..that make me understand how many MB each app is using? E.g. Browsing Internet: 100 MB, youtube streaming: 150 MB, Skooday: 70 MB.. and so on.. Does it exist? Can someone provide a link and/or telling me how it's working? Thx all

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:05 PM
    So you want to know how much of your 2GB RAM the apps are using when open, correct?

Just clarifying.
    10-14-13 07:02 PM
    ... or an app that tells you how much data each specific app is using?
    10-14-13 08:05 PM
    I'm guessing it's carrier data/wifi usage?
    10-14-13 08:27 PM
    ..that make me understand how many MB each app is using? E.g. Browsing Internet: 100 MB, youtube streaming: 150 MB, Skooday: 70 MB.. and so on.. Does it exist? Can someone provide a link and/or telling me how it's working? Thx all

Posted via CB10
    App manager in settings on OS10.2.
    Shows mem usage of apps etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 08:35 PM
    I think the OP meant the data usage. Not RAM.
    10-14-13 09:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    if your with rogers they have one called "MyAccount"

Never mind I misread the OP, it just does the total data monthly

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    10-14-13 09:45 PM
    App manager? In settings

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 09:57 PM
    I don't think so, sorry.
    With the limited API access that BB10 has, I don't believe a 3rd party app can monitor other individual apps or their specific data usage. I can be corrected if I am wrong, but even on the legacy BBOS I believe that the most a 3rd party app could do was to let you know what additional apps were currently running. I also believe they could kill processes as well. But, I don't think there was ever a way to monitor individual usage of other apps.

Now, there are apps that monitor your device's overall usage in several categories.
    I happen to like Data Monitor for BB10.
    BlackBerry World - Data Monitor for BlackBerry 10
    It may be a PITA, but you could see your current status within the app, and after using whatever app or service (ex. YouTube) you could always go back into the monitor and see the additional data that you have used. A simple mathematical subtraction equation will give you the results you seek each session if you choose. Unfortunately, it just requires you to do the math.

So if you check and have used 100mb and after streaming videos for a while, you can go check and see that you are now at 350mb, the answer is obviously 250mb. Please note that this is a general approximation only because there are other factors such as if a video is 100mb, that number does not allow for the data used just for the initial connection, or for the additional apps (like weather etc.) that may have also simultaneously updated in the back round.

It's not like you don't understand what I am saying, I'm just trying to clarify.

HTH
    smart548 likes this.
    10-14-13 10:15 PM
    I think the OP meant the data usage. Not RAM.
    Yes,I was talking about data usage So..If I would like to retrieve that info there is not and there will be not an app or a service (at least there in Italy) that can show me that. Thx for replying,I think I'll install something like data Monitor anyway

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 01:54 AM
    Yes,I was talking about data usage So..If I would like to retrieve that info there is not and there will be not an app or a service (at least there in Italy) that can show me that. Thx for replying,I think I'll install something like data Monitor anyway

Posted via CB10
    I hope you find something that works. With carriers devising plans to reduce data allowances, it would be helpful if not more important to get an accounting of how much data apps use.
    10-15-13 08:34 AM