Can anybody confirm that Teamviewer usable on Blackberry 10 ?

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting a no route message and from what I can see, TV are stopping free users from using old versions of the application.

Of course the latest Blackberry version is 12 and if you upgrade your PC to 14 to get rid of the no route message then you can not connect from the Blackberry because the versions are different.

Installing the android version gives a message that it will not work on a Blackberry and you are directed to Blackberry World and round and round in circles.

Anybody found a solution or got an alternative that will work on the Passport ?

This is the first near essential function that has stopped for me on the Blackberry.
    06-24-19 04:46 PM
    It's unlikely. TeamViewer is turning off older versions because of security concerns, and pushing people to newer versions with improved security. Unfortunately, the BB10 versions are old and the Android versions require a higher version than the BB10 runtime offers. It's the same story as so many other apps - the old versions are eventually not supported and when they connect to an online service, they are eventually turned off.

If TV is important to you, you'll need to use a supported platform (iOS/Android for mobile).
    It's unlikely. TeamViewer is turning off older versions because of security concerns, and pushing people to newer versions with improved security. Unfortunately, the BB10 versions are old and the Android versions require a higher version than the BB10 runtime offers. It's the same story as so many other apps - the old versions are eventually not supported and when they connect to an online service, they are eventually turned off.

If TV is important to you, you'll need to use a supported platform (iOS/Android for mobile).
    06-25-19 11:57 AM
    Can anybody confirm that Teamviewer usable on Blackberry 10 ?

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting a no route message and from what I can see, TV are stopping free users from using old versions of the application.

Of course the latest Blackberry version is 12 and if you upgrade your PC to 14 to get rid of the no route message then you can not connect from the Blackberry because the versions are different.

Installing the android version gives a message that it will not work on a Blackberry and you are directed to Blackberry World and round and round in circles.

Anybody found a solution or got an alternative that will work on the Passport ?

This is the first near essential function that has stopped for me on the Blackberry.
    I'll check this out for you simbeav. TeamViewer has updated a number of older services recently so it's possible there's just an app update required but I'll confrm.
    06-25-19 07:03 PM
    I'll check this out for you simbeav. TeamViewer has updated a number of older services recently so it's possible there's just an app update required but I'll confrm.
    It's hit me too...thanks for checking it out.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-19 08:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Update on this guys; it does appear that there is an issue with recent versions. An immediate work-around would be to downgrade TeamViewer on your target devices to version 12, as that's confirmed to work with the Blackberry World app, but I'm trying to develop a solution for the Android app. I'll keep you posted.
    Ben xfg likes this.
    06-26-19 04:49 PM
    The issue is that TV 12 and older are losing server-side support soon, so that's a short-term solution at best.
    06-26-19 07:08 PM
    The issue is that TV 12 and older are losing server-side support soon, so that's a short-term solution at best.
    That is certainly possible. However, (a) it's designed as a short-term solution, and (b) it had been said that Emtek's BBM would be around for the foreseeable future 4 months before they announced it was going away....so we can probably take our chances.
    06-26-19 07:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good news gentlemen! I have developed a solution for the Android app.

Download from here:

https://mega.nz/#!IpwHkAhD!0LB5DJP8E...k_H9Qx9_yarX8o

You will get a message about Google Play services not being supported; just tap outside that window to make it go away. Confirmed working with TeamViewer 14 on all target devices.
    @simbeav, just wanted to make sure you got the update as well.
    cbosdell, brookie229 and bb_geezer like this.
    06-28-19 12:28 AM
    Good news gentlemen! I have developed a solution for the Android app.

Download from here:

https://mega.nz/#!IpwHkAhD!0LB5DJP8E...k_H9Qx9_yarX8o

You will get a message about Google Play services not being supported; just tap outside that window to make it go away. Confirmed working with TeamViewer 14 on all target devices.
    @simbeav, just wanted to make sure you got the update as well.
    Thank you so much! Who solved this problem?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-19 02:06 AM
    Thank you so much! Who solved this problem?

Posted via CB10
    You're very welcome! I actually solved it directly. All part of a day's work in service to the BB10 faithful.
    cbosdell and anon(5597702) like this.
    06-28-19 02:11 AM
    Thank you TrumpetTiger. Excellent work.

Working perfectly with version 14 on the PC.

Thanks again. A BB10 saver !
    06-28-19 04:46 AM
    You're very welcome! I actually solved it directly. All part of a day's work in service to the BB10 faithful.
    Thank you very much! TeamViewer is one of the main things I still use my Passport for. Really works great on it.
    06-28-19 05:19 AM
    Thanks TT, appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-19 06:31 AM
    Don't use TW much, prefer Remote Desktop, however to have TW v14 working is a handy alternative - nice one TrumpetTiger.

Any pointers on how to install - currently I get an error saying unable to install the file. Thanks.
    07-05-19 05:07 PM
    Don't use TW much, prefer Remote Desktop, however to have TW v14 working is a handy alternative - nice one TrumpetTiger.

Any pointers on how to install - currently I get an error saying unable to install the file. Thanks.
    Delete your previous version first.
    bb_geezer likes this.
    07-05-19 05:25 PM

Thanks bb! Happy to help in any way I can.

Typically there is an option to upgrade rather than the error of being unable to install the file when you have a previous version installed, but just for grins: do you have an older version? If so, what happens when you delete it?
    bb_geezer likes this.
    07-05-19 08:49 PM
    Thanks guys, the previous version was the issue.
    07-06-19 01:17 PM
    Thank you!
    I need this in my life.

Can you make this unlimited access? Just kidding

Posted via CB10
    10-15-19 03:02 PM
    Thank you!
    I need this in my life.

Can you make this unlimited access? Just kidding

Posted via CB10
    Happy to help sir!

If you mean unlimited access to devices via TeamViewer, there's not much I can do about that...but I promise the modified app will be available as long as MEGA maintains my account.
    10-15-19 04:12 PM
    wechat maybe?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-19 04:59 PM
    It seems that ver 15 is out and I can't find a way of stopping my windows 10 PC from updating. I wonder, can the fix be applied to version 15.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-19 09:12 AM