After reading b1aze's bit on apps, I propose a challenge to crackberry and crackberryists. (crackheads?)

It's pretty easy and makes lots of sense.

There are a lot of good apps out there. There are a lot of services we want to be able to access from bb10 too and I'm pretty sure we can all think of a few.

Google the app.
    Find the developer. It shouldn't be hard to find an email to somebody.
    Compose an email with something about bb10 in the title.
    Email doesn't need to be Shakespeare. It just needs to be sent, and asking for access to thier app or service from bb10. Short, sweet and numerous.
    Each email needs to be unique, so templates should he avoided.
    This behaviour needs to be passed on to other crackheads and encouraged.

Smaller developers are lower hanging fruit. So, to be calculated in approach, it may be useful to fill the posts of this forum with apps that you personally like and want. If we start small, we can get big. There are a lot of small developers that are talented enough to bring good software to bb10 and should be courted by this community. They deserve recognition and quality in the small ecosystem of app world will get them just that.
    Don't limit your emails to just to small guys either, because a steady stream may be enough to tip the boat.

It's a win win for something as small as sending one or two emails each week.

I've already emailed three this week. Can you do more than me? Maybe crackberry could start a page to rally the troops?

On your mark.
    Ready.
    Set.

GO!

Zedtenbitches
    08-15-13 09:36 PM
    Brings back memories of the playbook days We do have more users though that is for sure!
    kbz1960 and BergerKing like this.
    08-15-13 09:44 PM
    Two things (and I don't mean to rain on your parade):

1. BlackBerry PlayBook Initiative;
    2. Skype mail bomb day

It has been done before with little to none success. We're almost a million, but only a fraction of the subscribers are on CrackBerry, and only a percentage of the active members take action.

But heck... I participated on both the actions I mentioned, so ... again... "you have my bow".

EDIT: We even have a "Give me that App!" app in BlackBerry World. Unless each of us donate $1 to each dev to fund the port/development, I don't see much happening...
    clickitykeys likes this.
    08-15-13 09:44 PM
    I know. I don't think bombing is effective. But a stream isn't obnoxious, but also keeps a small amount of pressure on at all times. It's the small, constant reassurances that will woo. Not large campaigns. That's why I don't think it worked before.

Just a few unique emails week. Start small, as the platform grows, so will the user base and so will increase the effectiveness of this system. Just jeep doing it, I know I do. I've already got one app I want considering a port, and I want that app. It's sweet. I get it. Win win. But now someone else who wants a quality app see it and gets it. Win win. The dev gets two more users. Win win. There's got to be at least 5 million on the platform. Even medium devs get stoked on a couple hundred to even a thousand users. That's potential for some decent coin.

We filter in good apps by picking and choosing. We get an ecosystem of good apps and good developers. If it's a chicken and egg scenario, then let's fertilized some hens.

Zedtenbitches
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    08-15-13 09:57 PM
    I've messaged 3 companies this week requesting.

Calorie Counter by Fat Secret
    MyFitnessPal
    TravelZoo

I'll keep asking apps/developers/CEOs/customer support/admins as I want to spread the BB love. I was actually going to jump ship when my BB9900 keyboard died on me and O2 replaced it with a Z10 until my contract is up. There's no way I'm dropping BB now
    Afourtrackmind likes this.
    08-16-13 04:28 AM
    I like this idea but I don't think it's gonna work.
    08-16-13 05:29 AM

MyFitnessPal
    TravelZoo

I'll keep asking apps/developers/CEOs/customer support/admins as I want to spread the BB love. I was actually going to jump ship when my BB9900 keyboard died on me and O2 replaced it with a Z10 until my contract is up. There's no way I'm dropping BB now
    Nice work! Every email is another drop if gas in the bb10 gas tank. I'll send three more today.

Zedtenbitches
    08-16-13 07:14 AM
    I like this idea but I don't think it's gonna work.
    Thinking it's not going to make a difference is a defeatist and will become a self fulfilling prophecy. What have you got to lose by doing it? A whole lot less than doing nothing.

C'mon. You know of apps you want. Now go get them.

Today I email propellerheads to see if we can get 'figure'.
    Fruity loops will be my second target.
    And another to Netflix to round out me selection.

What are you gonna do?

Zedtenbitches
    collinc93 likes this.
    08-16-13 07:19 AM
    What we do every night, Pinky...

Well I sent another email to Amazon about Kindle and Audible.

Audible seems to have a very good sport staff that is even aware of the Z10... Amazon had me on ping-pong for five emails till one of them understood I was asking for the app that is already available to be updated...

Posted via CB10
    Afourtrackmind likes this.
    08-16-13 08:37 AM
    Good on you!
    Keep spreading the Apptavisim spirit and maybe we can reach critical mass.

This is just the beginning.

Zedtenbitches
    08-16-13 09:05 AM
    I already send e-mails to two Dutch companies to ask for BB10 apps, unfortunately they both answered they will not be creating an app for the BB...
    Maybe it will help, you never know!
    08-16-13 09:26 AM

MyFitnessPal
    TravelZoo

MyFitnessPal works great sideloaded, but having a native app or even a port available in BB World would be better!
    08-16-13 09:26 AM
    We even have a "Give me that App!" app in BlackBerry World. Unless each of us donate $1 to each dev to fund the port/development, I don't see much happening...
    I would gladly add $X per app, IF
    Blackberry matches whatever I put in,
    Then BB can throw that pot at the developers to code away.

i.e I would pay $5 for Blackberry10 bridge, Blackberry then also pay $5 = $10 total towards paying themselves to make me bridge ok ok... you get my point though right.

If devs refuse or don't meet the deadline, my contribution gets allocated to my second app preference.
    My only stipulation, the app must be native.

^ will never happen but desperate times call for desperate measures.
    08-16-13 09:33 AM
    I just noticed this thread, but I think it's a very good idea.

Actually (pure coincidence), this morning, I emailed the developer of one of my most favorite applications (yatse for XBMC) if he would be willing to make his application available for BB. I'm not even on BB, but I'm about to purchase a Z10 and would hate it to loose Yatse.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    08-16-13 09:43 AM
    MyFitnessPal works great sideloaded, but having a native app or even a port available in BB World would be better!
    And this is part of the motivation, because it is possible to side load them our selves, but, if they get it in app world, I think a reasonable demand for good apps will show devs that there is a good community to build for. And the ball begins to roll and better apps start being made natively for bb10.

Zedtenbitches
    08-16-13 09:58 AM
    I just noticed this thread, but I think it's a very good idea.

Actually (pure coincidence), this morning, I emailed the developer of one of my most favorite applications (yatse for XBMC) if he would be willing to make his application available for BB. I'm not even on BB, but I'm about to purchase a Z10 and would hate it to loose Yatse.
    I do hope you join us on BlackBerry. The z10 gets better by the day. I appreciate your Apptavisim even before getting here!

Zedtenbitches
    08-16-13 10:03 AM
    Really? I remember emailing them about 5 months ago and they sent me an automated reply stating how "even though BB have provided tools for easy porting it is not possible etc etc".

Ty
    08-16-13 10:04 AM
    So.lets do it.. let's get those emails out asap. 3 per day for 8 weeks. Then we will re evaluate and go from there

Posted via CB10
    anon(5930933) likes this.
    08-16-13 10:06 AM
    So.lets do it.. let's get those emails out asap. 3 per day for 8 weeks. Then we will re evaluate and go from there

Posted via CB10
    I love your enthusiasism man! I'll surely give support.
    08-16-13 10:23 AM
    I love the liberty and change expressed in this thread!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:30 AM
    I love your enthusiasism man! I'll surely give support.
    I just emailed amazon, hulu, my fitness pal, and netflix

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:50 AM
    Actually the developers want to know where their users are. So, I recommended you guys keep mailing them just to make sure they will aware of their users existent in BB10 platform.
    08-16-13 10:54 AM
    Actually the developers want to know where their users are. So, I recommended you guys keep mailing them just to make sure they will aware of their users existent in BB10 platform.
    I totally agree mate. Let's do this!

Zedtenbitches
    08-16-13 11:27 AM
    There's a better way.

Email the developer for sure. But if the developer says no or doesn't reply within a fixed period, tell them you're going to ask a BlackBerry specific developer to create a competitive app.

The surest way to get a developer to do anything is to tell them there's a better competitive app.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    08-16-13 12:55 PM
    There's a better way.

Email the developer for sure. But if the developer says no or doesn't reply within a fixed period, tell them you're going to ask a BlackBerry specific developer to create a competitive app.

The surest way to get a developer to do anything is to tell them there's a better competitive app.
    I get your approach but I think it's missing the point. We may never get the app we're looking for. What I believe the poor of this exercise is to make enough noise as a community as a whole so developer take us seriously. I think threats aren't the right sort of persuasion we should be championing. But, since you're wrong your own email, you can write what ever you think is right.

Keep it going!

Zedtenbitches
    08-16-13 01:31 PM
113 123 ...