I've been going nuts trying to find a sports app with live score push alerts for all North American sports and Soccer but can't find one.

The Score and Scoremobile FC used to be the go to apps but they have given up on BlackBerry.

Does anyone know of an app for BlackBerry 10 that will push live scores? The Sportsnet App used to but has suddenly stopped just before the NHL season. I'll bet they've stopped pushing alerts to BlackBerry.

Also, can anyone using a Passport confirm whether the updated Android runtime actually makes apps with Push alerts functional? I've tried Android versions of the popular sports apps but the push notifications won't work.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-10-14 07:27 PM
    No. Haven't found one yet that has push alerts. NHL game center is a good one for hockey. CBSSports is one someone turned me on to last week. It has a great score section. No alerts or notifications though.

Android with push alerts on a BB? I sincerely doubt but would be nice if the Passport at least can do this.......
    10-10-14 08:23 PM
    I never deleted the score first app & I'm still getting notifications from it but the only other sports app you know push notifications is NFL

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:25 PM
    I never deleted the score first app & I'm still getting notifications from it but the only other sports app you know push notifications is NFL

Posted via CB10
    You know if there is any way to get that one back? Never tried but can a selective restore from an old backup be used just for app installation?

The Score made it seem as though the app would be rendered useless if we didn't take the update. I should have never done it.

10-10-14 08:40 PM
    The old score app is on here some where... you just have to look for it.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-11-14 12:22 AM
    No. Haven't found one yet that has push alerts. NHL game center is a good one for hockey. CBSSports is one someone turned me on to last week. It has a great score section. No alerts or notifications though.

Android with push alerts on a BB? I sincerely doubt but would be nice if the Passport at least can do this.......
    I use the CBSSports app on my Z30 and Z10, but I can't get news articles on it. I can see the headlines, but no text in the story. It's great for scores and game tracking though.
    10-11-14 01:32 AM
    I have been using Yahoo Sports from the Amazon App Store and I get pushed notification only for scores. I have news alerts turned on but I don't receive them. I'm surprised that I do get any alerts from a android app.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:08 AM
    I want to thank Pietro for putting me on to an Android sports app that actually pushes score alerts to my device.

Using Amazon App store, download Yahoo Sports.

It pushes score notifications to your hub. (not news) but what I cared for were score alerts.

It works like a charm.

On default, alerts are silent but if you go into settings in top left > Alert settings you can check to have vibrations and sound.

Finally an Android app that works.

If they can do it why can't the score?

Is There a sports app with Push alerts available?-img_20141011_180833.png
    Is There a sports app with Push alerts available?-img_20141011_180843.png

Jus incase likes this.
    10-11-14 06:26 PM
    I want to thank Pietro for putting me on to an Android sports app that actually pushes score alerts to my device.

Using Amazon App store, download Yahoo Sports.

It pushes score notifications to your hub. (not news) but what I cared for were score alerts.

It works like a charm.

On default, alerts are silent but if you go into settings in top left > Alert settings you can check to have vibrations and sound.

Finally an Android app that works.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141011_180833.png 
Views:	869 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	305245
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141011_180843.png 
Views:	871 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	305246

What OS and you running? I have both sound and vibrate enabled and I get nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 07:06 PM
    I've been going nuts trying to find a sports app with live score push alerts for all North American sports and Soccer but can't find one.

The Score and Scoremobile FC used to be the go to apps but they have given up on BlackBerry.

Does anyone know of an app for BlackBerry 10 that will push live scores? The Sportsnet App used to but has suddenly stopped just before the NHL season. I'll bet they've stopped pushing alerts to BlackBerry.

Also, can anyone using a Passport confirm whether the updated Android runtime actually makes apps with Push alerts functional? I've tried Android versions of the popular sports apps but the push notifications won't work.

SportsNet works just like the old Score mobile app!! Really happy with it so far!!!
    Attachment 305262
    10-11-14 07:20 PM
    What OS and you running? I have both sound and vibrate enabled and I get nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247

10-11-14 07:53 PM
    Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247

I'm running 10.3.0.1154 on z10 and only getting it to vibrate now. I went into the notification settings and turned on vibrate and it started working. I do have sound on too. I guess it's better then nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 08:12 PM
    Any android app can get push notifications working if they want to invest the resources into configuring a push server to work with their ported android apps.

In the case of the score, a few years back they switched their push notifications from the older android method (can't remember the name) to Google cloud messaging. Any apps using Google cloud messaging for push won't even show a notification with the app running.

Bottom line: if the score wanted, they could actually modify their Android port and set up push servers to push to BlackBerry devices. There are a few developers who have already done so successfully.
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-12-14 11:51 AM
    I'm running 10.3.0.1154 on z10 and only getting it to vibrate now. I went into the notification settings and turned on vibrate and it started working. I do have sound on too. I guess it's better then nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Better than nothing for sure. Their alerts are a tad late but heck it beats having to always check my phone for scores. I'm really getting tired of this society we live in where everyone at a party or get together is staring at their phones all night. I don't want to be like that. I have custom alert tones for everything so I know when I need to have to pull my phone out or when I can wait.

10-12-14 02:43 PM
    Anyone who is using yahoo sports... the latest update (version 5.1.1 released Oct 31) seems to break push notifications for us bb10 users. Its better to stick with version 5.0.8 (released Oct 25 I believe).
    11-05-14 07:26 PM
    I would suggest just getting the score native bar in the forums I'm still receiving notifications

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:27 AM