I'm talking about something like in the james Bond movie tomorrow never dies.

The reason I believe it may be possible is that cars with park assist can "Drive themselves " without the driver needing to turn the wheel and press the gas / brakes. The software in the car is driving it, so does that mean with an app and hacking the cars OS you could drive it by remote control?

And please, I am not interested in the legality of it but the possibility

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 02:05 AM
    Sure. In fact, I think the software already exists. Just try driving on the 401 on a Friday afternoon and you'll see what I mean.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    05-14-13 07:00 AM
    Well I know with gm with their scan tool called the tek 2 you can control almost every thing in the car except the steering wheel. So ya we might close to some 007 technology lol

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:01 AM
    Interesting thought. It would depend on what security and or software ability the car has.

Clearly the cars with the auto park features have the mechanical components to steer and brake electronically.

Suppose you could directly hack the equipment.

I'd be more concerned about testing and safety as opposed to legality.

But I think it could be developed. Not too unrealistic of a concept at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:06 AM
    I think Audi is ahead in that game.being german ,who knows maybe BB is involved,any way I'll Google it.
    05-14-13 07:10 AM
    Theoretically you can do pretty much anything with technology.
    In this case you have some hardware hooked in to the car's driving system and a mobile app that communicates with that hardware. Simples in theory

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:13 AM
    I think Audi is ahead in that game.being german ,who knows maybe BB is involved,any way I'll Google it.
    I googled,and Mercedes seems to be the forerunner.Good for BB I guess.
    05-14-13 07:16 AM
    With qnx in cars I think this could be a blackberry thing eventually. The new Bentley running qnx just showed off the ability to video call the car from a blackberry, so maybe this is showing that BlackBerry are finally starting to think about integrating bb10 with other qnx systems.

A remote control car that communicates with your blackberry through the network, now that would be a really cool app to design. No doubt

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:59 PM