could be the culprit, but BlackBerry doesn't make those)

And just like barcode readers, there will be a learning period. I remember some barcode readers couldn't read digital displays, was that the phone manufactures fault?

Maybe instead of throwing a hissy fit, try to help yourself by offering help.
    Last edited by AngryEdmontonian; 12-11-13 at 08:58 AM.
    12-11-13 08:45 AM
    It's too bad Tim coffee taste like horse pizz.
    I've not tried "horse pizz" and never will so I can't comment on that but I can say Timmies decaf is not as good as it used to be.
    12-11-13 08:49 AM

I'm not looking for solutions from you, but if you need help with your BlackBerry let me know.
    Which Tim's did you go to? Not that it matters much, I'm just curious because we live in the same area.
    You have a good grasp of tech so you should deduce that it could also be a problem with Tim's card reader. Those machines F up all the time.
    12-11-13 08:53 AM
    Which Tim's did you go to? Not that it matters much, I'm just curious because we live in the same area.
    You have a good grasp of tech so you should deduce that it could also be a problem with Tim's card reader. Those machines F up all the time.
    Yea I've had it tell me to tap, then I tap and it tells me to insert or swipe my card. NFC payments still aren't well adopted in Canada with only about grocery, gas and Shoppers with reliable tap payments. Tims I've found especially inconsistent.
    12-11-13 08:55 AM

Nothing BlackBerry can do if the cashier entered credit card! It's like saying credit card and trying to put a debit card... happens to me many times. the problem is not the device, it's 12 inches from the device

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:58 AM
    I've not tried "horse pizz" and never will so I can't comment on that but I can say Timmies decaf is not as good as it used to be.
    That's because decaf's not coffee..
    J Morehouse likes this.
    12-11-13 09:13 AM
    I just tried it and it worked.

I said I would be paying with Tim card and I just tapped my Z30 on the machine.

The server had never seen it.

My friend was blown away.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:03 AM
234 12345 ...