Have both the Z10 and PB. More apps that I have on my PB are becoming available for the Z10, and free. qPDF Notes became available today. Reading other posts it seems wise to purchase apps via PB as they are free to download to the Z10. Some have reported it doesnt work the other way around!
    My apps that are available
    PicShop
    Files and Folders
    Magellan Compass
    qPDF Notes
    Whats Up
    karen qpdf likes this.
    03-25-13 06:59 AM
    Have both the Z10 and PB. More apps that I have on my PB are becoming available for the Z10, and free. qPDF Notes became available today. Reading other posts it seems wise to purchase apps via PB as they are free to download to the Z10. Some have reported it doesnt work the other way around!
    PicShop
    Files and Folders
    Magellan Compass
    qPDF Notes
    Whats Up
    It shouldn't matter which platform you choose for the initial purchase as long as you use the same BBID on both. If anyone has problems, I please let me know.
    03-25-13 07:10 AM
    03-25-13 07:15 AM
    Thanks for this link. There are some changes to BBRY's policy regarding apps posted for multiple platforms so I'm not surprised that there are some OS-related issues.

One policy change that irks some devs is that reviews are now platform-specific. Therefore review are no longer automatically carried forward to a new OS - my 400 or so reviews for the PB version do not appear for on the Z10. This sort of negates my rationale for offing What's up on PB and Z10 as a single app. The good news is that consumers can now write separate reviews for each platform. The bad news (for me anyway) is that only a handful of the hundreds of people who have downloaded the Z10 version have reviewed the app.
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    03-25-13 07:50 AM
    PicShop
    Files and Folders
    Magellan Compass
    qPDF Notes
    Whats Up
    While we do have a BB10 version of Files & Folders we have had to temporarily remove it from sale until BlackBerry fixes an installation issue. A lot of our users were having trouble running the app, and the experience did not live up to our own quality expectations. This is expected to be fixed in OS version 10.0.10.852, and we have a new release lined up once we've been able to test it on the new BB10 version.

We've had to separate the tablet and phone versions of our app, also due partially to BB World issues. Purchased PlayBook versions do not transfer to Z10 or vice versa, so a purchase will be required. But we'll be running a promo to ease the pain for our existing PlayBook users.
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    03-25-13 09:18 AM
    Files and Folders running great for me
    Innovatology likes this.
    03-25-13 09:54 AM
    Files and Folders running great for me
    @Innovatology is referring to an installation bug that happens with (maybe) one out of every fifty downloads. The symptoms are that the app appears to install just fine, but it crashes when you try to open it for the first time. Iit appears that only apps that require permissions are affected. Once you get an app to install properly, it runs just fine. The workaround is simply to delete the app and install it again (no device restart is required). Some devs are removing their apps from sale to avoid support nightmares and bad reviews. BBRY assures us that a new software release is ready but it is subject to the usual carrier delays in testing and rolling out the fix.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 03-25-13 at 10:12 AM. Reason: fix typo
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    03-25-13 10:10 AM
    I bought PicShop right after I bought my Z10. It's my first BlackBerry. However, PicShop will not let me access any of my photos. I just get this WHOOPS comment and please try again. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    12-18-13 03:17 PM
    Check permissions. General Settings (swipe down from the home screen) / Security and Privacy / Permissions / PicShop. Shared Files must be allowed. This should resolve your issue.

Z on Channels
    12-18-13 03:33 PM
    While we do have a BB10 version of Files & Folders we have had to temporarily remove it from sale until BlackBerry fixes an installation issue. A lot of our users were having trouble running the app, and the experience did not live up to our own quality expectations. This is expected to be fixed in OS version 10.0.10.852, and we have a new release lined up once we've been able to test it on the new BB10 version.

We've had to separate the tablet and phone versions of our app, also due partially to BB World issues. Purchased PlayBook versions do not transfer to Z10 or vice versa, so a purchase will be required. But we'll be running a promo to ease the pain for our existing PlayBook users.
    Did I miss the Promo for Files&Folders for bb10. I have the version for the PB.
    12-18-13 06:00 PM