OK so yay. I loaded up a Tim Card on the app. Go into Tins to pay for a coffee. This is gonna be great! Nope Store accepts apples and Kit Kats Barcode swipe but not NFC Apparently only select stores offer NFC Payments. Gonna go buy another Iphone just for Tim Hortons as it will be years before I get to use NFC here. (I'm optimistic)
    So ya let's start a list of NFC Friendly stores

Fort Mcmurray Alberta, None.

Posted Via my second Z10
    12-17-13 10:55 PM
    What? Any Timmy that accepts tap payment from Visa or Mastercard would accept NFC payment... and no Timmy accepts barcode except in the Niagara region.

For the restaurants: all Montreal, all Toronto and all Kitchener-Waterloo (yeah I go to Timmy a lot lol)

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:59 PM
    Hmmmmmm. Could I be doing it wrong then? The error was no chip. So is it possible she thought I was using cibc Mobile payment? Maybe I should have been clear I.was using a preloaded Tim Card on the timmy me app. Is it different?

Posted Via my second Z10
    12-17-13 11:03 PM
    From what I heard the iPhone and Android apps both use Barcode.

Posted Via my second Z10
    12-17-13 11:04 PM
    From what I heard the iPhone and Android apps both use Barcode.

Posted Via my second Z10
    If they input credit card it won't work cause their system is expecting credit card. So it's important to say timmy card.

There was a press release they were testing barcode but only in Niagara. Check the forum and you'll find the press release. Beside barcode is not as cool as tapping the phone! Who like the hassle of aligning the screen?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:20 PM
    Just wondering. Do you really have to tap the phone? Or can you just hover it over the payment machine. I don't know where the last guy/gals matter that tapped the machine has been.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:29 PM
    Nfc has a very close range so tapping is best.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:29 AM
    I tried it yesterday and tapping didn't work I had to leave phone for a few seconds on the machine. Also you have to say pay by Tims card. Guy behind counter was impressed!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 04:18 AM
    tell them tim card for payment, then just place the phone over the payment device. easy peasy
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-18-13 08:24 AM
    Yes you have to tell them you're paying by Tim's Card then tap away! Remember the clerks are only human and get $10+ per hour.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:35 AM
    You need to tell them you are paying with your tim card. Then place the back of your phone on top of the key pad screen.

The key is to make sure you tell then you are paying with your Tim card. Do NOT tell them you are paying via tap to pay.

As far as I know most all Tim Hortons have the ability to pay via nfc using the Timmies app

CB10'n it via da Z
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-18-13 09:00 AM
    And the antenna is on the BACK of the phone - battery cover - just in case.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-18-13 09:06 AM
    12-18-13 09:10 AM
    Yes you have to tell them you're paying by Tim's Card then tap away! Remember the clerks are only human and get $10+ per hour.

Posted via CB10
    Here they make 20 an hour which is still considered poverty but yes you are Correct.
    She was so excited to say "oh another one. A regular drive through customer uses phone to. Pay as well."
    I have a feeling he's using bank app though.
    Either way, Yes the staff are human and I respect hem

Posted Via my second Z10
    12-18-13 11:55 AM
    OK so tried it again. Thanks for the heads up. Used it a few times today. Addictive. Next step gonna get hooked up with CIBC card.
    Side note... I can only imagine how annoying the bar code option apple and android use is. So does anyone else think Apple with practice being innovative and pit NFC in their next 3 phones next year?

Posted Via my second Z10
    12-18-13 09:52 PM
    OK so tried it again. Thanks for the heads up. Used it a few times today. Addictive. Next step gonna get hooked up with CIBC card.
    Side note... I can only imagine how annoying the bar code option apple and android use is. So does anyone else think Apple with practice being innovative and pit NFC in their next 3 phones next year?

barcode thing really isnt that bad. you display it, they scan it and your done.

Posted Via my second Z10
    12-19-13 04:08 AM
    3 Niagara stores don't work yet. New hospital in St Catharines does. Funny to watch them trying to use bar code scanner when I tell them I want to pay with phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 12:34 PM
    Anyone try this using the latest leak?

Z10, 10.2.1.1259
    12-21-13 12:31 PM
    Used my Z10 at the Trillium Hospital at Queensway West/Hurontario today. Worked great!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:19 PM
    Does not work in Durham or Clarington, tried it in several locations. Was told by senior staff that it's only available in the west, whatever that means. Btw, this was east of Toronto
    01-12-14 12:10 AM
    Used my z10 at several places in North edmonton with no issues, seems all of the stores here have been upgraded.
    01-12-14 01:55 AM
    Does not work in Durham or Clarington, tried it in several locations. Was told by senior staff that it's only available in the west, whatever that means. Btw, this was east of Toronto
    Considering I live in Nova Scotia, it does in fact work in the East

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:55 AM
    Every time I try to use it, the register says "0" balance on my card and doesn't process the transaction. My phone goes through the motions, but then says "transaction not completed. Ask for a receipt". I've tried in 3 different locations here in Hamilton and it's the same result at each.

I like BB10...and that's all that matters to me.
    01-12-14 08:32 AM
    Same with me.. at first they really didnt know what do to. but once they worked it out it was all good. Now i just have to say Tap-to-Pay with Timmys Card. The app works great. Oh ya.. the drive thru works.. the ones inside didn't. manager said the ones inside needed to be updated.
    01-12-14 08:59 AM
    I never say tap to pay. Confuses them, as tbey think credit card, even if you say tim card. I just say tim card, then let the magic happen

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:02 AM
38 12