I have Q10 and i want to keep using as long as possible. As reported elsewhere, apps become obsolete or stop working altogether. Many smart people have workaround but it usually requires searching for each program individually. Is there a perma-post that lists everything that works and how to implement, in one place? something like this:

Browser: use this, here is .apk
    LINE: does not work
    Telegram = use CHAT from AMAZON store
    Map = use that program...

The same post would be where updates/additional info are added over time.

Any help appreciated
    08-25-20 07:48 AM
    Not really.... there are a few threads that focus on different things.

Suggest you simply search for what you are looking for...
    08-25-20 07:54 AM
    The problem is that it is not easy to search for applications when the name of the app is unknown (example browser). Additionally, I find that many threads are old and no longer relevant (or the proper .apk files cannot be found etc.).
    08-25-20 07:59 AM
    The problem is that it is not easy to search for applications when the name of the app is unknown (example browser). Additionally, I find that many threads are old and no longer relevant (or the proper .apk files cannot be found etc.).
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ricks-1173929/
    08-25-20 08:14 AM
    That's the problem with using an EOL device and software. Stores, applications etc are not kept up to date and it's too difficult to keep track of the ones that work today (but tomorrow are gone). It would be a massive challenge to gather that info and keep it relevant. You are welcome to give it a shot, however.
    08-25-20 08:21 AM
    #Conite, That's very close to what I had in mind. LINE is missing (very useful for Japan, SK and Taiwan) as is WECHAT (Taiwan/China). OneDrive/DropBox would be nice to have. Thanks.
    08-25-20 08:26 AM
    #Conite, That's very close to what I had in mind. LINE is missing (very useful for Japan, SK and Taiwan) as is WECHAT (Taiwan/China). OneDrive/DropBox would be nice to have. Thanks.
    No Line. No WeChat.

You can get an old version of OneDrive to work. Download Basket from BlackBerry World for DropBox.
    08-25-20 08:28 AM
    I have been able to get LINE working using version 7.18.0. Obsolete unfortunately. Next version supported is 8.17.0 which I have not been able to load. LINE works for now but i am concerned. No luck with any of the WeCHAT versions.
    08-25-20 08:52 AM
    No luck with any of the WeCHAT versions.
    None - believe me, I have tried EVERYTHING. At one time the only workaround was to sign into WeChat using a FaceBook account but that has long gone as well. As conite has said, an old version of OneDrive is possible (I use that on my Passport) and Basket (from BBW) works for DropBox (it is clunky to install, however, so make sure to view the installation video in the app description).
    08-25-20 08:58 AM
    #Brookie, thanks. If/when I have time, i think it would be a good idea to have a central post that lists what is possible and not with an appropriate link back to CB master post (for each app) and/or Youtube videos (when appropriate). Unless I am the last user that is!
    08-25-20 09:03 AM
    This feels like leaving a breadcrumb! Using the post "Android Tips and Tricks", I was able to load Fennec browser with full synchronization to desktop. Telegram X also worked great. Basket works well for DropBox. I WAS able to update LINE using apk 8.5.1 https://androidpicks.com/download-line-8-5-1-apk/. No luck with OneDrive so far.
    08-27-20 10:16 AM
    No luck with OneDrive so far.
    OneDrive is extremely tricky. First off you have to find a VERY old version, install and then update to version 4.2 and that's as far as you can go. 4.2 does all that I need but ymmv. Somewhere here on CB forums there is a thread with instructions. Just can't think of the initial version right now - it's hard to find and is 2.xxx I believe. If I find the apk I used, I'll edit this post.
    08-27-20 12:02 PM
    #Brookie I deleted native version of OneDrive. Loaded apk 4.2 but it does not work. I think you are saying load other apk first, then update using apk 4.2. Will keep searching within forum then.
    08-27-20 12:20 PM
    #Brookie I deleted native version of OneDrive. Loaded apk 4.2 but it does not work. I think you are saying load other apk first, then update using apk 4.2. Will keep searching within forum then.
    Ah - no. I remember now. You need ver 1.2.1 bar file sideloaded into your device THEN updated to 4.2 via APKmirror site. See https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...19/index8.html

I have the .bar if you want but you will have to PM me with an email I can send it to. Either that or see if you can find it on the www.
    08-27-20 12:25 PM
    Another breadcrumb: delete other onedrive instances. Load onedrive.bar (version 1.2.1) via sideloader. I used DBBTool. Open the application and log-on. log-out. Install onedrive apk v 4.2 (without deleting the .bar one). Launch from installation menu. From the initial welcome screen, swipe down and change view which will reveal OK button. Click OK. End result: 4.2 loaded and the previous version/icon will have been erased. - thanks to #brookie229.
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-27-20 01:18 PM
    Another breadcrumb: delete other onedrive instances. Load onedrive.bar (version 1.2.1) via sideloader. I used DBBTool. Open the application and log-on. log-out. Install onedrive apk v 4.2 (without deleting the .bar one). Launch from installation menu. From the initial welcome screen, swipe down and change view which will reveal OK button. Click OK. End result: 4.2 loaded and the previous version/icon will have been erased. - thanks to #brookie229.
    Damn, you're good!
    08-27-20 01:20 PM
    We could go on and on about BB10 and the demise of RIM. At the end of the day, between native mail, contacts, calendar, SMS, Fennec, maps, WA, LINE, Telegram X, Onedrive and Basket, one still has a product well suited for day to day business work. People make fun of me all the time but there remains intrinsic BB features that are not matched in other devices and make it worthwhile doing this type of 2nd order maintenance.
    08-27-20 01:29 PM
    We could go on and on about BB10 and the demise of RIM. At the end of the day, between native mail, contacts, calendar, SMS, Fennec, maps, WA, LINE, Telegram X, Onedrive and Basket, one still has a product well suited for day to day business work. People make fun of me all the time but there remains intrinsic BB features that are not matched in other devices and make it worthwhile doing this type of 2nd order maintenance.
    Yep for some email, text, calls and a few other apps are all that's needed BUT just be aware that many are breaking down day by day. I find it amazing that OneDrive has not plugged this hole yet----shhhhhh.
    08-27-20 01:34 PM
    If it meets your needs... that's all that really matters.

But right now I need Zoom and Teams for work, more than I need email...
    09-04-20 08:51 AM
    BB products were well designed for the nature of work back then. Over time, work changed (less at a desk, more on the go), social activities changed (on line dating) and the geography of users changed as well (small keyboard not well suited for writing Chinese, Korean or Japanese...). Add to that covid, video conferencing,... and we are dealing with an obsolete product. But just like my 2014 car, it is working perfectly fine within the original design parameters.
    09-04-20 09:19 AM
    BB products were well designed for the nature of work back then. Over time, work changed (less at a desk, more on the go), social activities changed (on line dating) and the geography of users changed as well (small keyboard not well suited for writing Chinese, Korean or Japanese...). Add to that covid, video conferencing,... and we are dealing with an obsolete product. But just like my 2014 car, it is working perfectly fine within the original design parameters.
    The same can be said for my 2000 Ford Excursion too I suppose..
    09-04-20 10:52 AM
    The same can be said for my 2000 Ford Excursion too I suppose..
    Precisely. I don't think that the 2000 Excursion came with its own wi-fi network, something now taken for granted. You can still take it to Home Depot though and pick up lumber.
    09-04-20 11:50 AM
    Precisely. I don't think that the 2000 Excursion came with its own wi-fi network, something now taken for granted. You can still take it to Home Depot though and pick up lumber.
    No it came with a very long phone line which I later upgraded to an even longer cat5 ethernet cable.
    09-04-20 02:08 PM
    UPDATE. LINE no longer works. Version 8.17.0 required. No known workaround yet.
    09-28-20 01:40 PM
    ...and then the native bar file works again?!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-20 05:06 PM