Seems like according to their press release, all Tim should support NFC payments.

Posted via CB10
    Not AFAIK - they need terminals with the "tap to pay" pad at the top.

I haven't found any in the Owen Sound, Ontario area that have the updated terminals.
    01-22-14 09:39 AM
    Fyi guys, I just had a conversation. With Tim Horton's here is what lead to this conversation.

So my very first NFC transaction was at a store located in Milton Ontario. Zero issues with the transaction. So I go back to the same location a couple weeks later and my transaction will not work. The employee told me that they don't have the technology there (essentially calling me a liar), which is what made me email head office.

Received this little bit of info from head office this morning. The chip for NFC is apparently located on the back plate of the phone. So if you change your back plate to a fancy looking cover your transaction will not work (obviously) . John at Tim Horton's also stated that try to position the center of the back in the middle of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Useful information (from John at Tim Horton's) if you have a Z10/Q. However, the NFC is not part of the back cover of a Z30. On a Z30 the NFC is built in to the top of the device.

Posted via CB10 using Z30
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-22-14 05:57 PM
    Was in Tim Horton today and the cashier informed me that android and ios phones don't work because of compatibility issues with the credit/debit machine. Don't know how true that is. She said that they will be getting a separate tap/scanner for those phones. I can believe that for iPhone but android has the same Nfc functionality as BlackBerry phones.

She said it's still a couple months away at the earliest.
    01-22-14 09:16 PM
    I've tried at 2 timmies in Toronto and no such luck. One on campus at humber college and another at dufferin mall. At dufferin mall location I hear the beep I would if it was pay pass but it didn't get the next few beeps to say it was going through. Me and the employee tried and I eventually gave up, I wonder if it was my case

I only got the tims app because of the functionality and it doesn't seem to work. On another note tims needs a reward system for the.more you buy

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:25 PM
    Useful information (from John at Tim Horton's) if you have a Z10/Q. However, the NFC is not part of the back cover of a Z30. On a Z30 the NFC is built in to the top of the device.
    That's actually a difficult issue with NFC on phones. There isn't a standard for where the chip should sit.

That causes a lot of frustration for cashiers and customers who often don't know the correct orientation for a given phone. Samsung isn't consistent with this either.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-22-14 09:30 PM
    Was in Tim Horton today and the cashier informed me that android and ios phones don't work because of compatibility issues with the credit/debit machine. Don't know how true that is. She said that they will be getting a separate tap/scanner for those phones. I can believe that for iPhone but android has the same Nfc functionality as BlackBerry phones.

She said it's still a couple months away at the earliest.
    From what I have been told is a lot of the older android devices and all Apple Product will be using the bar code scan which is currently being tested at a limited number of stores in Niagara. As far as the new Android devices go they should have an issue as they are NFC enabled. Apple on the other hand has no intention currently( from what I have read) to implement NFC enabled phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:06 PM
    I have used this at tim Hortons locations all over Ontario and never had any issues! Only time there were problems was when I said I was going to pay with my phone and then the store employee would say that they aren't set up for that yet but then I just said okay I will just pay with my Tim card and then instead of using the Tim card I just scan my BlackBerry and it works, every time!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-23-14 12:01 AM
    Worked every time on my z10 and z30 with os .1055 but haven't got it to work once on .1925.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 03:46 PM
    I use it everyday. I had to convince the staff that they accepted it as payment and also usually have to explain what they have to do. The best way to go about it is to tell them that you are paying with a Tim's Card. Then after you select the Pay Now option on your phone tap it to the pin pad until you hear the beep.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:02 AM
    I've tried at 2 timmies in Toronto and no such luck. One on campus at humber college and another at dufferin mall. At dufferin mall location I hear the beep I would if it was pay pass but it didn't get the next few beeps to say it was going through. Me and the employee tried and I eventually gave up, I wonder if it was my case

I only got the tims app because of the functionality and it doesn't seem to work. On another note tims needs a reward system for the.more you buy

Posted via CB10
    I've used my Z10 at the dufferin mall location before and it worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:18 AM
35 12