Here is another freebie for you app lovers.

Telnet allows you to connect and chat with any remote servers. Ever wondered what raw communication to a website looks like? Connect to Google.ca on port 80 - send any command you want and see how Google responds. Want to use an old Bbs? Go for it.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20407240

There is a few bugs to work out, and color codes aren't added yet!

So, for now it's a freebie in AppWorld.

I set it for q10/z10 and minos 10.0. So it should be ok for vzw users. But no promises. I still don't know why vwz folks sometimes can't get things.

Cheers,

Ed

Telnet for Z10 and Q10-img_00000081.png

Posted via CB10
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    04-16-13 05:37 PM
    I want a SSH client, I don't use non encrypted communication tools.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-16-13 06:35 PM
    Got a putty version?

04-16-13 06:36 PM
    Putty is its own open source client afaik. You'd need to get someone to really spend time to port that one who doesn't mind spending the time.

This is intended for Telnet only (that us, private networks or fun unencrypted communication) at this stage. SSH / Terminal emulation and full extended ASCII support will likely come with the pro version (assuming I get time)

I think there is a free SSH client in AppWorld built for Android though you might be looking for.

Ed

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:19 PM
    Thanks Ed. Consider the SSH client because I would pay for it as a native app.

04-16-13 07:26 PM
    I think there is already a native paid ssh client with putty auth support.

Because I wouldn't use it much, I probably wouldn't be able to catch up to them in terms of quality to be honest.

Ed

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:35 PM
    It is still useful for troubleshooting connections. As an email administrator I use Telnet all the time for diagnosing problems when a user can't get their application to connect to a service or claim that their email client isn't sending email.

Thanks Ed, I'll be downloding this.
    04-16-13 10:15 PM
    Doesn't display chinese(gb or big5)... would be sweet if I could play my old mud game on this lol

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:47 PM
    That makes sense. I told it to filter non standard characters to avoid some extended ascii codes.

Next update ill make a toggle for filtering. And see what it'll take to add support for other languages.

Didn't even think of it until now lol!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:31 PM
    Also. As added incentive. If I get the time I want for this, it'll become quite complex. Updates are always free but price may change for new users if I spend a lot of time on it down the road.

It's been fun and I want more time for this one.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:33 PM
    Thanks Ed. Consider the SSH client because I would pay for it as a native app.
    There are already SSH apps for BB10, but I don't know if they're native.

I have this one installed too. Thanks Ed.
    04-25-13 01:35 PM
    Drudging this back up, I'd love a good native SSH app. The only one now, BGShellPlus (aka BG SSH-SCP-SFTP free) just doesn't really work for me in the Work perimeter (can't ssh to anything, even public servers). The only option I have now is IT Manager, which is $100 a year subscription. It used to allow you to use SSH in it for free, but now you can't do that. I'd pay for an app that was more reasonably priced without a subscription. $10 would seem fair to me.
    08-27-14 05:36 PM