Oh, when I turn then off from running in the background it's better battery life, more then placebo as in its evident to me. I dunno how or why but it's certain. I would like to read the blackberry blog link though..

Blackberry also marketed Passport as 3450mah when it's 3400.

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    11-16-17 12:52 PM
    Conite, then why do you recommend no more then ten, or five, forget which of android apps installed? I thought it was because of battery life which thinking now it was, but why? If not running in background? So I can install 50 Droid apps but if only use but five and the other forty only on rare occasions then it won't effect my battery life or only as per usage not from running in background? I certainly think some run in the background (I want to read that article) or at least with the cobalt fix for GPS installed! Voxer gets it notifications although did before it required GPS as well.

11-16-17 12:58 PM
    Conite, then why do you recommend no more then ten, or five, forget which of android apps installed? I thought it was because of battery life which thinking now it was, but why? If not running in background? So I can install 50 Droid apps but if only use but five and the other forty only on rare occasions then it won't effect my battery life or only as per usage not from running in background? I certainly think some run in the background (I want to read that article) or at least with the cobalt fix for GPS installed! Voxer gets it notifications although did before it required GPS as well.

There are a lot of memory leaks associated with the Android Runtime. The more apps you have installed, the more you have to reboot the device to clear memory.

The Android Runtime itself is also given tasks to perform through triggers. So although the individual apps themselves aren't running, the Android Runtime has more work to do - using more battery in the process.
    11-16-17 04:35 PM
    There are a lot of memory leaks associated with the Android Runtime. The more apps you have installed, the more you have to reboot the device to clear memory.

The Android Runtime itself is also given tasks to perform through triggers. So although the individual apps themselves aren't running, the Android Runtime has more work to do - using more battery in the process.
    That makes sense. I definitely get that hence some work better then others and even on the rare occasion two different apps make another app work choppy, etc. Makes sense. Allot happening behind the scenes..

I wish they would of had a changelog back in the day on the few times the dalvik was messed with..

11-16-17 04:42 PM
    I allow certain apps to run all the time like instagram, Pocketcast and Plus Messenger. I need these to be running in order to to get new podcasts or notifications.

These are the apps I don't need running that I Force Close and they stay closed and don't reopen when I launch Taskmanager: Crackberry Forums, Firefox Browser, Yalp Store, Amazon App Store, Videoder and Sygic Maps.
    I can open Taskmanager all day after these are Forced closed and they never reappear unless I open the apps.
    The only one that keeps popping up in the background is Yubrowser and I can't keep it shutdown but that's OK it's only one.

This is how I maintain good battery life on my Passport. I discover all this when my Podcast app would continuously stop playing randomly and once I discovered the above method I did not and do not experience this problem any longer.

This is how I see it so unless you can explain another reasonable reasoning for this..... it is what it is!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 01:11 AM

This is how I see it so unless you can explain another reasonable reasoning for this..... it is what it is!
    I'm not trying to explain how the UI of the Android Runtime functions. There are still a lot of mysteries to me.

All I know is that not being able to run Android services in the background is a hard design spec which can't be argued.

Direct from the Android Runtime technical manual:
    11-17-17 07:25 AM
    I'm not trying to explain how the UI of the Android Runtime functions. There are still a lot of mysteries to me.

All I know is that not being able to run Android services in the background is a hard design spec which can't be argued.

Direct from the Android Runtime technical manual:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3304d289b2.jpg
    So if they can't be running in the background how is it PocketCast will detect my wifi when I get home and automatically download all new subscribed episodes? If I force close it it cannot do this.

Things that make you go hmm....
    11-17-17 08:32 AM
    So if they can't be running in the background how is it PocketCast will detect my wifi when I get home and automatically download all new subscribed episodes? If I force close it it cannot do this.

Things that make you go hmm....
    Sounds more like a Runtime trigger has been affected by your actions - not whether the service itself is constantly running in the background or not.

By force "closing" the service, you are removing the trigger.
    11-17-17 08:41 AM
    Sounds more like a Runtime trigger has been affected by your actions - not whether the service itself is constantly running in the background or not.

By force "closing" the service, you are removing the trigger.
    OK so then it's possible that these apps I speak of have some kind of trigger that may be accessing either location or whatever and is popping up to do something or request something. This is what I believe is happening and causing a disruption either by CPU or Memory, not sure but the result I mentioned causing the player to stop is related.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 08:51 AM
    OK so then it's possible that these apps I speak of have some kind of trigger that may be accessing either location or whatever and is popping up to do something or request something. This is what I believe is happening and causing a disruption either by CPU or Memory, not sure but the result I mentioned causing the player to stop is related.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, probably, maybe, possibly and I have no idea..... But whatever you and Conite are discussing sounds like well................ I forgot what you all were discussing? Where are we again?
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-17-17 09:08 AM
    Lmao!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 09:52 AM
    Hello, guys! Which version works correctly on passport? Could you please give a link for downloading?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-17 04:40 PM
    Hello, guys! Which version works correctly on passport? Could you please give a link for downloading?

Posted via CB10
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/telegr...-apk-download/
    11-18-17 05:02 PM
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded apk and tried to install, however I got a message "unable to install this application ". What can it be? Recently I installed viber and had no issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-17 05:47 PM
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded apk and tried to install, however I got a message "unable to install this application ". What can it be? Recently I installed viber and had no issues.

Posted via CB10
    I get this allot when run time is to old or has to be patched. Not sure what else causes this black box with white letters which say "unable to install this app", very fast popup box?

Also sometimes if you have another version on there. Did you UN - install all other versions first?..

Recently Mobdro been doing this and I'm to afraid to even see the verdict! Hopefully they didn't bump ART to mandatory 4.4 or 5.0 as allot have been doing so... grr..

11-18-17 06:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you have installed IM social messenger, desinstall it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-17 04:38 AM
    Deleted
    11-19-17 07:00 AM
    I've got v4.4.2 working fine (except calls) on Z30.

Posted from Z30/STA100-5/OS 10.3.3.3057
    11-19-17 07:06 PM
    I wish somebody could tweak the "Edward Snowden" recommended app as in "Signal Private Messenger" as it runs so smooth and is as secure as it gets for Droid. However, there a fork or something missing or in place blocking the calling as it rings and says "missed call from" within the app chat but never rings when somebody calls you or you call them it sounds as if ringing but doesn't. Otherwise, the app runs like native and is a spectacular app. It seems it's probably something small missing for the call to go on through. A shame.

11-19-17 09:03 PM
    I wish somebody could tweak the "Edward Snowden" recommended app as in "Signal Private Messenger" as it runs so smooth and is as secure as it gets for Droid. However, there a fork or something missing or in place blocking the calling as it rings and says "missed call from" within the app chat but never rings when somebody calls you or you call them it sounds as if ringing but doesn't. Otherwise, the app runs like native and is a spectacular app. It seems it's probably something small missing for the call to go on through. A shame.

Similar problems on texting apps like Textnow and Textfree going back 2-3 years ago. Never could figure out how to make and take phone calls like I can now with BBAndroid. I think problem was something comparability wise across similar products. It didn't seem to matter which provider.
    11-20-17 08:44 AM
    Similar problems on texting apps like Textnow and Textfree going back 2-3 years ago. Never could figure out how to make and take phone calls like I can now with BBAndroid. I think problem was something comparability wise across similar products. It didn't seem to matter which provider.
    Exactly, a shame! Grrr..

11-20-17 01:15 PM
    Exactly, a shame! Grrr..

I realized that final straw for me to drop Passport for PRIV was this exact problem. Phone.com app allowed me to login and see missed calls. My clients thought I was sending them over to voicemail to avoid their calls.
    11-20-17 01:38 PM
    I realized that final straw for me to drop Passport for PRIV was this exact problem. Phone.com app allowed me to login and see missed calls. My clients thought I was sending them over to voicemail to avoid their calls.
    Your on Priv now, how's battery life? Seems if I went Droid it be Priv or motion and I want to love the Priv but the terrible battery life and software issues/performance worries me.

11-20-17 10:28 PM
    Your on Priv now, how's battery life? Seems if I went Droid it be Priv or motion and I want to love the Priv but the terrible battery life and software issues/performance worries me.

If you're moving to BlackBerry Android, only consider the KEYᵒⁿᵉ or Motion. The Priv is nearing end of support and, along with the DTEKs, will never see Nougat. Google is almost done patching Marshmallow.
    elfabio80 and app_Developer like this.
    11-21-17 06:09 AM

I dropped LG for DTEK50 and I dropped PRIV for DTEK60. I will be dropping both for KEYone and Motion.

The PRIV was the first of three evolutionary Android devices for BB. The DTEK were second and third of the evolutionary devices for TCL/BBMo. The PRIV was really more about putting the BBAndroid into BB designed hardware. The DTEK were really more about putting the BBAndroid into TCL/BBMo designed hardware.

All three devices have dealt with PKB/VKB, battery life and signal issues/reception one way or another. Three devices were good for the point in time when they were sold.

The PKB fiasco was just that with the KEYone but that was less of a problem and more of a fluke. I'd positively go for the Motion since it's now the 5th device in the evolutionary process.
    11-21-17 06:56 AM
81 1234