There's no way this can be right, is there?-img_20140429_133235.png

Who the heck would be buying these scam apps? Surely people are smarter than that..
    04-29-14 11:37 AM
    Not according to P.T. Barnum!
    Bluenoser63, grover5, FF22 and 7 others like this.
    04-29-14 11:42 AM
    Did you read the reviews? LULZ
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    04-29-14 11:47 AM
    Mine doesnt show these at the top, have to scroll a little bit then they show up.
    04-29-14 11:47 AM
    I think BBWorld is all fouled up.

Only people who buy those apps are themselves.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-29-14 at 12:31 PM.
    04-29-14 11:54 AM
    There should be a way to denounce this developer as a scam. While googling KingVendor, I came across this page: http://www.distimo.com/iq/publisher/...rld/kingvendor

Love my Q10 but now it's Z30 time!!!
    04-29-14 11:56 AM
    I'm going to create an app called App for App. It'll be an app to search for apps for other apps, so basically an app to categorize all those 'App for ____'.

It'll be 4.99 with ads and in-app purchases to reveal the apps.

Stay tuned!
    04-29-14 11:56 AM
    I've seen a ton of these in the amazon app world as well.
    04-29-14 12:00 PM
    I belive BlackBerry World ranking system was messed up for a few hours.

Now it seems everything is back in order.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    04-29-14 12:02 PM
    Take a loot at the reviews, Brother.
    A certain developer always has the same or two reviewers with 5 stars, so it's obvious that they are the ones placing said reviews in order to further trick people into downloading those piles of garbage, and then the people that get fooled review negatively.

Aaaalso.. some devs just submit guides on how to sideload, and charge for it..

BlackBerry doesn't care, obviously.

There's no way this can be right, is there?-img_20140429_120523.png
    ^ Sideloading guide ^
    04-29-14 12:05 PM
    There should be a way to denounce this developer as a scam. While googling KingVendor, I came across this page: KingVendor | Publisher Downloads, Revenue & Rankings | Distimo
    I cannot agree more! BlackBerry has no excuse for letting this scams (there are others, too) running for so long in a curated app store.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    04-29-14 12:07 PM
    BlackBerry needs to make the rules more strict. They have to filter out these apps and get rid of them. Yes we would like a way to report an app and have it fined or kicked out if the developer cannot prove that at least 90% of their customers are indeed happy with the app and what it says it does. Fines would be to pay back all the unhappy customers. If the filter it properly beforehand they would have less need to do this often.

BlackBerry needs good apps not tons of crapps. Quality not quantity. They need to make it a good place for their customers even if it doesn't have all the apps. It is a decent thing to do. That said, read descriptions and don't pay for an app unless it does what you need it to and the reviews at least say it does what it is supposed to. Ask BlackBerry World for a refund otherwise.
    lazypapichulo21 and mrfreeze like this.
    04-29-14 12:08 PM
    I thought the majority of apps on all platforms were technically scams. Created for the purpose of collecting data about the users to be later sold. Why else does a flashlight app collect the users location?
    04-29-14 12:12 PM
    I think the first step of removing all these mess is to ban all.. current and future... apps that starts with "App For.... " imho
    04-29-14 12:18 PM
    I can't believe that these made into BlackBerry World.

A year ago I made an app with the App Generator (yeah yeah, I know it's the cheap out way) for my buddy's food truck. It had a link to his website and to his Facebook page, basically it was to show where he would be during that day. Well BlackBerry had an aneurysm, they said I couldn't use Facebook as a tab. So I had to rebuild 3 times (they didn't like FB either). After a month and a half of back and forth, it finally got accepted.

So I guess their standards have gone right down since then.

Posted via CB10
    Smiley88 likes this.
    04-29-14 12:30 PM

A year ago I made an app with the App Generator (yeah yeah, I know it's the cheap out way) for my buddy's food truck. It had a link to his website and to his Facebook page, basically it was to show where he would be during that day. Well BlackBerry had an aneurysm, they said I couldn't use Facebook as a tab. So I had to rebuild 3 times (they didn't like FB either). After a month and a half of back and forth, it finally got accepted.

Posted via CB10
    But it was an app gen app.. essentially an approved way of making apps for them... smh.
    04-29-14 12:42 PM
    i dont see anything wrong with this... we need these apps to win the APP war!!!! /sarcasm
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-29-14 12:48 PM
    Is there an app for how to spot scam apps? I would buy that
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    04-29-14 12:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Seems like BB is all BS. They said developers can not use copyrighted materials like logo, company names etc... Just look around BBWorld.
    04-29-14 01:09 PM
    Wow, that looks awful. I'm still seeing this on my BlackBerry World.

BlackBerry aren't going to do anything about this?!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 01:12 PM
    I think the first step of removing all these mess is to ban all.. current and future... apps that starts with "App For.... " imho
    Agreed. This is BlackBerry. Set the standard. These junk apps only make it worse. I'd rather have a smaller BlackBerry World with quality apps than the jumbled mess we have now. Bbos 7 had a much better app store.

STL100-4, 10.2.1+spare parts= Custom OS
    04-29-14 01:14 PM
    Okay, let's be serious here.. Who really browses BlackBerry App world anymore? All you have to do is stay tuned to CrackBerry and click the links or search for their reviewed apps. Easy!
    CMcRob and KemKev like this.
    04-29-14 01:20 PM
    But it was an app gen app.. essentially an approved way of making apps for them... smh.
    Was that smh for my post and what was said or was it for BlackBerry?

If it was for my post, the reason I brought it up,was the fact that they were able to detect a copyrighted infringement on my app that I submitted. BlackBerry must see and know that these apps are crap.

Or are you saying that because it's an approved way of making apps for them they are being extra cautious about what is allowed?

If it for BlackBerry, then carry on.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:13 PM
    lol and they look so ghetto too!
    miguel89to likes this.
    04-29-14 02:21 PM
    Okay, let's be serious here.. Who really browses BlackBerry App world anymore? All you have to do is stay tuned to CrackBerry and click the links or search for their reviewed apps. Easy!
    I'm almost sure BlackBerry's userbase is way bigger than CrackBerry's.
    04-29-14 02:32 PM
75 123